First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
does it look like it went to a carwash each week in the winter?
Overall it was pretty clean, 64k miles, probably a lease car with minimal maintenance. Not that uncommon unfortunately.
Sponsored

projectrally

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 RF / Factory Five 818 / 2018 CX-5 GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It also helps to store your car somewhere cold in the winter. Putting your car in a heated garage is about the worst thing you can do for it once the roads are salted. At least, as far as rust is concerned.

Lots of Mainers on this thread, myself included. I have good success keeping my carsā€˜ rust minimal by keeping them cold in the winter and doing (at least) weekly undercarriage sprays.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PB Blaster Surface Shield looks like it's worth a try, similar to Fluid Film but claims 2 year durability.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So whatā€™s the verdict. What is the best for someone in the rust belt and getting a new Bronco?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Average life span of a car is around 200k mileage or 12 years. Like I have said on other post undercoating is a monumental waste of money and time. If you keep the vehicle clean and hose it off frequently (including the underside) you will very rarely have issues. My 1998 f150 was 22 years old with 190k miles and other then surface rust (which is normal) it was perfect. People would mistake it for a garage queen because of how nice it looked. But it spent the majority of its life parked outside. So I am just saying.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So whatā€™s the verdict. What is the best for someone in the rust belt and getting a new Bronco?
I live in the north east and I wouldnā€™t. Just run it through a car wash a couple times a month when itā€™s snowy that has an underside sprayer and then take some time in the spring and summer to really go over the underside looking for those areas where crap will build up.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The salt brine they use here in Maine is nasty, worse than straight road salt by far...I'll be pulling all the removable skid plates and undercoating for sure. Several different undercoating options in my area including my dealer...still researching the different/best options but IMO something has got to be better than nothing.
Iā€™m in ME too. Let me know what you decide!

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m in ME too. Let me know what you decide!
Will do! Where you at in Maine? Get your truck yet? Mine should be delivered (FINALLY) week after next.

arobichaud12

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The salt brine they use here in Maine is nasty, worse than straight road salt by far...I'll be pulling all the removable skid plates and undercoating for sure. Several different undercoating options in my area including my dealer...still researching the different/best options but IMO something has got to be better than nothing.
I may be mistaken but I believe I was told when I ordered my Bronco through Darlings that the rust proofing they offer was guaranteed for the life of your vehicle. I suspect there are plenty of loopholes with such a guarantee but it may be worth looking into.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Will do! Where you at in Maine? Get your truck yet? Mine should be delivered (FINALLY) week after next.
South Berwickā€¦no date in sight. Will probably still be a while since I have MIC, tow, sas all on the orderā€¦just hoping before summer is over!

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be mistaken but I believe I was told when I ordered my Bronco through Darlings that the rust proofing they offer was guaranteed for the life of your vehicle. I suspect there are plenty of loopholes with such a guarantee but it may be worth looking into.
Yes sir, this is one of the options I've been looking at but still haven't made a decision.

Have you received your truck yet?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
South Berwickā€¦no date in sight. Will probably still be a while since I have MIC, tow, sas all on the orderā€¦just hoping before summer is over!
Were you a 2021 reservation/order pushed back to 2022?

arobichaud12

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes sir, this is one of the options I've been looking at but still haven't made a decision.

Have you received your truck yet?
No Sir. 12/6 blend. Nothing but crickets. A good friend of mine is a tech at Darlings and has been keeping tabs on it for me, but nothing new from that end either. New EDD of 1/27 last week. I'm hopeful.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Sir. 12/6 blend. Nothing but crickets. A good friend of mine is a tech at Darlings and has been keeping tabs on it for me, but nothing new from that end either. New EDD of 1/27 last week. I'm hopeful.
Wow, I was 12/7 blend. Just got both my built and shipped email this week. Truck is currently sitting on a rail car somewhere in Ohio. My EDD is 1/26...small chance u may be on the same rail car and just didn't get notified.

arobichaud12

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, I was 12/7 blend. Just got both my built and shipped email this week. Truck is currently sitting on a rail car somewhere in Ohio. My EDD is 1/26...small chance u may be on the same rail car and just didn't get notified.
I'm hoping for a surprise.
Sponsored