First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice write up, good to see a Bronco in Virginia. I was going to say good to see a Bronco with VA plates, but that is definitely the first thing I address when I take delivery. There is no way I am leaving my front plate like it comes from the factory. Maybe by the time mine gets here, there will be a lower, offset option. Enjoy and see you on the roads/trails on day soon.
Thank you. Iā€™m sure before long weā€™ll see a lot more around the state. I hate having front tags. I have buddyā€™s with mustangs that just put front tags in glove box!
Personally, Iā€™m looking forward to a vehicle with keyless ignition. I just paid $700 for my 11 year old car to get a new cylinder barrel lock fitted to the machines key (only the dealership can do this) because my key wouldnā€™t turn in the ignition no matter how hard I turned the wheel after trying to clear the key hole with compressed gas and a squirt of wd-40. (I finally got it to turn over after an hour and a half of beating it, turning the wheel hard and adjusting the steering wheel position a few hundred times so at least I didnā€™t have to pay for a tow)

unfortunately I did have to pay $700 to keep my beater of a car moving till I get the Bronco probably sometime in q2 2022 (aug res w mic and squatch) as thatā€™s a lot cheaper than buying high and selling low in this crazy used car market.

TLDR: be thankful for the push button start.
oh man, thatā€™s terrible feeling. However $700 will just be a drop in the bucket compared to cost having a computer replaced or to have some of these electrical things repaired once the warranty expires!
Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is a great looking Bronco. The big bend grille is my favorite.
Post some interior photos.

Congratulations on the new bronco.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bought an Explorer a few years back as my gap vehicle. I was worried about keyless entry and start when I took delivery. I'm assuming your concerns about this are over. mine lasted until the second time I lifted the handle and started the vehicle. Can't help with radio angst.

How does it ride is the question I have. So many videos of sasquatch in the dirt. I wanna know how the standard suspension does.
The ride on asphalt is amazingā€¦.better than my 2015 crew cab f150. Havenā€™t had it in dirt yet!

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks or the "Stay the Course" pep talk for those of us still waiting. šŸ˜„

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keyless entry is awesome, why is that weird? Also the windows go down and then seal up when you close the door. I think this is the new way manufacturers do things, possibly for noise.
I think the windows go down until the door shuts because there is no frame around the window; otherwise, the window could break. The windows in my Mini Cooper are the same way, and it's a 2005.

Sponsored
OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats on your delivery and thanks for the detailed info. We have a SYNC 4 demo on our YouTube channel if you want any tips with that.
Thank you so much. Just watched your video...super informative. will definitely watch your other videos.

kkooch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So in the interest of giving back to this Forum, since it has given me so much information (and laughs) over the past few months, I am going to post my purchase experience and my first 100 miles impressions with my new Bronco. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them.

Timeline:
I had a late 7/13 reservation date, ordered on 1/29, had an initial production date of 6/14, Ford changed production date to 6/28, blend date of 6/28, built date of 6/29, initial deliver date of 7/17, and changed delivery date to 7/20. The Bronco was actually delivered on 7/19 and I took ownership on 7/20.

Specs:
I ordered a Race Red, 4 door, Big Bend with a MIC top, 2.7 engine, Mid package, tube steps, sig lighting, and floor liners. I would have loved to have ordered the SAS option, but in the interest of keeping my Bronco within a price range I was comfortable with, I elected to go with the bigger engine vs. the bigger tires and suspension. My thought is down the road I can always add a lift, different wheels, shocks, and bigger tires. Much easier/cheaper than swapping out the engine!

The town I live in has only two Ford dealerships. The one I chose was picked due to convenience. They are only a couple of blocks from where I work, which will make it handy when, inevitably, I have to take it back for warranty work, recalls, and service. This dealership was opened in 1938 and has a decent reputation.....although I have never purchased a vehicle from them in the past.

MIC Top Inspection:
Prior to signing the paperwork, I carefully inspected the Bronco......particularly the MIC top. I didn't see any alarming issues with the outside of the top, just one or two small scuffs (not scratches). I looked the best I could for delamination, as shown in previous threads on here, but wasn't exactly sure where to look for this. I'm guessing you would have to pretty much take the roof off to see the laminated edges. It definitely has the honey comb look on the inside of the roof. While most of the inside is covered in the sound deadening material, the cargo area is not (which I think is kind of odd). This is where the honey comb is most evident, but I'm okay with that. I also did a quick test drive of the Bronco just to make sure it didn't have any evident rattles, shimmies, or shakes.

