Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up a rental car and the wife and a buddy of mine along with myself took a road trip from Wentzville to Granger IA.

About the trip to IA.
Booked a rental car from St. Louis airport to Des Moines airport (fyi, airport rentals generally are unlimited miles). Picked up the rental Friday around 4:30pm and arrived at Des Moines airport around 12noon. Left our house around 6:45am and google maps took us on some goofy by ways but not the slowest route just an odd route.

At the Airport in Des Moines.
Hunter called to work out picking us up and noted there was someone arriving a little ahead of us and we might have to wait for him to turn and burn back to pick us up. We decided to get an Uber or cab and called Hunter back to say dont worry about it.

One thing to note about the Des Moines airport is that apparently Uber and Lyft are not super pickup places. The Ubers were like 45min out from arrival and Lyft was about the same so those traveling to Des Moines start looking for your Uber or Lyft a good bit before arrival. Even getting a cab took 20min. We ended up taking a cab as it was going to be a lot sooner than waiting for an Uber or Lyft and the cost to Granger was ~90$ with tip. Just a FYI for those flying in or driving to the airport.

Arrival at Granger.
We saw the line of double parked Bronco's lined up and tried to see if mine was there. Mine was not in the front row so we walked into the showroom after my buddy took some picks (his sons girl friends dad has a 2 door on order with a local dealer) and sent them to his son. We get into the showroom and I see a A51 in there. I look at it...and the lightbulb went off...hey is this mine? I went to the window sticker and sure as shit it was mine based on the vin. So cool to see your new Bronco staged in the Bronco Show room. Cool and thanks for that Granger.

Hunter introduced himself and we went over the Bronco and he made sure to sync my phone along with asking if I had any questions. He drove the Bronco out of the showroom and took a pic of the wife and I (see below). He then had me drive it up to the Ford Dealership building and we chatted a few min while we waited for the finance guy to take us and sign the paperwork. Super easy experience as an out of town buyer...or buyer in general.

Trip home.
Started on our 300+ mile drive home. Below are my impressions.

Thankfully there was no rattle in the roof.

Wind noise can be heard but it was a windy day and nothing beyond wind noise heard in my 94 Mustang GT that has frameless windows as well. Our 17 escape has these stupid plastic panels that rattle with a cross wind and it is FAR louder than the Bronco.

Still adjusting seats and what not, after being in a rental Malibu for 5hrs the wife fell asleep easily in the backseat of the Bronco.

The drive was a lot better than I was expecting. I would put it in line with an expedition but not as long obviously. Just well planted and mannered on the road.

The basic radio is...ok...alright below 10 but falls apart fast at anything over 10. By ok I mean if you adjusted the settings you could hear things kind of clearly with little or no base and a touch of mid range. At 11 it was breaking up and getting muddy fast.

Ford Bronco Took delivery...worth the wait. picku

We picked up our 8yr old daughter from the in-laws around 8-8:30pm Saturday. She was smiling the whole way home talking about all the things she was noticing. She demanded we send her pictures when we picked it up as she was looking forward to it as well.

Thanks to all @Zach@Granger and @Granger Ford
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great looking rig!! Had similar experience with rideshare services there. Have fun and enjoy it!

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the great write-up and good information. Handsome Bronco -- congratulations! Looking forward to my Granger Bronco!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Picked up a rental car and the wife and a buddy of mine along with myself took a road trip from Wentzville to Granger IA.

About the trip to IA.
Booked a rental car from St. Louis airport to Des Moines airport (fyi, airport rentals generally are unlimited miles). Picked up the rental Friday around 4:30pm and arrived at Des Moines airport around 12noon. Left our house around 6:45am and google maps took us on some goofy by ways but not the slowest route just an odd route.

At the Airport in Des Moines.
Hunter called to work out picking us up and noted there was someone arriving a little ahead of us and we might have to wait for him to turn and burn back to pick us up. We decided to get an Uber or cab and called Hunter back to say dont worry about it.

One thing to note about the Des Moines airport is that apparently Uber and Lyft are not super pickup places. The Ubers were like 45min out from arrival and Lyft was about the same so those traveling to Des Moines start looking for your Uber or Lyft a good bit before arrival. Even getting a cab took 20min. We ended up taking a cab as it was going to be a lot sooner than waiting for an Uber or Lyft and the cost to Granger was ~90$ with tip. Just a FYI for those flying in or driving to the airport.

Arrival at Granger.
We saw the line of double parked Bronco's lined up and tried to see if mine was there. Mine was not in the front row so we walked into the showroom after my buddy took some picks (his sons girl friends dad has a 2 door on order with a local dealer) and sent them to his son. We get into the showroom and I see a A51 in there. I look at it...and the lightbulb went off...hey is this mine? I went to the window sticker and sure as shit it was mine based on the vin. So cool to see your new Bronco staged in the Bronco Show room. Cool and thanks for that Granger.

Hunter introduced himself and we went over the Bronco and he made sure to sync my phone along with asking if I had any questions. He drove the Bronco out of the showroom and took a pic of the wife and I (see below). He then had me drive it up to the Ford Dealership building and we chatted a few min while we waited for the finance guy to take us and sign the paperwork. Super easy experience as an out of town buyer...or buyer in general.

Trip home.
Started on our 300+ mile drive home. Below are my impressions.

Thankfully there was no rattle in the roof.

Wind noise can be heard but it was a windy day and nothing beyond wind noise heard in my 94 Mustang GT that has frameless windows as well. Our 17 escape has these stupid plastic panels that rattle with a cross wind and it is FAR louder than the Bronco.

Still adjusting seats and what not, after being in a rental Malibu for 5hrs the wife fell asleep easily in the backseat of the Bronco.

The drive was a lot better than I was expecting. I would put it in line with an expedition but not as long obviously. Just well planted and mannered on the road.

The basic radio is...ok...alright below 10 but falls apart fast at anything over 10. By ok I mean if you adjusted the settings you could hear things kind of clearly with little or no base and a touch of mid range. At 11 it was breaking up and getting muddy fast.

Ford Bronco Took delivery...worth the wait. picku

We picked up our 8yr old daughter from the in-laws around 8-8:30pm Saturday. She was smiling the whole way home talking about all the things she was noticing. She demanded we send her pictures when we picked it up as she was looking forward to it as well.

Thanks to all @Zach@Granger and @Granger Ford
Congrats Greg! So glad you and your family are happy with your new Bronco. Enjoy!

Sponsored

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Jealous, but can't wait for my Granger day........:)

Blaine23

Big Bend
First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congrats! Great looking ride. I've spotted a few Broncos here around St. Louis, I'll keep an eye for you on the road. And I'm looking forward to flying to get mine from Texas and taking that first road trip home with it in a few weeks.
Sponsored