Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or Ford could waterproof the electricals for the power seats. It's not very hard, and it is not a new concept. You can easily enclose and waterproof the controls (Probably cost double what the standard controls cost Ford, but that's probably $5), use water proof cables (Again a 2 to 3x cost but we're talking going from $2 in cables to $6), and use brushless motors that are preferably encased in a waterproof housing (The most expensive upgrade of this but still nothing out of the ordinary). Charge an extra $499 for the water resistant powered seats, print more money for themselves, call it a day.

Fair enough, but then the outcry would be, “WTF Ford!! $500 just for power seats !!” So instead I guess Ford just decided to create a bunch of options for people instead.

Who knew you couldn’t make everyone happy.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't get it - for all the uproar about power seats, they can be ordered on a 4 door. Just not in MGV with rubber floors. Make a choice.
Not entirely true. Some models offer leather, (Outer Banks) offers 2 choices both $2195. Only 1 of them is powered.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
there are 2 bundles of wires connected to the over head Auxiliary switches. One bundle is in the engine bay and the other should be passenger foot well.

The bundle in the passenger foot well is where I would tap into

Thats kind of my point. They put this rail up there and say hey look you can put your cb up here isn’t that great? Oh by the way we won’t give you a way to power it though.

THEMANatwar

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 F150 Flareside, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all want some combination of something we can’t have.
But if we make ourselves known that we want it then maybe we can change it? It doesn't hurt anyone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Scohin any updates? it would be awesome if you could get us these questions
Overall the BN folks there were pretty in the dark or said things that we already knew so unfortunately take these with a grain of salt. Below are what I did ask and the answers (as few of them as there are)
Questions for Bronco 6G:

Will the black diamond have a front locker option without going sas?
No

Where are the missing accessories (picattiny rail, pull out tray, and tailgate table etc)
Won't say/didn't know

How much of a delay is the late availability Black Modular Top?
Unknown TBD

can buy a non-samsquach Big Bend and still be able to add the advanced transfer case. Currently this isn't supported in B&P.
No

What color are the Wildtrak accents for the interior, (fender flares)
Gloss black fender flares, grabber blue

would love confirmation of the offset on the stock Sasquatch and fifteen52 wheels on the A51 overlander. Also, will the MIC 2 door to have the Bronchole/ round gunners hatch?

Unknown

Yes signature tail lights are with Big Bend according to BN

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair enough, but then the outcry would be, “WTF Ford!! $500 just for power seats !!” So instead I guess Ford just decided to create a bunch of options for people instead.

Who knew you couldn’t make everyone happy.
You can never make everyone happy for sure. And people would complain about the price for sure but it would be available if you want it.

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not plugged in. Probably a GVWR restriction.

Maybe it's a prop. Like those cardboard TVs in furniture stores.
Exactly. Look how cool we are and don’t ask any questions just give us your money.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

there are 2 bundles of wires connected to the over head Auxiliary switches. One bundle is in the engine bay and the other should be passenger foot well.

The bundle in the passenger foot well is where I would tap into
Look I’ve done more than my share of vehicle wiring and I expect to have to run an antenna cable from the dash but is it asking too much to have a 12v plug up there. It seems like it would be a base model feature and the usb would be the higher option. Now I have to tap into the 12v port lower in the dash and drill a hole in the upper part of the dash to put a plug. Engineering could have solved this problem for everyone in 5 minutes for $5.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Look I’ve done more than my share of vehicle wiring and I expect to have to run an antenna cable from the dash but is it asking too much to have a 12v plug up there. It seems like it would be a base model feature and the usb would be the higher option. Now I have to tap into the 12v port lower in the dash and drill a hole in the upper part of the dash to put a plug. Engineering could have solved this problem for everyone in 5 minutes for $5.
There is a 12V in the console. You could find a way to bring the cable down behind the dash. You'll need the antenna cable back there as well, so you'll need to figure out something.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a 12V in the console. You could find a way to bring the cable down behind the dash. You'll need the antenna cable back there as well, so you'll need to figure out something.
Exactl, it’s on me and everyone else to “FIGURE“ something out. They have 2 rigs on display right now with cbs on the dash. Are they really so dumb they don’t know how they get powered up.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At that point you might as well run it through the firewall right to the battery.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactl, it’s on me and everyone else to “FIGURE“ something out. They have 2 rigs on display right now with cbs on the dash. Are they really so dumb they don’t know how they get powered up.
Ford must think that C B radios went out with Claude Aikens and B J and the bear.
Sponsored