jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Clubs

yeah, the entire launch was Broncos, options, and accessories that don’t exist 🤬
For the life of me I don't understand this launch/marketing/communications strategy. I understand generating hype and getting people excited, but over-promise, under-deliver is the feeling I'm getting because of all the inconsistencies and surprises with B&P. There will be case studies on this when it's over - I guarantee it. I have never owned a Ford, I want to own a Ford Bronce like the ones I am seeing at all these events, but goodness, you're killing me Smalls!

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Problem is people say they won't drench the inside, but at some point they will, because they can.
I'm currently driving my first Jeep—a soft top JLU.

Number of times I wanted to drench the interior on purpose: 0
Number of times I drenched the interior anyway: at least 5

My 13 year old daughter & I got caught, doors off, in a torrential Florida rain a few weeks ago on the way home & had to pull the 2 available drain plugs while we were driving to let the water out. Took days to get the skunky smell out of the carpet.

Pretty sure that unless you NEVER pull the doors or drop the top, the unbearable sweetness of having a vehicle that allows you to do that will creep in. And that's exactly when it pours buckets, lol.

Last edited:

Catmandu

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Clubs

Number of times I drenched the interior anyway (by accident): at least 5

My 13 year old daughter & I got caught, doors off, in a torrential Florida rain a few weeks ago on the way home & had to pull the 2 available drain plugs while we were driving to let the water out. Took days to get the skunky smell out of the carpet.

Pretty sure that unless you NEVER pull the doors or drop the top, the unbearable sweetness of having a vehicle that allows you to do that will creep in. And that's exactly when it pours buckets, lol.
LOL, had this happen a ton of times....pro tip: Shove empty water bottles under the carpet to help air it out.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro

Number of times I drenched the interior anyway (by accident): at least 5

Former owner of several Wranglers. Check into getting the floors rhino lined. Makes life so much easier.

damarble

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Sport Trac, 13 Edge, 09 Focus, 07 Explorer
Clubs

elmystico

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser 4WD, 1990 Toyota pickup
Clubs

LOL, had this happen a ton of times....pro tip: Shove empty water bottles under the carpet to help air it out.
I have read dozens of examples of this kind of Damp Disaster From Above posted by Floridians here (and I can confirm being caught out in a few frog-chokers myself while visiting my parents in Lee County).

At this point, I think Ford just needs to call the MGV interior/washout floors and drains/no power seats the Sunshine State Option.

Lowcountry Bronco

Badlands
First Name
William
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger and 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Define lower trim. Will the Black Diamond and Badlands have LED taillights?
Guess it's tied into the signature tail lights even though all Bronco's have LED front lights whether they're signature or not. So that would mean:

Base, BB, and BD all have the non signature tail lights and are non-LED
OBX, BL, WT, and FE have signature tail lights and are LED

LED:
LED Signature Rear Light.JPG

Non-LED
Standard Non-LED Rear Light.JPG

Per the BN Instagram posts, BB will have LED rear lights but it's not in B&P or in the specs on the Ford site, however the front signature lights are listed as optional so hopefully the rears are included but just don't show in the changed image or it's one of the options to be added later. How this fares for Base and BD, don't know.

Advertisement

Advertisement