MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am 61 years old, and I agree with you sir. The high tech stuff is overwhelming. I own a 2011 F-150, that is in no way as high tech as todays vehicles, and I still don’t know what every button in the truck does. Lol. Maybe it is a combination of our ages and our classic rides. I own a 1970 Mach 1. Had it since I was 18. Nice Bronco. Enjoy the ride.

Triathlonfun

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats! I think you’re supposed to have sound deadening material on the whole inside of the MIC top including the cargo area.,

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It sounds like the OP has not purchased a new car in a few years. Once he gets use the modern day tech, he will never go back. You don’t know what you don’t know and when you do, you can’t believe you went this long without that knowledge.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keyless entry is awesome, why is that weird? Also the windows go down and then seal up when you close the door. I think this is the new way manufacturers do things, possibly for noise.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice write up, good points.
Congrats on your delivery, and looks great in Race Red.
Also kind of jealous about the '69. It is my favorite year 'Stang and easily identifiable as a '69 just due to a lot of those 1-year only design cues. Granted, I would not turn down a nice '68 FB...but the '69 always just had this mean stance and look to it.

Don't tell the GM folks but I honestly like them by a considerable amount over the rival (69 RS/SS), and that's hard because those cars are a beauty as well, especially with the hideaway light models (RS).

Definitely one of my "dream cars", and it wouldn't even have to be a SCJ (probably the ultimate wish list 'Stang ever created).

But I digress. I could talk muscle cars and old vehicles all day, every day.

Congrats again, good luck with the tech (I also struggle with some of this), and keep us posted.
I enjoyed reading your excerpt there.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
bmw has been doing the window thing since the mid 80s

Keyless entry is awesome, why is that weird? Also the windows go down and then seal up when you close the door. I think this is the new way manufacturers do things, possibly for noise.

_finack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lincoln MKZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Pushing 50" lol. That makes you a few years older than me at most. The tech intimidates you while I work in cyber security.

It's interesting how people's different life paths can have such completely different results.

I went from a base model 2010 Fusion S (no Bluetooth, no SYNC, pretty old school) to a 2015 MKZ. I used to drive trucks way back and was proud of my back up skills with mirrors. I remember thinking I wouldnt use the backup camera in the MKZ. Wow I was wrong. Now I get in my wife's older Lexus and I frequently just stare at the dash after putting it in reverse and it takes me a second for me to realize what I'm doing and use the mirrors. And I'm annoyed every single time.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The windows raise and lower because the door is frameless so if it didn’t the window would break possibly every time you opened or closed the door since the top seal is the hardtop and not the top of the door like most vehicles. Mustangs and corvettes have this design too.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So in the interest of giving back to this Forum, since it has given me so much information (and laughs) over the past few months, I am going to post my purchase experience and my first 100 miles impressions with my new Bronco. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them.

Timeline:
I had a late 7/13 reservation date, ordered on 1/29, had an initial production date of 7/14, Ford changed production date to 7/28, blend date of 7/28, built date of 7/29, initial deliver date of 7/17, and changed delivery date to 7/20. The Bronco was actually delivered on 7/19 and I took ownership on 7/20.

Specs:
I ordered a Race Red, 4 door, Big Bend with a MIC top, 2.7 engine, Mid package, tube steps, sig lighting, and floor liners. I would have loved to have ordered the SAS option, but in the interest of keeping my Bronco within a price range I was comfortable with, I elected to go with the bigger engine vs. the bigger tires and suspension. My thought is down the road I can always add a lift, different wheels, shocks, and bigger tires. Much easier/cheaper than swapping out the engine!

The town I live in has only two Ford dealerships. The one I chose was picked due to convenience. They are only a couple of blocks from where I work, which will make it handy when, inevitably, I have to take it back for warranty work, recalls, and service. This dealership was opened in 1938 and has a decent reputation.....although I have never purchased a vehicle from them in the past.

MIC Top Inspection:
Prior to signing the paperwork, I carefully inspected the Bronco......particularly the MIC top. I didn't see any alarming issues with the outside of the top, just one or two small scuffs (not scratches). I looked the best I could for delamination, as shown in previous threads on here, but wasn't exactly sure where to look for this. I'm guessing you would have to pretty much take the roof off to see the laminated edges. It definitely has the honey comb look on the inside of the roof. While most of the inside is covered in the sound deadening material, the cargo area is not (which I think is kind of odd). This is where the honey comb is most evident, but I'm okay with that. I also did a quick test drive of the Bronco just to make sure it didn't have any evident rattles, shimmies, or shakes.

Purchase Experience:
The purchase experience went very well. The dealership and salesperson were very accommodating. My Bronco, along with a similarly equipped Cactus Gray Bronco, were the first two Broncos this dealership has received! The person that ordered the CG one wasn't going to be able to take delivery until this Saturday, so mine is actually the very first one they sold. While at the dealership, I had probably six employees shake my hand and congratulate me on my purchase (closest I'll ever be to feeling like a Rock Star) Two of them, the Sales Manager and the Finance person, had Broncos of their own ordered that they have not yet received and aren't sure when they are getting them (sound familiar?) While at the dealership taking care of the paperwork, there were constantly people walking up to the Bronco looking at it, taking pictures, and coming inside to ask if it was for sale. I jokingly told the Finance person that I had a FOR SALE sign with me and was gonna slap it on the Bronco and make $20k before it got off the lot!

