Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have Kumho AT51s on our Tahoe and Silverados in the mountains of Colorado. IMHO they have been great: deep snow, snow-packed highways, slush, high speed. Road noise is low. Haven't done any serious rock climbing but others' reviews are good. The best part is that we spent much less than "brand name" tires and currently have 55k miles on the Tahoe set!
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I originally had the upgraded 33" GY MTs on my 21 order, but when I converted it to 22, I dumped them back to the KO2s since the 33 tires will be for long travels. I will end up getting some other real MTs 35's for local off-roading.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Simple, Ford didnā€™t design it to be a Lexus killer, it was built to be thrashed and go head to head with the Wrangler.
I wouldn't go that far and say built to be thrashed.

25F13FFC-FB75-4DE4-8182-585D66216392.jpeg

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hear Subarus have quiet tires that donā€™t throw rocks.
šŸ˜†(y)

The stock tires did a nice job off road in Moab. The guides did say they throw rocks, so leave some space between vehicles as we were driving to and from the trail.

Sponsored

TheBaadestMeinhoff

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How are your AT3s on wet roads and heavy rain? I watched the review on Tire Rack and they said they perform poorly in those conditions.
I havenā€™t driven during a flood or anything but wet roads and normal type thunderstorms they have been ideal. Most of the tire ratings websites give it a good wet score as well.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The funny part is Goodyear says the "MT" in Goodyear Territory MT actually stands for "Maximum Traction", not mud-terrain. They're basically a hybrid all-terrain tire. Most companies call those X/T or R/T... but Goodyear gives it some obscure name... just to confuse everyone... I guess?

I was back and forth on the Sasquatch package for awhile, but one of the big reasons why I decided against it was because the Badlands non-Sas ships with BFG KO2s. Once those wear out I'll probably go with my trusted Milestar Patagonia, but always open to trying something new. Everyone seems to be big on these Nitto Ridge Grapplers, so I may give them a shot.
A Jeep at the local Costco today had 35" Ridge Grapplers. They are nice looking shoes!

Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Kenda Klever AT2s throw plenty of rocks. I hear them tinging against the bottom of my running boards all the time. It's the nature of an A/T and M/T tire.

Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires LDD
A good reason to get running boards. Are those Go Rhino RB20s?

Fowler

Base
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Nexen Radian AT do not kick rocks.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Simple, Ford didnā€™t design it to be a Lexus killer, it was built to be thrashed and go head to head with the Wrangler.
I had a wrangler and it didnā€™t throw rocks like this , not even close . These tires are bad for rocks ,like real bad

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes they are. Love them.

Ford Bronco To the designer of the Sasquatch tires 76B40A76-D55F-473C-8B61-A4A7266521BC
My favorite running boards yet. I'd love to hear whether folks think that the extra $ for the bedliner coating is worth it.
Sponsored