First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my dealership called to tell me Ford is not allowing anyone to wait for MY23 that everyone must convert to 22. Anybody else hear that? I was waiting on white mod top but told must convert to either soft or MIC. "That I could have the MIC top painted" I am pretty sure the dealer is blowing smoke up my ass and pulled the trigger on converting my order for 2022 ehhhh but who knows. Sent an email to Mike Levine. Oh yeah and by the way the dealer also said that anyone who wanted rapid red or the other color that was going away "ford is making all of those black and we are having to get people in right away to change colors before VIN numbers are given"
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting until MY23 for the Mod top... and my dealer agreed on the plan.

I believe Ford even specifically said themselves that if you want the Mod top, you may wait until MY23 and still receive the price protection...

...sounds like your dealer either is the first to provide brand new info, or is mistaken.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your dealer is an idiot.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You do have to convert your order to a 2022 orderā€”it should actually already be converted automatically by Ford. But you can leave it with a 99 priority code (the ā€œdo not buildā€ code) and wait until 2023.

If you dealer doesnā€™t want you to have an order on-hold until 2023ā€¦ then I guess itā€™s time to switch dealers.

Edit: Although should be noted that there is no guarantees that weā€™ll get a white painted top in 2023. Ford hasnā€™t announced which colors will be availableā€¦ all we know is painted tops are delayed until 2023, but they never mentioned the color. You may end up with only a shadow black option in 2023.

Last edited:

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Despite all the knee jerk reactions, there have been posts on this forum regarding Fordā€™s communication to dealers that unscheduled 2021 orders will/need to be converted to 2022 and would be 99ā€™d by Ford. If you donā€™t want it built, leave it that way when you confirm your order.

The comment with respect to AMB and Rapid Red also makes sense - if the order has to be converted to 2022 and those colors arenā€™t options, one of the current colors has to replace it until the customer says otherwise.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Smoke up your butt :ROFLMAO: they need to read the emails that we get.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line. If your order, regardless of what year it is placed, consists of a modular painted roof, then you are MY 23 . Ford has stated in black and white ALL price protection certificates will be honored for MY 23 if your Bronco canā€™t be built during MY 22. You want a top they canā€™t build in MY 22, then your are MY 23. The dealer is a jerk.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Casey, per my dealer (Granger). You can Code 99 your order, and it stays that way through '22. Code 99 tells Ford to not build this Bronco until the priority code changes. When the white top comes available you can then tell the dealer to change the code, and order your Bronco. But, please verify this. Ford has been known to change horses in mid stream.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2 door painted hardtop is a 22 order with an order code of 99 and ā€œ painted topā€ in the comments. Your dealer can do the same. If they wonā€™t ask them to speak with the zone rep.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks everyone, this was helpful. Thank you all!

I feel like my dealer is avoiding answering my questions and is just badgering me to come in and order a MY22. So, Iā€™m not the most confident in their information
Sponsored