IMPRESSIONS:
So my impressions of the new Bronco so far? The Good: This thing draws a lot of attention......I even had someone in a Jeep give me the "wave" on the way home from the dealership! The size of this vehicle feels perfect for me. It's not too big and not too small. I am pleasantly surprised that this vehicle rides as well, if not better, than my 2015 F150 crew cab. It handles extremely well for a truck based vehicle. While I haven't gotten heavy into the throttle, it seems to have ample power. I am happy with the overall fit and finish of the Bronco. The body lines and styling are really unlike anything else out there. The MIC top seems to be really tight and snug. I did remove the front row panels, and they are extremely easy to remove, lift and carry, and reinstall. I like the finish of the interior and the positioning of the dash. I think its really cool how Ford placed little nuances to the Bronco heritage all over the vehicle. I really like when looking out the windshield how the entire hood sticks out in front of you. It's not like most vehicles where you can't even see the hood or you just see a little bit of the center of the hood. It actually reminds me a lot of the big hood sticking out in front my 69 Mustang. This thing has a huge cargo area....especially if you fold down the back seats. I am happy with the way the 32" tires look. To me, they don't look too small. Bigger tires with definitely give it more attitude and manliness......and of course be better for off-roading, if that's your intent. I looked closely at the door hinges and behind them, and could not find any missing paint or primer, as some have posted in previous threads.

The not so good: As I mention these points, keep in mind I'm pushing 50 years old and do things the "old school" way. So far I have NOT gotten use to all the darn electronics in this thing. At this point, it's pretty overwhelming and I'm hoping it gets better. The radio, or infotainment center as they call it, is way more complicated than what I'm used to.....still trying to figure out how to just switch radio stations! I thinks it's weird that the windows go down 1/2" when you open the door then go up when you close the doors. I think it's strange there isn't an ignition switch or a key to put in the ignition (push button start). It's also very weird that you don't have to use the key fob to unlock the doors......you just put your hand on the door handle and it unlocks! As mentioned in previous threads, the tailgate is very awkward when opening. I'm hoping this gets better as the strut wears in. The tube steps actually seems to make it more difficult to get in and out of the vehicle. Based on my ride height and length of my legs, I think it may be easier to just step directly into the vehicle instead of on the step. Some of this could be that the grab handle is mounted low on the dash instead of high on the A pillar. As mentioned in previous threads, so far the transmission seems to shift rather harshly when accelerating fairly hard from a stop. I believe someone stated that the transmission has to "learn" your driving habits....to me that is some Voodoo stuff! It put quite a scare into me when I opened the hood. I told someone all I needed was piece of garlic bread to go with the plate of spaghetti under the hood.. There are so many wires, computers, sensors, and lines going all over the place it's crazy! It really doesn't appear that Ford engineers gave a lot of thought to the aesthetics under the hood. I really wished they would've tucked a lot of that stuff underneath or loomed it together to give it a cleaner look......but again, I'm old school.

Overall, I really like the Bronco. In my mind, there really isn't anything else like it available. So many of SUV's out there look so much alike that I can't tell one manufacturer from another. With the big BRONCO across the grill, the nods to the past, and the perfect size of this thing......it's just something different than everything else. I know the past year has been stressful waiting on these things.....Hell, I've been waiting since prototype renderings were released 5 or 6 years ago. But if you're still waiting......keep waiting......it will be worth it! I don't think you'll regret it....IMO.

bronco on truck.jpg
passenger side.JPG
left quarter.JPG
front.JPG
Very nice write up, thank you! Your dates read like mine, bouncing all over the place. Regarding the "tube" step, I don't use the step in my 4x4 F150, I just step up into the vehicle. I'm tall and using the step hurts my knees. However, shorter passengers love the step and use it. I dont like the FOB key either, I like locking my key in the car and using the key pad for access. But, the future is here!

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great review. I’m similar age and I will also have to learn all this new stuff although rental cars while out of town have prepped me a bit for it. (Me and my daughter’s favorite feature while in a rental car is sneaking the heated seat button on the other while it’s a hundred and ten in Texas.)

The red is awesome. I bet you stop traffic when you drive by.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
bmw has been doing the window thing since the mid 80s
Well, BMW doesn’t count lol. Everything they come up with becomes standard 20 years later.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The windows raise and lower because the door is frameless so if it didn’t the window would break possibly every time you opened or closed the door since the top seal is the hardtop and not the top of the door like most vehicles. Mustangs and corvettes have this design too.
Lots of vehicles have this design. My last 2 cars have done this and neither had frameless doors.

Last edited:

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s so funny. I’m 70 and have a new Ford Ranger. I love all the new tech. Lane assist . per collision . Back collision warning and other tech
I'm in my 30s and hate all that stuff. If I'm lane splitting in my bronco and running people over, it's intentional and I don't want my car to stop me from doing it. The thing that bugs me the most is the auto start/stop, the gas savings isn't worth the aggravation to me.
Sponsored