First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got my newest addition to my fleet on Thursday and have started to debate to get under coating and if so what type?
Sponsored

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my newest addition to my fleet on Thursday and have started to debate to get under coating and if so what type?
My question too!

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be driving on heavily salted roads as well, what are people using? Fluid Film? WoolWax? I'd like to get more than 5-6 years out of a vehicle before the rust takes over.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The salt brine they use here in Maine is nasty, worse than straight road salt by far...I'll be pulling all the removable skid plates and undercoating for sure. Several different undercoating options in my area including my dealer...still researching the different/best options but IMO something has got to be better than nothing.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious what the answers will be.

In the past I just kept an eye on it (usually checked every oil change) and any time surface rust would appear Iā€™d grind it away and hit it with a can of Rustoleum.

With my current vehicle, I had it professionally undercoated andā€¦ honestlyā€¦ it didnā€™t seem to help. Still grinding and hitting it with a rattle can.

Thanks to the Broncoā€™s high stance I plan on spraying it with the hose after driving it on salty days. But beyond thatā€¦ the plan is still grinder and rattle can unless someone has a good idea.

Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Be careful about what product and company you use to do this. Some products will do more harm than goodā€¦

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Modern vehicles do not need undercoating. multiple levels of rust prevention are built into the steels used and frame coating and painting at the factory. The Bronco body steels are also fully coated and painted and the outer surfaces are mostly aluminum. The best additional rust prevention is a weekly undercarriage wash in salt country. I have a 2013 Jetta, a 2016 F350, and a 2017 Golf Alltrack in New Hampshire. No significant rust on any of them.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will be giving Fluid Film a try, whenever my Bronco arrives.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Modern vehicles do not need undercoating. multiple levels of rust prevention are built into the steels used and frame coating and painting at the factory. The Bronco body steels are also fully coated and painted and the outer surfaces are mostly aluminum. The best additional rust prevention is a weekly undercarriage wash in salt country. I have a 2013 Jetta, a 2016 F350, and a 2017 Golf Alltrack in New Hampshire. No significant rust on any of them.
I just looked at a 2016 Suburban on the local wholesale lot. Rear frame rails perforated, would not pass annual safety inspection. Additional corrosion protection is a must here in Maine.

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 12 year old Honda Fit with 140k miles and that's lived its whole life in Massachusetts. I've driven all over New England for snowboarding including behind salt trucks when they take up the whole highway. The only parts with major rust are on the rear quarter panels around the wheel wells

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just looked at a 2016 Suburban on the local wholesale lot. Rear frame rails perforated, would not pass annual safety inspection. Additional corrosion protection is a must here in Maine.
does it look like it went to a carwash each week in the winter?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL, I actually undercoated mine last weekend.... then I went mudding..... and pressure washed it all away.....

So I'm thinking undercariage washes in the winter and rustcheck paint any spots in the summer.
Sponsored