Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your opinion/feelings do not change the meaning of the word 'Stock'. It is a noun.

In your world, it is like adding drag slicks to a Raptor and claiming it is the fastest 'Stock' Raptor on the quarter mile drag strip.

Rationalization does not make something true.
All this time I’ve been thinking my grand Cherokee is stock, but not only have I replaced the tires, my wife put a small sticker on the back window. We’ve even installed a device on the dash that holds a cell phone. I guess it’s totally custom now. GMAFB
Sponsored

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! That looked fun!
the 3rd Gen 4Runner on the trail In front of you looks awesome too!
Made me miss my 3rd gen. Had one for 24 years. Just sold it to make room for the bronco!

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Chase- when it was filmed? Looks that you took a break 😉.
Do you have a build date for your's Bronco?

BTW: love your trips with OBX!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Correct, but Not exactly, the KO2 in 255/70R18 is 1.1 in wider tread (7.3 vs 8.4) than stock, and .1" shorter in diameter. It weighs 14 pounds more (37/51). Those of us with stock 255/70R18 Bridgestones have studied this carefully, looking for an 18" tire that wont require a lift, won't give a harsh E-load ride, but still be an improvement. Knowing that the KO2 is a slightly larger tire in the same size, and more capable according to the video, is a great help.

E tires won't give a harsh ride when the correct PSI is used, but that's another thread...

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

E tires won't give a harsh ride when the correct PSI is used, but that's another thread...
Most of the advice I've been given by experts is that the ride on a light vehicle gets harsher as the load rating goes up. But As you say, that can be mitigated with tire pressure. My issue is this is mostly a road car, with occasional beach trips. I may just buy an off road set of wheels&tires, but otherwise i have to pick my poison either ride or off road. Also, its a matter of personal tolerance. Whats uncomfortable to me may feel fine to you, etc. The 17" wheels have more C & D rated tires, but the OBX is 18" wheels.

What experience do you have with E rated tires? On a daily driver?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Most of the advice I've been given by experts is that the ride on a light vehicle gets harsher as the load rating goes up. But As you say, that can be mitigated with tire pressure. My issue is this is mostly a road car, with occasional beach trips. I may just buy an off road set of wheels&tires, but otherwise i have to pick my poison either ride or off road. Also, its a matter of personal tolerance. Whats uncomfortable to me may feel fine to you, etc. The 17" wheels have more C & D rated tires, but the OBX is 18" wheels.

What experience do you have with E rated tires? On a daily driver?

I've been running E rated tires on every 4WD I have for 30+ years. Proper PSI and they ride fine. If you don't have them on a 1 ton dually, don't run them at high PSIs. It really doesn't matter to me what tires you want as you need to make yourself happy, but most complaints about E tires are based on overly high PSI for the application. Just because they can be run at 80PSI doesn't mean they should.

I'm also kinda rough around the edges and expect a truck to be a truck and an off road vehicle to be an off road vehicle, so maybe my butts become a bit numb over the years.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been running E rated tires on every 4WD I have for 30+ years. Proper PSI and they ride fine. If you don't have them on a 1 ton dually, don't run them at high PSIs. It really doesn't matter to me what tires you want as you need to make yourself happy, but most complaints about E tires are based on overly high PSI for the application. Just because they can be run at 80PSI doesn't mean they should.

I'm also kinda rough around the edges and expect a truck to be a truck and an off road vehicle to be an off road vehicle, so maybe my butts become a bit numb over the years.
My 2000 E350 Chateau van and 2003 Diesel Excursion were both daily drivers with E tires, but they were both heavy vehicles used for towing and the ride was expected. But my 2 successive full sized Broncos and successive Scouts all had P rated tires, a bit wider than normal for airing down on the beaches, which I've been doing since I was a child in the 1950's on Cape Cod. So I'll settle on the best Sand/street tire eventually. For 30 years in the North, I always had a full set of winter tires.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Chase- when it was filmed? Looks that you took a break 😉.
Do you have a build date for your's Bronco?

BTW: love your trips with OBX!
Yea I filmed this a few months back end of the year I was home catching up on the home front. Get ready I’m about to take that same OBX to Johnson Valley for king of the hammers

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure if anyone keys on this are not already, Hells revenge is pretty damn easy if you cut out hells gate, tip challenge, and the escalator. Them 3 obstacles make it a 6-8 the rest is 4-5 in my opinion. Everyone talks about Hell's gate, don't get me wrong its technical but I personally think the escalator is more sketchy just my opinion. Run it last yr in a stock Tacoma off-road O not stock KM3;s :ROFLMAO: :LOL::p ps no I didn't run Gate, Tip or Escalator
Sponsored