Purchase Experience:
The purchase experience went very well. The dealership and salesperson were very accommodating. My Bronco, along with a similarly equipped Cactus Gray Bronco, were the first two Broncos this dealership has received! The person that ordered the CG one wasn't going to be able to take delivery until this Saturday, so mine is actually the very first one they sold. While at the dealership, I had probably six employees shake my hand and congratulate me on my purchase (closest I'll ever be to feeling like a Rock Star) Two of them, the Sales Manager and the Finance person, had Broncos of their own ordered that they have not yet received and aren't sure when they are getting them (sound familiar?) While at the dealership taking care of the paperwork, there were constantly people walking up to the Bronco looking at it, taking pictures, and coming inside to ask if it was for sale. I jokingly told the Finance person that I had a FOR SALE sign with me and was gonna slap it on the Bronco and make $20k before it got off the lot!

IMPRESSIONS:
So my impressions of the new Bronco so far? The Good: This thing draws a lot of attention......I even had someone in a Jeep give me the "wave" on the way home from the dealership! The size of this vehicle feels perfect for me. It's not too big and not too small. I am pleasantly surprised that this vehicle rides as well, if not better, than my 2015 F150 crew cab. It handles extremely well for a truck based vehicle. While I haven't gotten heavy into the throttle, it seems to have ample power. I am happy with the overall fit and finish of the Bronco. The body lines and styling are really unlike anything else out there. The MIC top seems to be really tight and snug. I did remove the front row panels, and they are extremely easy to remove, lift and carry, and reinstall. I like the finish of the interior and the positioning of the dash. I think its really cool how Ford placed little nuances to the Bronco heritage all over the vehicle. I really like when looking out the windshield how the entire hood sticks out in front of you. It's not like most vehicles where you can't even see the hood or you just see a little bit of the center of the hood. It actually reminds me a lot of the big hood sticking out in front my 69 Mustang. This thing has a huge cargo area....especially if you fold down the back seats. I am happy with the way the 32" tires look. To me, they don't look too small. Bigger tires with definitely give it more attitude and manliness......and of course be better for off-roading, if that's your intent. I looked closely at the door hinges and behind them, and could not find any missing paint or primer, as some have posted in previous threads.

The not so good: As I mention these points, keep in mind I'm pushing 50 years old and do things the "old school" way. So far I have NOT gotten use to all the darn electronics in this thing. At this point, it's pretty overwhelming and I'm hoping it gets better. The radio, or infotainment center as they call it, is way more complicated than what I'm used to.....still trying to figure out how to just switch radio stations! I thinks it's weird that the windows go down 1/2" when you open the door then go up when you close the doors. I think it's strange there isn't an ignition switch or a key to put in the ignition (push button start). It's also very weird that you don't have to use the key fob to unlock the doors......you just put your hand on the door handle and it unlocks! As mentioned in previous threads, the tailgate is very awkward when opening. I'm hoping this gets better as the strut wears in. The tube steps actually seems to make it more difficult to get in and out of the vehicle. Based on my ride height and length of my legs, I think it may be easier to just step directly into the vehicle instead of on the step. Some of this could be that the grab handle is mounted low on the dash instead of high on the A pillar. As mentioned in previous threads, so far the transmission seems to shift rather harshly when accelerating fairly hard from a stop. I believe someone stated that the transmission has to "learn" your driving habits....to me that is some Voodoo stuff! It put quite a scare into me when I opened the hood. I told someone all I needed was piece of garlic bread to go with the plate of spaghetti under the hood.. There are so many wires, computers, sensors, and lines going all over the place it's crazy! It really doesn't appear that Ford engineers gave a lot of thought to the aesthetics under the hood. I really wished they would've tucked a lot of that stuff underneath or loomed it together to give it a cleaner look......but again, I'm old school.

Overall, I really like the Bronco. In my mind, there really isn't anything else like it available. So many of SUV's out there look so much alike that I can't tell one manufacturer from another. With the big BRONCO across the grill, the nods to the past, and the perfect size of this thing......it's just something different than everything else. I know the past year has been stressful waiting on these things.....Hell, I've been waiting since prototype renderings were released 5 or 6 years ago. But if you're still waiting......keep waiting......it will be worth it! I don't think you'll regret it....IMO.

bronco on truck.jpg
passenger side.JPG
left quarter.JPG
front.JPG
So in the interest of giving back to this Forum, since it has given me so much information (and laughs) over the past few months, I am going to post my purchase experience and my first 100 miles impressions with my new Bronco. Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them.

