First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford promised to keep their MSRP the same if you ordered by Mar19 (price protection). But that doesn't necessarily prevent an unscrupulous dealer from raping you.
This is what they stated "Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)."
Reservations will be at the same price not just orders.
Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford's notice was "Offering price protection to all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)." So unless you pick a new option or trim prices should hold into fy22.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s those dam lazy UAW workers fault.
If it boils down to a workforce issue somewhere, it's probably not union. The labor shortage is everywhere now and I don't think industry outgrew the available labor pool over the course of a year. Ford acknowledged in a dealer business meeting they are having trouble competing with the government cheddar. The last year through current day, should have opened our eyes to how reliantly f'd we are on foreign suppliers. I've got several positions here I can't fill and saw our county unemployment rate dropped to 2.8% in April. The flip side is what idiot would open any type of manufacturing in the US when the most important thing needed is in short supply? That being labor.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If it boils down to a workforce issue somewhere, it's probably not union. The labor shortage is everywhere now and I don't think industry outgrew the available labor pool over the course of a year. Ford acknowledged in a dealer business meeting they are having trouble competing with the government cheddar. The last year through current day, should have opened our eyes to how reliantly f'd we are on foreign suppliers. I've got several positions here I can't fill and saw our county unemployment rate dropped to 2.8% in April. The flip side is what idiot would open any type of manufacturing in the US when the most important thing needed is in short supply? That being labor.
I was being extremely sarcastic. The workers only do what their told. Managements/engineers are the problem believe me.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was being extremely sarcastic. The workers only do what their told. Managements/engineers are the problem believe me.
I know, just wanted to gripe about labor shortages in general and how hard it's going to be to not rely on off shore suppliers. I said in another post that one of the suppliers of our most popular oil filter FL 910S, that fits almost everything can't supply Ford with enough. Same supplier pre pandemic and this wasn't an issue. They met with supplier to discuss and it centered around labor shortages, not raw materials.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. You seem more reasonable than most, and it is much appreciated and noted!
I have been trying to hire a few positions for literally almost a year.
Before I would have to wade through and filter resumes, decide who I felt was a decent fit, then schedule and interview.
Several times they were no-shows or things didn't work out in the interview, but it was ok. There were 30 more to look at.
Now I can't find anyone.
I have three staffing agencies also looking and zero results.
Never, ever seen anything like it.
And for what it is worth to all, this is a manufacturing catastrophe all over.
Not limited to Ford.
Not limited to the Automotive sector.
Not even limited to manufacturing.
Local mom-and-pop restaurants are closing/cutting hours because they can't find someone to work, even for more than minimum wage.
Not even going to get into the politics of it all, as that is thankfully absent from the forum.
But it even goes deeper than politics.
It's an ugly, growing monster under the bed.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can I play the what-if game, too?

1.) All FEs will be completed in MY 2021.😘😘

2.) 2-doors will be offered a soft-top option for free.😉😉

3.) Heated seats are now standard.😍😍

4.) B&P for MY 22 will be live "by" July of 2021.🤔

5.) Mike Levine has been institutionalized to due a stress condition.🤣🤣🤣

6.) Ford just found a secret stockpile of 200,000 computer chips an intern forgot to enter into the inventory system.😞

7.) Ford needs you to notify them if you're willing to postpone your order in exchange for a 2.7 manual Sasaquatch. 🤩
I’ll take a number 7 please!

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agreed. You seem more reasonable than most, and it is much appreciated and noted!
I have been trying to hire a few positions for literally almost a year.
Before I would have to wade through and filter resumes, decide who I felt was a decent fit, then schedule and interview.
Several times they were no-shows or things didn't work out in the interview, but it was ok. There were 30 more to look at.
Now I can't find anyone.
I have three staffing agencies also looking and zero results.
Never, ever seen anything like it.
And for what it is worth to all, this is a manufacturing catastrophe all over.
Not limited to Ford.
Not limited to the Automotive sector.
Not even limited to manufacturing.
Local mom-and-pop restaurants are closing/cutting hours because they can't find someone to work, even for more than minimum wage.
Not even going to get into the politics of it all, as that is thankfully absent from the forum.
But it even goes deeper than politics.
It's an ugly, growing monster under the bed.
Are you one of the ones that pay $15 a hour and require a bachelors degree? (Not being a dick). Seems like a lot of people offering $15 or less are having an extremely hard time finding people.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The answer was staring us in the face all day!
@DealerInsider posted at 10:36am:

Rumor from Ford rep...ill know more next week.

1) Only soft tops will get pulled for scheduling.
2) They are reserving what hardtops they have left for FE.
3) The hardtops getting built in China are now an issue.

That sounds about right. but I have a feeling it'll be worse.

Ford Bronco Today, 5/28, Ford email will be sent to all unscheduled order holders monophy (1)

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you one of the ones that pay $15 a hour and require a bachelors degree? (Not being a dick). Seems like a lot of people offering $15 or less are having an extremely hard time finding people.
The manufacturing plant I work at pays almost double that for CNC machinists and they can’t find anybody. They have over 20 openings. No Bachelors degree needed either. On top of not being able to find anybody, people are getting fired, quitting, or retiring from the plant. It’s a double edge sword.

Sponsored

Waiting 4 Years

First Edition
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Recon Package
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So help me, if one Bronco hits a lot to be sold to some random person who happens to stroll in before I get mine I’m going to be really pissed off.
Me being pissed won’t mean a damn thing of course. But dammit....
According to my dealer that is exactly what's going to happen...

I have made him fact check himself 2 times. He is telling me that they aren't producing or giving build dates for FE for the entire northeast, until they have build dates and production happening for the rest of the country.

He thinks that this makes complete sense and has told me that is just the way it is...WTF is wrong with him?

My dealer is a 5 year old, disguising himself in a 50 year old man's body.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They built the roof factory in close proximity to MAP for a good reason because production and transportation from somewhere else was prohibitive. Like most of Europe, our birth rate does not sustain our needs and we will increasingly rely on immigration. Believe it or not, China will be in the same boat in another decade or two.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The manufacturing plant I work at pays almost double that for CNC machinists and they can’t find anybody. They have over 20 openings. No Bachelors degree needed either. On top of not being able to find anybody, people are getting fired, quitting, or retiring from the plant. It’s a double edge sword.
Then they probably require years of experience. They’re gonna have to train someone. Offer a lower wage to start then increase it as they gain experience. It’s either subpar pay or years of experience the companies require.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point about the market closing. Releasing bad news last minute before a extended holiday weekend is a standard tactic for large companies.

Hope they surprise me in a positive way.
What market closes at 2pm today? NYSE doesn't...
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.