Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you actually read the article the Employee for Tomball was not at fault, per the police report. It sounds like a very unfortunate accident and should be left to the numerous insurance companies involved to hash out. That's how insurance works.

Jorge is my sales person and I went to see his Wildtrak today and went for a test drive. The GM granted him the Priority and he deserves it. Isn't it better to give that to a hard working salesperson rather than some kid of the owner? Or the owner themselves? I think it is.

I have zero issue with Tomball Ford and will be happy to take delivery of my Bronco.

OP
OP

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is crazy stuff. Btw if your Bronco is getting delivered to a dealership, do not allow the dealer to turn it into one of its mannequins. I have seen that on several walkthrough videos and I appreciate the information but I have also been uncomfortable seeing some of them are handling the trucks.
Yeah I told my dealership keep it in the back

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...er-told-dealership-not-responsible-so-who-is/

The short story the dealer totalled the car and is telling the owner their responsible for them totalling it.

I wouldn't post this normally but this is a ford dealer and i bet a few guys here ordered from them
The dealer didn't total the car. I watched the video and it clearly states that a car turned left in front of the mechanic driving the customer car.

What needs to be highlighted here is the fact that insurance companies in TX can somehow magically assign percentages of liability to each driver involved. This is a perfect example of why everyone should have a car cam installed.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think its a dealership issue because they're not helping the owner of the vehicle. So now theyre getting bad PR over honestly nothing but a measly couple of grand. They might as well light their advertising budget on fire for how useless it will be now. This small event maybe the difference between service and a sale.
The dealer says they are helping and have provided a loaner car for a month. They attribute the delay to the slow pace of the insurance companies to resolve this. I don't know what the truth is, but that explanation sounds quite plausible. In this case, there are probably 3 insurance companies involved, the vehicle owner, the other driver, and some sort of general liability insurance from the dealer. If they haven't already, the vehicle owner should report this to their insurance and let them fight it out on her behalf.

In this instance, my insurance would likely pay the claim quickly, not increase my rates since I was not at fault, and go after the other insurance to recoup the loss.

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does my car insurance cover me while driving someone else's vehicle? The general rule of thumb is that car insurance follows the car, not the driver.

OP
OP

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealer says they are helping and have provided a loaner car for a month. They attribute the delay to the slow pace of the insurance companies to resolve this. I don't know what the truth is, but that explanation sounds quite plausible. In this case, there are probably 3 insurance companies involved, the vehicle owner, the other driver, and some sort of general liability insurance from the dealer. If they haven't already, the vehicle owner should report this to their insurance and let them fight it out on her behalf.

In this instance, my insurance would likely pay the claim quickly, not increase my rates since I was not at fault, and go after the other insurance to recoup the loss.

From the article

"Tomball Ford did provide Walker with a rental car for three weeks. But when they asked her to turn it in, they were still battling Allstate, leaving Walker with no vehicle, no down payment, no settlement money and a car loan she still has to pay."

So they provided a car then took it away too soon. Honestly the dealership needs to understand this isnt really about who's right or who wrong its about good PR and repeat customers. The committing the wrost thing they can do by not make this easy for their customer.

I shouldnt know Tomball Ford exists but now i do and if i lived in the area i wouldnt take my car to be serviced there. Dealers are living in this world of archaic thinking that customers dont talk to each other or realize theres another dealership down the road that will treat them better. This is a PR nightmare that they could of made go away for probably 10k

Kel

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kelechi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Chevy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Me I don’t want stress. Get me a comparable vehicle and resolution in 1week or else the amount of hell I will raise…..no vehicle will be sold out if that dealership no employee will sleep easy at thier Homes and no vehicle is entering or exiting that parking lot Ford stock price will drop Ford social media will get lit up. everyone waiting for their bronco will have to wait until I get my vehicle and my damn oil change. The longer it drags out the only way harassment stops is if I get a FE 4 door bronco as compensation 👀

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get the mechanic involved by asking their insurance company to cover the 30%, since the mechanic was the driver (seems like the dealer is blaming their mechanic). The mechanic will then be engaged to work with the dealer or fight the 70/30 blame.

If I borrowed my friend's car and someone ran into me, I would think the issue would be between my insurance and the person's who hit me. Local law differ by state so who knows.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...er-told-dealership-not-responsible-so-who-is/

The short story the dealer totaled the car and is telling the owner their responsible for them totalling it.

I wouldn't post this normally but this is a ford dealer and i bet a few guys here ordered from them
If I read the article correctly, the Tomball employee was apparently partially responsible (30%) for the collision. While the other driver was apparently 70% responsible for it. There are many nuances to what will be the ultimate resolution. However the title of this is misleading when stating that a Tomball employee totaled a customer's car.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ahh yes Texas, the let everyone get away with everything state. That is of course except disrespecting Texas

About the story honestly I would've made a scene, cops, reporters all of it as soon as they started screwing around. Hire some teenagers to shame any social media they have back to the days of dial-up. Call Ford, write emails, call the BBB, basically just be on their ass like it was your job 9 to 5. Eventually they dealer will probably toss you the key to his sons First Edition he got for him for his birthday:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Then wait to years sell the movie rights to be adapted into a comedic sequel to Used Cars for Kurt Russels son and his sister Kate Hudson to star in as a legacy story. She had her call totalled by the big dealership in town that was wiping out the used lot that Russel inherited so the college educated/city girl teams up with the lazy wasted talent brother to take on Big "Hat" Tomball and his sketchy crew.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow, y'all have some different laws for sure. In NC when you sell/trade you just cancel your insurance on the car. The next buyer has to insure the car with whoever they please before they can get a tag.
He means the car is insured no matter the driver. If you have a policy, it doesn’t matter who is driving.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was planning on having all of my warranty work done there as it is close and I haven't had a good experience with any dealers in Houston proper. Well, guess I won't.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

The short story the dealer totalled the car and is telling the owner their responsible for them totalling it.

Their salesman Jorge Lopez ordered himself a Bronco and feels justified in getting it before any of his customers get theirs. That's the kind of dealership Slimeball Ford is.
Sponsored