Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well not me I was driving my 2021 Bronco Wildtrak but I think the guy in the JL needed to change his Calvin Klien underwear. IFS FTW

Coming out of a construction zone I slide over to passing lane to go around a Hyundai crap can, Jeep comes up fast in the right lane and tries to squeeze though the gap, I shut the door and pass the Elantra/Sonota. Then pull to the right to let the Jeep pass, I have my cruise set at 75mph, Jeep just goes past and I see the wheels shaking violently. He slows down but still wobbling bad.

I go past on the right but keep it classy and don’t gloat Bronco owners are better then that. He got off the next exit and I imagine examined his life choices.

I’m sorry no video I don’t have my dash cam hooked up yet.
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and if you didn't actually experience it, and can't prove you saw it,
don't clickbait others acting like you did.
I guess following the above story up with
Cool Story Bro
Is the only way I can finish

FYI,
I have experienced ACTUAL Death Wobble. I had a cotter pin fail, and the castle nut backed out allowing my tie rod to drop and literally only have one wheel connected to my steering wheel.
This is fix I did so I could drive home [At 10mph]
Ford Bronco Today I experienced DEATH WOBBLE 😉 1631063004966

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've seen a Jeep on the freeway with a tire that looked insanely out of balance.
Is that death wobble?
I swore that wheel was going to come off.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

and if you didn't actually experience it, and can't prove you saw it,
don't clickbait others acting like you did.
I guess following the above story up with
Cool Story Bro
Is the only way I can finish

FYI,
I have experienced ACTUAL Death Wobble. I had a cotter pin fail, and the castle nut backed out allowing my tie rod to drop and literally only have one wheel connected to my steering wheel.
1631063004966.png
Looks good, safety third.

You’re right I ‘witnessed‘ death wobble, not something I want to experience first hand.

Sponsored

Memphis Vince

Base
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue 2 door base 2.3L standard shift
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have seen an older dodge pick up go into a death wobble and I just about crapped my pants as I watched it. I was 30 feet away and it scared the hell out of me for the guy driving. Lets just say I backed off that guy very quick.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I experienced death wobble on my first gen Broncos, not fun at all would piss me off to no end. Don't recall if my second gen ever had that problem .

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have personally experienced death wobble in my ‘68 Bronco years ago. Mine was caused by a completely worn out front end track bar bushing. If you have not personally experienced this, if you do you will be changing your shorts! It’s terrifying and in a short wheelbase vehicle it can put you upside down really quick.

Sponsored

tuletime

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well not me I was driving my 2021 Bronco Wildtrak but I think the guy in the JL needed to change his Calvin Klien underwear. IFS FTW

Coming out of a construction zone I slide over to passing lane to go around a Hyundai crap can, Jeep comes up fast in the right lane and tries to squeeze though the gap, I shut the door and pass the Elantra/Sonota. Then pull to the right to let the Jeep pass, I have my cruise set at 75mph, Jeep just goes past and I see the wheels shaking violently. He slows down but still wobbling bad.

I go past on the right but keep it classy and don’t gloat Bronco owners are better then that. He got off the next exit and I imagine examined his life choices.

I’m sorry no video I don’t have my dash cam hooked up yet.
I own a 2004 Jeep and have had the “death wobble” off and on since 2005! I never drive over 55 beause if I hit a bump it might cause the violent SHAKES! My wife will not drive it! Can’t wait for my Badlands and it’s IFS!

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI,
Ford Bronco Today I experienced DEATH WOBBLE 😉 downloadfile
On my 87 Bronco II I had a tie-rod end partially fail while driving. The wheel wasn't completely free but there was lots of slop. I was only doing 45 mph. I limped the 6 miles home at 15 mph.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh I had death wobble all the damn time in my old 2005 Wrangler Rubicon. Something real fucky with the suspension. It’s terrifying the first few times. Never did find the culprit.

I have it now a teeensy bit in my 2021 Ranger. Think I lost a tire weight on my last outing.

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2017 F-350s do it too. I have the fixed rod installed now.
Sponsored