Timeline:
I had a late 7/13 reservation date, ordered on 1/29, had an initial production date of 6/14, Ford changed production date to 6/28, blend date of 6/28, built date of 6/29, initial deliver date of 7/17, and changed delivery date to 7/20. The Bronco was actually delivered on 7/19 and I took ownership on 7/20.

Specs:
I ordered a Race Red, 4 door, Big Bend with a MIC top, 2.7 engine, Mid package, tube steps, sig lighting, and floor liners. I would have loved to have ordered the SAS option, but in the interest of keeping my Bronco within a price range I was comfortable with, I elected to go with the bigger engine vs. the bigger tires and suspension. My thought is down the road I can always add a lift, different wheels, shocks, and bigger tires. Much easier/cheaper than swapping out the engine!

The town I live in has only two Ford dealerships. The one I chose was picked due to convenience. They are only a couple of blocks from where I work, which will make it handy when, inevitably, I have to take it back for warranty work, recalls, and service. This dealership was opened in 1938 and has a decent reputation.....although I have never purchased a vehicle from them in the past.

MIC Top Inspection:
Prior to signing the paperwork, I carefully inspected the Bronco......particularly the MIC top. I didn't see any alarming issues with the outside of the top, just one or two small scuffs (not scratches). I looked the best I could for delamination, as shown in previous threads on here, but wasn't exactly sure where to look for this. I'm guessing you would have to pretty much take the roof off to see the laminated edges. It definitely has the honey comb look on the inside of the roof. While most of the inside is covered in the sound deadening material, the cargo area is not (which I think is kind of odd). This is where the honey comb is most evident, but I'm okay with that. I also did a quick test drive of the Bronco just to make sure it didn't have any evident rattles, shimmies, or shakes.

Purchase Experience:
The purchase experience went very well. The dealership and salesperson were very accommodating. My Bronco, along with a similarly equipped Cactus Gray Bronco, were the first two Broncos this dealership has received! The person that ordered the CG one wasn't going to be able to take delivery until this Saturday, so mine is actually the very first one they sold. While at the dealership, I had probably six employees shake my hand and congratulate me on my purchase (closest I'll ever be to feeling like a Rock Star) Two of them, the Sales Manager and the Finance person, had Broncos of their own ordered that they have not yet received and aren't sure when they are getting them (sound familiar?) While at the dealership taking care of the paperwork, there were constantly people walking up to the Bronco looking at it, taking pictures, and coming inside to ask if it was for sale. I jokingly told the Finance person that I had a FOR SALE sign with me and was gonna slap it on the Bronco and make $20k before it got off the lot!

IMPRESSIONS:
So my impressions of the new Bronco so far? The Good: This thing draws a lot of attention......I even had someone in a Jeep give me the "wave" on the way home from the dealership! The size of this vehicle feels perfect for me. It's not too big and not too small. I am pleasantly surprised that this vehicle rides as well, if not better, than my 2015 F150 crew cab. It handles extremely well for a truck based vehicle. While I haven't gotten heavy into the throttle, it seems to have ample power. I am happy with the overall fit and finish of the Bronco. The body lines and styling are really unlike anything else out there. The MIC top seems to be really tight and snug. I did remove the front row panels, and they are extremely easy to remove, lift and carry, and reinstall. I like the finish of the interior and the positioning of the dash. I think its really cool how Ford placed little nuances to the Bronco heritage all over the vehicle. I really like when looking out the windshield how the entire hood sticks out in front of you. It's not like most vehicles where you can't even see the hood or you just see a little bit of the center of the hood. It actually reminds me a lot of the big hood sticking out in front my 69 Mustang. This thing has a huge cargo area....especially if you fold down the back seats. I am happy with the way the 32" tires look. To me, they don't look too small. Bigger tires with definitely give it more attitude and manliness......and of course be better for off-roading, if that's your intent. I looked closely at the door hinges and behind them, and could not find any missing paint or primer, as some have posted in previous threads.

