First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who experienced death wobble behind the wheel of a Jeep, it is a pant shitting experience and mine was only at around 45mph. If you didn't almost shit your pants then it wasn't death wobble.
Experienced in my 18 f250 it’s a recall and it’s real 🤦🏻‍♂️
Sponsored

Reactions: Orf

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the death wobble in my Dads 70 F-100 and yes it was a underwear changing experience 😜

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I own a 2004 Jeep and have had the “death wobble” off and on since 2005! I never drive over 55 beause if I hit a bump it might cause the violent SHAKES! My wife will not drive it! Can’t wait for my Badlands and it’s IFS!
Same here have an ‘04 Jeep and about 45 to 50 the death wobble comes on strong occasionally. Bumps usually set to off.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have seen an older dodge pick up go into a death wobble and I just about crapped my pants as I watched it. I was 30 feet away and it scared the hell out of me for the guy driving. Lets just say I backed off that guy very quick.
I’ve experienced death wobble in a 96 dodge 3500 at 60mph. It was terrifying!

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wow, I have had DW about 8-9 times in my TJ and, while the first few times were surprising and a little unsettling, I never thought I'd squeeze a nugget out over it. I just recognized it for what it was, slowed down a bit until it disappeared, and resumed course. But I also worked on correcting it by checking all of the parts that can cause it and, after a while, didn't experience it again. For those of you spraying butt-mud over this, I'd hate to see you in a real crisis without a set of Depends on.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The worst I ever had was on a 53 M38A1 @ about 50 mph, it was definitely a Brown pants moment!

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had my current JK for 6 years, been running heavy 37x13.5s on it since its had 100 miles...it currently has 71k. Never had death wobble on any of the 4 Jeeps I've owned. Regular maintenance, making sure everything is torqued properly, and looking over the vehicle every now and then and you'll never have these issues.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Had my current JK for 6 years, been running heavy 37x13.5s on it since its had 100 miles...it currently has 71k. Never had death wobble on any of the 4 Jeeps I've owned. Regular maintenance, making sure everything is torqued properly, and looking over the vehicle every now and then and you'll never have these issues.
Hmmm, some of us will wheel anything that we can get to start!
work on it all week and tear it up all weekend.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While I’ve not experienced this deathwobble I’ve had a tank slapper on a sport bike at the racetrack and it is indeed terrifying
OMG, the absolute worst...
Luckily, all of mine went away very quickly, but I've been behind guys that got pitched.
... terrifying is the right word.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well, driving Jeeps for many many years, working at a dealership, and now at my repair shop, I've experienced it quite a few times. We work on a ton of jeeps at the shop, and we fix a lot of death wobble. My worst ever was while appraising a lifted F350 with 38's that a guy wanted to trade in, and that thing had DW bad while I was driving it. That was spectacular! o_O

Sponsored

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I rented a Jeep Sahara 4 door in Houston and it had 268 miles on it - basically brand new...driving to the office and WTF! It is insanely scary...I pulled over and examined all the tires I just knew a wheel was about to come off...could not find anything wrong. Got back in and it drove fine the rest of the way to the office...2 days later going to meet friends for dinner and it happened again. Back to the hotel that night and called the rental company to come and get it and deliver me something else. It is insane...what causes it on a brand new Jeep?

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh I had death wobble all the damn time in my old 2005 Wrangler Rubicon. Something real fucky with the suspension. It’s terrifying the first few times. Never did find the culprit.

I have it now a teeensy bit in my 2021 Ranger. Think I lost a tire weight on my last outing.
Same thing on my 04 Rubicon. Totally unnerving.

AgentKooper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First and only time I drove a Jeep was two years ago when I rented a 4-door Wrangler in lower Manhattan to drive to Philadelphia. I wasn’t planning to get a Jeep, but oddly for that location, that’s what they had. Drove it over to Brooklyn, and then experienced the death wobble going 60 mph over the Verrazano Bridge into Staten Island. Very high bridge, with NY harbor far below me on the right, and the Atlantic Ocean on the left. Absolutely terrifying, especially with wife and three kids in the car. Slowed down to about 35 mph on the highway, got it under control, exited in Staten Island, found a rental car office, and traded that thing in as fast as I could.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is insane...what causes it on a brand new Jeep?
Could be a host of things. Trac Bar bolt torque or bushings, tie rod ends torque or bushings, drag link torque or bushings, bad wheel/unit bearings, bad or worn balljoints, improper toe, tire out of balance, tire cupped, etc. On a new Jeep, I would guess its one of the less drastic of those options
Sponsored