First Name
v8 boy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is something I noticed when reviewing all of their design sketches for my renders, every single drawing had wide square flares despite the production version ultimately getting round wheel arches. Maybe the designers just really wanted square flares, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptor Bronco or Bronco R or whatever the performance trim is called ends up getting wider square flares to differentiate it.

R1.PNG

R3.PNG

R4.PNG

R5.PNG
you should do a production bronco like a heavy duty rock crawler
Sponsored

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe the designers just really wanted square flares, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Raptor Bronco or Bronco R or whatever the performance trim is called ends up getting wider square flares to differentiate it.
I was wondering that myself. I don't think it's very likely, though. It seems more likely that when Ford built the race truck last year, it was before the design for the production vehicle was finalized. The designers were probably toying with the idea of squared-off fenders, because the 1st gen Bronco has more squared-off fenders, but ultimately decided against it. It does raise the question of why they'd include it in this new teaser material, but it's a very rough, small sketch that we may be over analyzing... but who knows.

edit: If I had to guess, I'd say there are two reasons they decided to go with the round wheel arches: (1.) Ford pick ups have had round arches for a long time (while GMC/Chevy, Ram, Toyota, Jeep, etc., all have less-than-round arches), so it's kind of a Ford "look," and (2.) The 2-door already looks pretty similar to a Wrangler, and having squared-off wheel arches would make it even closer to a Wrangler.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m still holding out for a noon update. This one seems like something they could have released in March.
,,,0f 2017

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wondering that myself. I don't think it's very likely, though. It seems more likely that when Ford built the race truck last year, it was before the design for the production vehicle was finalized. The designers were probably toying with the idea of squared-off fenders, because the 1st gen Broncos have more squared-off fenders, but ultimately decided against it. It does raise the question of why they'd include it in this new teaser material, but it's a very rough, small sketch that we may be over analyzing... but who knows.
We’re probably over analyzing them haha.

But I wouldn’t be surprised to see squared fenders on the Bronco Baja or “Raptor” equivalent

aaffddssaa

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I wouldn’t be surprised to see squared fenders on the Bronco Baja or “Raptor” equivalent
Yeah, even though I personally don't think it's very likely, I also wouldn't be overly surprised to see it. They look great on the Bronco R.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We’re probably over analyzing them haha.

What?...6g Forum over analyzing?...Anybody notice the shadows on these sketches? If you cut the sticky notes diagonally they are pizza shaped.

vr00m_vr00m

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Corolla, 93 G20, 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What?...6g Forum over analyzing?...Anybody notice the shadows on these sketches? If you cut the sticky notes diagonally they are pizza shaped.
Not only that but look at how the shadows are shaped. Anyone with knowledge of science will know that that's not how shadows work. So it's safe to say that these sketches are fake.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also came to comment on the prevalence of square fenders...

me thinks the original design was mostly the same, but with square flares. Then when the focus groups said it looked too much like a Jeep, the designers and engineers probably wanted to go with a molded square-shaped flare (like on the R), but the bean counters thought that would be too expensive and time consuming, so they said “idk man, can’t you just, like, make them round or something?” And that’s how we ended up getting a factory Bronco with cut-out kiddie pool flares

Just my guess, but seems like a pretty Ford thing to do

BroncoJeremie

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like square fenders only for using as a shelf to put tools on. But it is way easier to fit let's say 37s

Sponsored

Slickrock

Wildtrak
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unpopular opinion.. I like the round fenders. From a design standpoint they echo the headlight designs, and they also provide, along with the headlights, a nice contrast to the squarish design of the vehicle. From a brand perspective, it does help set it apart from Jeep as well.

I think some of you are too stuck in "Grr.. it must look just like my 30-year old underwear", or you secretly want it to look more like a Jeep...

Of course, the round fender flares do remind me of the Blazer ZR2.. back when I still bleed Chevy...

chipbutty

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have the schedule for the next week.

Monday - A gas pump where a Bronco once filled up

Wednesday - A parking spot used by a Bronco at one time

Friday - A pebble kicked up by a transport truck that chipped the front fender of one of the prepoduction 2 doors which, interestingly, was a manual and had its roof off.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have the schedule for the next week.

Monday - A gas pump where a Bronco once filled up

Wednesday - A parking spot used by a Bronco at one time

Friday - A pebble kicked up by a transport truck that chipped the front fender of one of the prepoduction 2 doors which, interestingly, was a manual and had its roof off.
Finale - Elvis reappears in the new Bronco

Ford Bronco Today’s “teaser”: Sketches with peeks at old and new Bronco Nd9GcTQ9kzeSGsFMzAOxjDE_M-W19A21R47jsiuBg&usqp=CAU