Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If it boils down to a workforce issue somewhere, it's probably not union. The labor shortage is everywhere now and I don't think industry outgrew the available labor pool over the course of a year. Ford acknowledged in a dealer business meeting they are having trouble competing with the government cheddar. The last year through current day, should have opened our eyes to how reliantly f'd we are on foreign suppliers. I've got several positions here I can't fill and saw our county unemployment rate dropped to 2.8% in April. The flip side is what idiot would open any type of manufacturing in the US when the most important thing needed is in short supply? That being labor.
Not to get political directed at a specific political party, but politicians for the past 40 years have not embraced manufacturing. Business now is just stock price manipulation, business executives have lobbied Congress to promote Hedgefundism to make it profitable buy and sell pieces of corporations. Manufacturing makes smoke and waste, which politicians don't like.

Millions upon millions of manufacting jobs have left the US. Thousands of manufacturing plants have closed in the past 40 years. The idiotic idea that just off shoring the manufacturing labor would boost stock prices and be better for manufacturing corporations was short sighted (thanks Phil Knight). Eventually it leads to an evaporation of skilled labor and engineering. Those jobs eventually follow off shore too to support the manufacturing floor. Once those jobs left in mass over 40 years, there is no point to have trade and college technical and engineering courses since manufacturing jobs are scarce.

Ford is just reaping what they began to sew multiple decades ago.

I have a degree in manufacturing engineering BTW.
Sponsored

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what are your backup plans ?
Extend the lease, get my 31 year old car in shape enough to cover me till the Bronco comes and shop for a possible alternative....so far the latter 2 options aren’t going great.

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in asset reliability. Company policy is 3 months of training for even experienced techs. It really puts a strain on us when somebody leaves because it's a guaranteed 6+ months before a replacement can resume his duties.
That should be considered in their hiring process! I did it for a division of 8k with a 24/7 operation

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That should be considered in their hiring process! I did it for a division of 8k with a 24/7 operation
So... How may retirees who ordered their bronco would head to Michigan with their RV's and make some money doing line work if it would mean getting their new toy earlier? :p

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I feel like the odds of me getting a Gladiator just went up significantly.
Good luck with that. There is no wranglers or gladiators to be had in my area. I took a quick look in case this drags out a long time

Sponsored

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This just keeps getting better and better. I absolutely love all the drama this is creating. It’s wayyyy better than young and the restless.
This is "As the Turbos Turn".

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. We have major leadership issues at the corporate level that hinders the boots on the ground.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The other thing that needs to change is the idea that everyone "needs" to go to college to be a viable human being!

My wife and I have degrees, she even has a master's. We have told our kids to find something that will make them happy and that they will be able to be able to support themselves with.

The couple decades of everyone needs a BA/BS has brought us to the point that now everyone "needs" a MA/MS or better!

If we need "more" education to be functional, maybe we need to re-tool the primary and secondary educational systems in the US or we just need to say its okay to not go to college and its cool to be a welder or pipefitter or what not!
100%. My father was a surgeon and he had a core group of about 8 close friends, 5 were doctors, 3 were tradespeople that had built their businesses. We had this same conversation 35 years ago. The illustrative fact which stuck with me then was of those 8 people, which 3 owned their own private planes......hint it wasn't the doctors...

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
@flip

Just spill the beans now that we both were told the same info. :)

J/K

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This thread runs the gambit from shoulder shrugs to obsessiveness that should garner a restraining order or commitment papers. It is an email that you may get (the details of which will be readily available by 17 separate and simultaneous threads here.) Anybody not already scheduled is not going to see a Bronco in their driveway before Halloween. No email is going to change that. Nobody is going to cancel an order over it. Untill they actually buy a different vehicle, they will ride it out. Cancellations will come, but will be in steady drips, not all at once over the fabled last straw.

Personally, I will be actually pleased if Ford gets me an email with a delivery window (even if just model year) in May, would be the first self imposed timeline milestone they made to the public that they actually met. (Delayed launch, B&P, accessories list, ordering, delivery, et al.) Would consider it progress. If they maintain their 100% failure rate, it just adds to the list of concerns about the company in general. Ford has a lot of new orders in from people that haven't owned a Ford before, if they keep their 100% record on missing self-imposed deadlines, when those people cancel, they'll never consider a Ford product again.
so Broncos built the first week of August won't be delivered for three months? You don't know what you're talking about.

Sponsored

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think now the discussion has devolved into one just to get to the 75 page goal.. LOL

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The other thing that needs to change is the idea that everyone "needs" to go to college to be a viable human being!

My wife and I have degrees, she even has a master's. We have told our kids to find something that will make them happy and that they will be able to be able to support themselves with.

The couple decades of everyone needs a BA/BS has brought us to the point that now everyone "needs" a MA/MS or better!

If we need "more" education to be functional, maybe we need to re-tool the primary and secondary educational systems in the US or we just need to say its okay to not go to college and its cool to be a welder or pipefitter or what not!
Some of the stupidest business people I've met have a MBA...

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to get political directed at a specific political party, but politicians for the past 40 years have not embraced manufacturing. Business now is just stock price manipulation, business executives have lobbied Congress to promote Hedgefundism to make it profitable buy and sell pieces of corporations. Manufacturing makes smoke and waste, which politicians don't like.

Millions upon millions of manufacting jobs have left the US. Thousands of manufacturing plants have closed in the past 40 years. The idiotic idea that just off shoring the manufacturing labor would boost stock prices and be better for manufacturing corporations was short sighted (thanks Phil Knight). Eventually it leads to an evaporation of skilled labor and engineering. Those jobs eventually follow off shore too to support the manufacturing floor. Once those jobs left in mass over 40 years, there is no point to have trade and college technical and engineering courses since manufacturing jobs are scarce.

Couldn't agree more. They have all added to this mess that has no good solution. The idea that you pay someone more only get's you people that make lateral moves strictly for the money. When compensation expenses outpace profit margins, then what?

We still need people to build homes, fix cars, grow food and generate tax dollars for people disconnected from reality to spend foolishly. Again, not to be political but it seems like there are a lot of people trying to get into this country because of opportunity. Are they the new workforce that's going to power our economy or just add to the pressure already overwhelming the system? I don't know. I know my workforce is aging and the interest in filling these jobs just isn't there. Going to be a lot of businesses die a slow death over the next 3 years and will be sad to watch.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Degree in Econ and I 100% agree. This is also the cause of the wealth gap and our now soft war with China. Basically greed and gutting the system for the reason you mentioned. This is not a red vs blue situation, all the political/corporate class from 1984-2010 were guilty. I guess Ross Perot was right all along.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn't agree more. They have all added to this mess that has no good solution. The idea that you pay someone more only get's you people that make lateral moves strictly for the money. When compensation expenses outpace profit margins, then what?

We still need people to build homes, fix cars, grow food and generate tax dollars for people disconnected from reality to spend foolishly. Again, not to be political but it seems like there are a lot of people trying to get into this country because of opportunity. Are they the new workforce that's going to power our economy or just add to the pressure already overwhelming the system? I don't know. I know my workforce is aging and the interest in filling these jobs just isn't there. Going to be a lot of businesses die a slow death over the next 3 years and will be sad to watch.
Same... My son knows he's not college material... so two years ago his school started offering a vocational track where when he graduates he'll have full certification in Welding.. He thought i'd be upset that he doesnt want to go to college.. told him quite the opposite... Was proud of him for wanting to learn a valuable trade.. and be able to hit the ground working after HS making pretty decent money...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.