O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve been thinking about this, it also doesn’t make a ton of sense from a production line standpoint to have 2 different gate options, as the supporting structure would be radically different.

That being said, we were given that hint that there was something the tailgate guys would appreciate (though, I don’t remember who posted it, so take that with a grain of salt).

I suspect that Ford may offer an extendable cargo tray or something, but just a part of the cargo bay, not attached to the swing gate.

but that’s just a guess.
Yeah that would be cool. Tailgate & roll down rear window are signature Bronco-isms. We'll see though!
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
You haven't seen everything yet, my friend.
From the few things I’ve been told off-the-record as well Ford still has a lot of things in stock. With some of the big leaks I’m honestly surprised that some of them haven’t been rumored already. Ford has done a great job.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a little confused now... complex?
Roll down rear window.
Push down on carrier latching mechanism (don't know what to really call it).
Swing spare tire/carrier to side.
Pull lever (located inside vehicle), tailgate drops. Sit my fat ass down and take a load off. :rolleyes:
Where's the complex part? :unsure:
Or just push one button and swing the whole window/gate/tire in one motion and then sit down.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You have become my #1 trusted insider (sorry @dangerzone79). I'm not giving up hope it doesn't have something more clever and functional than Wrangler-ish swinggate
Hey, this is NOT a competition! I'm LOVING his info as well! All of us are here because we love Bronco's and to share information. Period.

Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey, this is NOT a competition! I'm LOVING his info as well! All of us are here because we love Bronco's and to share information. Period.
Sorry, didn't mean to touch a nerve - I was just saying that in jest. I'm just rooting for a better tailgate solution. Your info is appreciated and keep it coming, please!!

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry, didn't mean to touch a nerve - I was just saying that in jest. I'm just rooting for a better tailgate solution. Your info is appreciated and keep it coming, please!!
Oh no man, no nerve was touched haha. I'm saying that it's allllll good. I'm saying we're a community & I don't care who has the info as long as we get it.

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or mount the mall crawler spare under the car, sweep your foot and the whole hatch swings up giving cover from rain while you sit.

You could have avoided the rear top glass hinges altogether, as those tend to rust out over time.

I chose my 2001 Ford Escape over the Rav and Honda because of the inconvenient tire....but those were never meant to go off-road, totally for style. At least the Bronco has an excuse :)

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think people driving by are glad you can't swing it out into the road. lol
the wrangler one only swings about 100 degrees. My tires and mirrors stick out further than the open gate.

That said the middle of the road tends to be higher than the side, and the gate may swing back into you if it opened swinging to the driver side. It is a PITA to unload around though.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Or mount the mall crawler spare under the car, sweep your foot and the whole hatch swings up giving cover from rain while you sit.

You could have avoided the rear top glass hinges altogether, as those tend to rust out over time.

I chose my 2001 Ford Escape over the Rav and Honda because of the inconvenient tire....but those were never meant to go off-road, totally for style. At least the Bronco has an excuse :)
There’s not enough room between bumper and axle to do this unless you want half the tire sticking out from underneath.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
*fires up Unfounded Rumor Machine*

I think half of it swings right with the tire and the other half drops down like a tailgate and has a waffle iron built in.
no, an oven.

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
L.A. is Los Angeles
LA is Louisiana
And La La means I love you.

Ford Bronco Today’s Teaser: 2021 Bronco Rear End 117507803

no... if you take the number, multiply by 17, take the square root, and then divide by pie, add 2 zeros - then convert to letters it says "SFA-win"
Divide by pie? Like pineapple pie? The Lunch Engineer position makes so much more sense now!

HypnotiQ

First Edition
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt, 2003 ranger edge, 69 mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
its quite simple

Either the photo is CGI and messed up the hinge or the video is CGI and messed up the hinge

no reason for there to be different hinges on different models/trims
At the end of the video that premiered yesterday, in small letters under the silhouettes of the 3 different models, it said the images of it were computer enhanced, so I'd imagine none of these images are real, just very good computer renderings
Sponsored