First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know see how they would be able to do drop down tailgate when the spare tire is mounted on the tailgate. Unless the spare tire was mounted on its own swing out coming out of the bumper.
The pie in the sky dream was that the tire carrier swing arm would inlay against the gate surface and latch to it, also that the "tailgate" would have dual hinges one for traditional drop down, and one that would parallel the swing arc of the swing gate to swing open with it when you opened it with a separate latch.

Would have been mind blowing for sure but,
3 hinges(2 on different planes but parallel arcs) all heavy duty
and 2 latches and releases
VS
1 heavy hinge
1 latch and release
and a drawer

Kind of a no brainer from a reliability and cost/time standpoint.

If we had gotten the dual deal it would've pushed the base stripped model up near $37 to 40,000.

I will take this. My only concern at all is the total arc of the gate. I hope its around 135 degrees or more so I can mount one of those fold down shelves on it to make a serious trail kitchen counter top.
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The pie in the sky dream was that the tire carrier swing arm would inlay against the gate surface and latch to it, also that the "tailgate" would have dual hinges one for traditional drop down, and one that would parallel the swing arc of the swing gate to swing open with it when you opened it with a separate latch.

Would have been mind blowing for sure but,
3 hinges(2 on different planes but parallel arcs) all heavy duty
and 2 latches and releases
VS
1 heavy hinge
1 latch and release
and a drawer

Kind of a no brainer from a reliability and cost/time standpoint.

If we had gotten the dual deal it would've pushed the base stripped model up near $37 to 40,000.

I will take this. My only concern at all is the total arc of the gate. I hope its around 135 degrees or more so I can mount one of those fold down shelves on it to make a serious trail kitchen counter top.
I was still hoping for the Pie In The Sky Dream as FoMoCo has done it before back it the 70's on the LTD Wagon.

And a Drop Down Tailgate would have said BRONCO, where the Swinging Tailgate will scream (to the unfamiliar) WRANGLER.

Yes, this is just a pet peeve of mine. Will it be a deal breaker, possibly. I'll definitely not be preordering, as I'm now going to have to wait to see one on a dealer's lot to determine if I'm going to buy or move on to something else.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was still hoping for the Pie In The Sky Dream as FoMoCo has done it before back it the 70's on the LTD Wagon.

And a Drop Down Tailgate would have said BRONCO, where the Swinging Tailgate will scream (to the unfamiliar) WRANGLER.

Yes, this is just a pet peeve of mine. Will it be a deal breaker, possibly. I'll definitely not be preordering, as I'm now going to have to wait to see one on a dealer's lot to determine if I'm going to buy or move on to something else.
im not a preorderer anyways, and not even a first year buyer, but if there is a tailgate mod, I'll be doing that when I get one.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
im not a preorderer anyways, and not even a first year buyer, but if there is a tailgate mod, I'll be doing that when I get one.
We can hope that the aftermarket will make us one!!!

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't rule out the possibility of a hood emblem, fellas.
Funny you say that, I was driving around today thinking how much I’d like to have a big old school bucking Bronco ornament on my hood!

Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean the panel to which the "stickers" are stuck... each represents one of the available paint colors. This one would either be the Cactus / Jet Fighter Gray or the Icon Silver.
Gotta be the Cactus Gray.
Funny you say that, I was driving around today thinking how much I’d like to have a big old school bucking Bronco ornament on my hood!
And the hind legs can be used as a bottle opener! :ROFLMAO:

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

But they triple confirmed the 2.7L
Did you hear the same guy say no customer is gonna punish their bronco as much as Baja...

Bet.

Isn't it built wild? Im planning on fully sending mine. (After i properly baby it for awhile of course.)

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

MY MAN. Jalapenos make the pineapple pizza.

You can stay.
I feel so complete here. I can finally come out of the pineapple/jalapeno pizza fanboy closet! I have found my people... but not the color for my 21 Ford bronco...

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was thinking that the name mall crawler could use an update cause who the heck goes to a mall anymore? I do like the reference to Starbucks. Anyone else have a good modern name for a mall crawler? I guess grocery getter will never go away.
How’s about sh*t shopper?

Sponsored

4X4 Lady

Outer Banks
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4x4 Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The sticker teaser was also "on the car" but there is no uninterrupted body panel that large. Just a theoretical exterior location.
Tire carrier?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you hear the same guy say no customer is gonna punish their bronco as much as Baja...

Bet.

Isn't it built wild? Im planning on fully sending mine. (After i properly baby it for awhile of course.)

I MIGHT wait a few days before taking the new mare out for some "work". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: