Sponsored

Tonneau cover MPG increase?

lxs123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' TRD Offroad
Has anyone done an MPG comparison with and without tonneau cover?
Sponsored

Goriders

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Sport Plus
pretty sure just from lack of tailgate drag that your MPG would go up and not down.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
Not a tacoma but TFL did a test

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I didn't do as scientific as them but on previous Tacomas I logged about 1 mpg better with cover.

OP
OP

lxs123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' TRD Offroad
Thanks for the answers guys, and yes i was looking for improvement in the MPG and not decrease.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
[QUOTE="lxs123, post: 59146, member: 3412"]
[/QUOTE]
In 2004 I had an F150 and I worked the job 40 minutes away from my house that was all highway driving 1 way except for 2 miles. With the tailgate up, I consistently got four days of driving both ways. With the tailgate down, I consistently got five days of driving both ways. I've had covers on all my trucks since then.
I drove this Tacoma 70 miles with the tailgate up and I got about 14 miles to the gallon. Coming back I got 17 miles to the gallon with the tailgate down. Wind was not a factor. And definitely can feel the acceleration difference with the wind drag. I keep checking every day for either a TruXedo Lo-Pro Roll-Up cover or a BAKFlip MX4.

theyotagarage.com showed an April 7 shipping date for the Truxedo and April 30 for the Bakflip. I called around April 9, and they said the Truxedo was delayed a bit, but didn't know how long and the MX4 was supposed to be still on schedule.
I think the guy I talked to was a fruitcake from Colorado where they're located and don't think I really want to deal with them.
If anybody has any experience dealing with the Yoda Garage, let me know. Please.

Drakka01

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Solar Octane Tacoma TRD Off-Road
[QUOTE="lxs123, post: 59146, member: 3412"]
In 2004 I had an F150 and I worked the job 40 minutes away from my house that was all highway driving 1 way except for 2 miles. With the tailgate up, I consistently got four days of driving both ways. With the tailgate down, I consistently got five days of driving both ways. I've had covers on all my trucks since then.
I drove this Tacoma 70 miles with the tailgate up and I got about 14 miles to the gallon. Coming back I got 17 miles to the gallon with the tailgate down. Wind was not a factor. And definitely can feel the acceleration difference with the wind drag. I keep checking every day for either a TruXedo Lo-Pro Roll-Up cover or a BAKFlip MX4.

theyotagarage.com showed an April 7 shipping date for the Truxedo and April 30 for the Bakflip. I called around April 9, and they said the Truxedo was delayed a bit, but didn't know how long and the MX4 was supposed to be still on schedule.
I think the guy I talked to was a fruitcake from Colorado where they're located and don't think I really want to deal with them.
If anybody has any experience dealing with the Yoda Garage, let me know. Please.

[/QUOTE]

Skip Yotagarage and go directly to the source. Realtruck.com makes both and they will have them before Yota. In fact, when I saw Truxedo stuff show up originally on Yota, I contacted Realtruck and they said there was no way Yota could be offering any kind of ship date since they, the manufacturer, didn't have one yet. I've since received my Truxedo Sentry CT directly from Realtruck.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Off-Road

Skip Yotagarage and go directly to the source. Realtruck.com makes both and they will have them before Yota. In fact, when I saw Truxedo stuff show up originally on Yota, I contacted Realtruck and they said there was no way Yota could be offering any kind of ship date since they, the manufacturer, didn't have one yet. I've since received my Truxedo Sentry CT directly from Realtruck.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks so much for that! That's exactly what I was thinking. I didn't think to call Realtruck. I've been checking their website daily. I've bought all my past covers from Realtruck.
Sponsored