Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had it on my '66 once so bad that it tore the rag joint at the steering shaft/box.
It's not a shit your pants moment until all actual control of steering is lost and unable to be recovered.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was right behind a 2 dr jacked up jeep on 35's the other day. It started doing the same thing... I was like wtf and backed off. Lol He immediately turned off down another road, and in a min or 2 showed up behind me. He knew I was there before hand. Might have forgotten about me during that tho... Haha

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2017 F-350s do it too. I have the fixed rod installed now.
Experienced in my 18 f250 it’s a recall and it’s real 🤦🏻‍♂️
My '99 F350 CC dually (2WD, twin I-beam front susp.) did this from day one. Freaked me out. Dealer checked everything, said nothing was wrong with it.

I eventually discovered that I had to run the front tires at 35 psi. Any more than that, and the death wobble would make appearances. Didn't matter what tire brand I was running, or what kind of load I was carrying. Lowering the tire pressure was the only thing that helped...

George Ellis

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350 DRW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My '99 F350 CC dually (2WD, twin I-beam front susp.) did this from day one. Freaked me out. Dealer checked everything, said nothing was wrong with it.

I eventually discovered that I had to run the front tires at 35 psi. Any more than that, and the death wobble would make appearances. Didn't matter what tire brand I was running, or what kind of load I was carrying. Lowering the tire pressure was the only thing that helped...
The fixed tie rod has solved it for me. I had to have the dealer install it (I bought it as soon as I could). It took more brute force than I could do crawling under the truck.

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My brand new 2020 JL had a wobble from day one, fiat changed everything, really everything they could several times, didn't work.

Tires to steering gear, track bar to suspension. Everything

After one year of fighting with FCA they crushed it. Two times a field tech came in.. no hope.

The good side, i am here now ;)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My brand new 2020 JL had a wobble from day one, fiat changed everything, really everything they could several times, didn't work.

Tires to steering gear, track bar to suspension. Everything

After one year of fighting with FCA they crushed it. Two times a field tech came in.. no hope.

The good side, i am here now ;)
Curious: was it lifted?

SwissBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, JL, Hummer H1,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious: was it lifted?
No, complete stock from its birth till deserved death. ☠

We only swapped the tires to STT`s - but that wasn`t the problem.

Was a nice one!

JL_2020.jpg

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, complete stock from its birth till deserved death. ☠

We only swapped the tires to STT`s - but that wasn`t the problem.

Was a nice one!

Ford Bronco Today I experienced DEATH WOBBLE 😉 JL_2020
Gotcha, I get tired of these guys that modify the heck out of their suspension, completely change the geometry, and then complain that they have death wobble.

My JKU has almost 100k and no death level.. fingers crossed.

airforceteacher

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW sedan, Eruption Green OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this only a straight axle problem, or will the new Bronco also eventually suffer from this? Sorry, for the dumb question - this is my first 4wd.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I’ve not experienced this deathwobble I’ve had a tank slapper on a sport bike at the racetrack and it is indeed terrifying
Got this once, that Biatch could not slow fast enough. I know for sure, I needed to purchase a new set of drawers.

Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is this only a straight axle problem, or will the new Bronco also eventually suffer from this? Sorry, for the dumb question - this is my first 4wd.
It can happen on pretty much anything, friend had a 2006 GMC 1/2 ton pickup and it would do it occasionally, he would have to come to a complete stop for it to go away. Most of the time with independent front suspension something (or things) have to be worn slap out, on a straight axle it's sometimes hard to find the cause because it only takes a little wear on the right component to cause it.

I had a 2003 Grand Cherokee that would do it occasionally, could not find anything loose in the front end but it did have a 2 inch lift. I removed the lift and it went away.

Ford Bronco Today I experienced DEATH WOBBLE 😉 fb8eceff65868e139d3c786cb0d5d19e--jeep-quotes-truck-quotes

rdg04578

Everglades
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 jeep rubicon, F-150
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
It is generally a problem with Straight Axles as opposed to Independent Suspensions-- unless you modify your stock supension and add bigger tires. In Stock form you most likely will never experience. On Straight axle vehicles it is not common unless the front suspension is worn or modified with bigger tires. Cheap lifts components and worn suspension parts are typically part of the problem.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My JK is a strange one, DW would only occur in the colder months, in summer it seemed to go away. 2 years ago I hit a huge pothole at about 50mph, thought the whole front-end was going to fly apart. After reading some of the jeep forms I switched up from my Fuel MT tires to BFG AT's and installed a teraflex HD track-bar and haven't had DW since. Every now and then I will get the "shakes" but nothing bad.. plus I've gotten pretty good at avoiding those PA-potholes!!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

About a min into the video

jeep death wobble
Yep, that is my experience - bad track bar bushing as well. Easy to fix, but a little scary when it happens.
Sponsored