Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, 2012 Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I
I wanted and still want a bronco. They took away too many options, then my X-Plan pricing, and body color roof. Among the price of 63k for the wildtrak. Then interior features look like vomit, so I went with the last V8 Toyota will make, already have offers of 65k for a truck I haven’t even purchased yet. So it makes the bronco not so limited anymore. To answer your question, yes it’s totally different but has the same....well similar off road features for my skill level.

Edit: Lunar Rock TRD Pro (Tundra, 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia) are currently so limited thy it makes the Bronco appear to be just another Ford Escape. Google it or call a Toyota dealership near you and ask them. They usually laugh and say good luck finding one. I found mine in MI and I live in FL. Paying MSRP, no ADM and they gave me free 12k towards the purchase, it’s a no brainer.
I got my Lunar Rock 4Runner at MSRP as well and today another dealer reached out to me that they have one coming in and I’d get first dibs at MSRP on it if I wanted. I built a great relationship with a handful of dealers in the past 2 months and this one wasn’t aware I made my purchase. Anyone in or near PA wanting the 4runner Lunar Rock let me know and I’ll give you the salesperson info at that dealer. Ill give her the heads up too.. so should get you first dibs. Should be delivered in April just like the one I am getting.
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I disagree.
Sorry, what part do you disagree with specifically? The rust is purely cosmetic. If you're mad about it for vanity's sake, then fine, but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with surface rust on cast iron.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I

I got my Lunar Rock 4Runner at MSRP as well and today another dealer reached out to me that they have one coming in and I’d get first dibs at MSRP on it if I wanted. I built a great relationship with a handful of dealers in the past 2 months and this one wasn’t aware I made my purchase. Anyone in or near PA wanting the 4runner Lunar Rock let me know and I’ll give you the salesperson info at that dealer. Ill give her the heads up too.. so should get you first dibs. Should be delivered in April just like the one I am getting.
Why would anyone pay MSRP for a 4Runner? That is crazy...

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around my parts, if you can get $500 off MSRP on a Pro, you would be in elite company. Toyota dealers won't budge as a general rule.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, what part do you disagree with specifically? The rust is purely cosmetic. If you're mad about it for vanity's sake, then fine, but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with surface rust on cast iron.
I agree with your statement, what I do not agree with is a brand new truck still on the lot should not look like it's been sitting in a junk yard for years, underneath, when it hasn't even left the lot. I think what the guy in the video says is true, they're being cheap or skipping steps in however they're coating, etc, the exposed drive line, etc.

Let me put it this way, do you think Ford, would take a Bronco, the most anticipated release in decades, if it looked like that underneath, to an unveiling for the big reveal? "and here's the new Bronco, don't look at the bottom, it's just been sitting for a few months and you should expect it to look like this."
No.
We're not expecting it or accepting it looking like that after a few months of no crazy extremes, IF that turns out to be the case. HOPEFULLY they've caught wind of this with the new trucks and are addressing it.

I say this because, my guess is 9 out of 10 Bronco purchases will be street queens, and will never see harsh off road treatment, meaning, it should be PRISTINE underneath. Can you imagine, coming out for the first time to give your truck a nice involved detail after a few months, go look underneath and it looks like a brown rust turd? That's not going to fly with "I need my tires wet and shiny every day" Street Queeners.

Sponsored

Dannyboy71

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan pro4x
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO, the Toyota interior is very shall I say cozy. To much so for me. I drove my son in laws for a couple weeks and although I did genuinely like it, it seemed underpowered and small inside. The quality is there but the electronics are not up to times, again just my opinion. Yes majority of car dealers suck, but once you take delivery hopefully you would not have to deal with them much. I love Broncos and drive a 71 daily. So for me it’s not even close🙂

mikeheel

Wildtrak
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lovelikehateblog.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Azure Gray Wildtrak, BWM K1600B, Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Enjoy the 4Runner! I loved mine. But my whole reason for the Bronco is to have a "convertible" SUV adventure vehicle for fun. If I were to buy another 4Runner now, it'd be to replace my wife's Subaru Ascent. But the Ascent is much better for her use than the 4Runner would be.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I missed it. You chose the 4 runner?! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored
OP
OP
revans1009

revans1009

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, 2012 Caravan
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I missed it. You chose the 4 runner?! 🤷🏻‍♂️
I did. It made more sense for me at this time. I can always switch it up down the road and am honestly using this purchase to evaluate in 2 yrs if I want to then want to keep my 4runner, replace it with a bronco, or move to the new 4runner (assuming 2023 model is when it changes).

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did. It made more sense for me at this time. I can always switch it up down the road and am honestly using this purchase to evaluate in 2 yrs if I want to then want to keep my 4runner, replace it with a bronco, or move to the new 4runner (assuming 2023 model is when it changes).
Sounds good! I honestly love the 4 runner look and think they’re a fantastic looking ride. My parents had one my entire childhood and I swear it went 1,678,456,789 miles. I’ve heard people say the inside is dated, can’t speak to that but looks alone, they’re awesome.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Around my parts, if you can get $500 off MSRP on a Pro, you would be in elite company. Toyota dealers won't budge as a general rule.
Ditto. Around here, a 4Runner will sell at MSRP (or more) all day long and the dealers can't keep them in stock.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You guys need to try some Detroit area dealers. I almost bought a TRD Pro last year in Feb. got them down almost $3200 off MSRP, but decided to walk away. If it's not a car or crossover, Toyota's just don't sell well around here. The down side is they don't order many either, so you kind of get what you get.

Nvalli1980

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why would anyone pay MSRP for a 4Runner? That is crazy...
It’s not just a 4Runner, it’s the Lunar Rock TRD Pro, and they are so limited that you have no choice but to pay MSRP, or you can not get one at all.
Sponsored