JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny, I searched that zip code on Google Maps and it says it's in LA but I zoom out and it's in Louisiana? Must be part of the cipher.

But it's shaped like an SFA:

Annotation 2020-07-07 133613.png
well, LA does stand for Louisiana. It's not far, I'll go take a look up there.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is, I believe the Dana 35 is rounder but it’s hard to find a picture.

Edit: got a comparison
1053B3EF-2852-4221-BDE6-3EC8C16D330E.jpeg
From those pictures, I think you're right.
Also we already have a pic of the rear axle with the “m231/51” designation which means it is way beefier than Wrangler. If it is indeed m230 or 235 that would mean a slightly bigger ring gear than a ford 9”. If the rest of the axle is strong enough to match... it will be a beast of a rear end.
Ford Bronco Today’s Teaser: 2021 Bronco Rear End 0802F033-9A56-4861-B785-A68AB8344F88

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s a code. :LOL:
0 7 1 3 2 0
. G A C B .
no... if you take the number, multiply by 17, take the square root, and then divide by pie, add 2 zeros - then convert to letters it says "SFA-win"

Sponsored

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This new commercial isn’t bad either.

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well if that isn't a solution to a problem no one has. I don't know why people want these complex tailgates. There is way too much stuff that can go wrong with this type of stuff. Just need a solid mount surface so it doesn't droop and the ability to clean out the mechanism from dirty and grime. Me 2007 Wrangler has had its stupid big button get stuck in the winter and the latches needed cleaned a few times in 175K miles...being able to access the inners of the latch mechanism was priceless.

mack73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Defender or Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here's the best I can do to show what I mean about the hinge being the same and the shadows playing tricks.
I drew lines to follow the sheet metal lines where they go behind the tire in the IG post. Then the same lines on the video still. The area between the lines is just body panel, not a bracket.
Ford Bronco Today’s Teaser: 2021 Bronco Rear End 0802F033-9A56-4861-B785-A68AB8344F88

Here I tried to outline the hinge to make the lines more apparent:
I think what you are seeing is that the hinge is MISSING on the previous picture. The holes are where the bracket would actually mount to. On the right the only thing left is the middle piece of the other half of the hinge that is still mounted (on the inside)

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't know why people want these complex tailgates. There is way too much stuff that can go wrong with this type of stuff.
I'm a little confused now... complex?
Roll down rear window.
Push down on carrier latching mechanism (don't know what to really call it).
Swing spare tire/carrier to side.
Pull lever (located inside vehicle), tailgate drops. Sit my fat ass down and take a load off. :rolleyes:
Where's the complex part? :unsure:

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry guys, there is no tailgate. That’s what I was told.
I’ve been thinking about this, it also doesn’t make a ton of sense from a production line standpoint to have 2 different gate options, as the supporting structure would be radically different.

That being said, we were given that hint that there was something the tailgate guys would appreciate (though, I don’t remember who posted it, so take that with a grain of salt).

I suspect that Ford may offer an extendable cargo tray or something, but just a part of the cargo bay, not attached to the swing gate.

but that’s just a guess.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's just it. What is right for one person is not for another. Comes down to unit cost and what is the most likely standard for the consumer. Looks like Ford may have raised the bar with the 35's already. I'm not trying to sound like an A-hole here but it comes down to this. If you want 40's why should the majority have to pay for that feature? By having it as an accessory the average consumer doesn't have to pay for something they don't want and you still get what you want for a little extra $$.
We have plenty of people claiming that it's cheaper to make and stock one part for anything from engines to dome lights, I'm sure a simple metal hinge can get lumped in with the rest of the "they can't make a part for every interest, so we all get this one" to justify why they should be built to handle a 40.

CSSM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 XV Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What if a tray comes out and the side can attach to the open swing gate? We know there is a potential creative solution. If the swing gate is less than 4 feet long having it open with a tray will be legal.

ben5243

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think what you are seeing is that the hinge is MISSING on the previous picture. The holes are where the bracket would actually mount to. On the right the only thing left is the middle piece of the other half of the hinge that is still mounted (on the inside)
You could be right but I still see it the way I see it :cool:
I'm not sure why they would have used non-color matched fasteners on one and not the other. But the IG post could be touched up with colored fasteners.

I downloaded the video from youtube and took a few more screen grabs of that angle. I think it's just CGI weirdness the more I look at it.
Ford Bronco Today’s Teaser: 2021 Bronco Rear End 1594153460209

Unless they actually went out and got the prototype all dirty and covered in road grime (which I doubt based on the IG post being super clean), I think they added some dirty filters along with dust in the air to make the body area that meets the bumper look dirty and rugged.
I think this unintentionally made the upward hinge line appear very weird and almost like a dirt-shadow.

If the hing was missing entirely, you wouldn't see the rotating points that the hinge pin is inside.
Sponsored