The not so good: As I mention these points, keep in mind I'm pushing 50 years old and do things the "old school" way. So far I have NOT gotten use to all the darn electronics in this thing. At this point, it's pretty overwhelming and I'm hoping it gets better. The radio, or infotainment center as they call it, is way more complicated than what I'm used to.....still trying to figure out how to just switch radio stations! I thinks it's weird that the windows go down 1/2" when you open the door then go up when you close the doors. I think it's strange there isn't an ignition switch or a key to put in the ignition (push button start). It's also very weird that you don't have to use the key fob to unlock the doors......you just put your hand on the door handle and it unlocks! As mentioned in previous threads, the tailgate is very awkward when opening. I'm hoping this gets better as the strut wears in. The tube steps actually seems to make it more difficult to get in and out of the vehicle. Based on my ride height and length of my legs, I think it may be easier to just step directly into the vehicle instead of on the step. Some of this could be that the grab handle is mounted low on the dash instead of high on the A pillar. As mentioned in previous threads, so far the transmission seems to shift rather harshly when accelerating fairly hard from a stop. I believe someone stated that the transmission has to "learn" your driving habits....to me that is some Voodoo stuff! It put quite a scare into me when I opened the hood. I told someone all I needed was piece of garlic bread to go with the plate of spaghetti under the hood.. There are so many wires, computers, sensors, and lines going all over the place it's crazy! It really doesn't appear that Ford engineers gave a lot of thought to the aesthetics under the hood. I really wished they would've tucked a lot of that stuff underneath or loomed it together to give it a cleaner look......but again, I'm old school.

Overall, I really like the Bronco. In my mind, there really isn't anything else like it available. So many of SUV's out there look so much alike that I can't tell one manufacturer from another. With the big BRONCO across the grill, the nods to the past, and the perfect size of this thing......it's just something different than everything else. I know the past year has been stressful waiting on these things.....Hell, I've been waiting since prototype renderings were released 5 or 6 years ago. But if you're still waiting......keep waiting......it will be worth it! I don't think you'll regret it....IMO.

bronco on truck.jpg
passenger side.JPG
left quarter.JPG
front.JPG
Well, not the first, but this looks like a Turkey with hummingbird feet. Gotta do the Sas with a 4-door. Unless you are just driving to the grocery store or mall.

First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Timeline:

Specs:

MIC Top Inspection:

Purchase Experience:

IMPRESSIONS:

bronco on truck.jpg
passenger side.JPG
left quarter.JPG
front.JPG

Sponsored
First Name
Traci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 2010 Chevrolet Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Timeline:

Specs:

MIC Top Inspection:

Purchase Experience:

IMPRESSIONS:

bronco on truck.jpg
passenger side.JPG
left quarter.JPG
front.JPG
Awesome! Thank you for sharing.
Curious, Did you get a ship date on the tracking, or did you track your order? Mine was built 7/14 and I have yet to receive a ship date let alone an estimated delivery.

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome! Thank you for sharing.
Curious, Did you get a ship date on the tracking, or did you track your order? Mine was built 7/14 and I have yet to receive a ship date let alone an estimated delivery.
So up until the day of delivery, my vehicle tracker showed "built and awaiting delivery". After the dealership called to tell me it was delivered, the tracker then showed delivered!

OP
OP
69 Mach I

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Awesome review, thank you. And youā€™re right about the under-hood view. Nobody makes a sloppier engine bay than Ford. Itā€™s really disappointing.
Plate of spaghetti! LOL

engine.JPG

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL on the tech stuff as well! I'm 63 and don't care about the infotainment system or the size of the screen. I like the basics and go for base vehicles- which to me are "loaded". ( I went for a Basesquatch). Jeez just power windows and cruise control is loaded to me. I like the simplicity of my 97 Wrangler- no infotainment system, no USB, no cruise control, manual zipper windows, no power locks, manual key locks with cylinders and a key to start it. I also don't need to look at a huge manual to use the radio- which is FM only. And I can see the "engine" under the hood- and service it somewhat easily.

What concerns me most is the "spaghetti" under the hood. No way are we going to be able to service it or diagnose problems. So after the warranty is up, it's got to go to the Ford dealer and if it needs anything at all it's going to cost- and a LOT. So my 97 Wrangler is not so bad and for a machine that is 24 years old it does basically the same thing- well it is more off road worthy and has a lot more HP and ultimate creature comforts, etc. But for all that technology it still gets the same gas mileage- 17-19 MPG as my old Wrangler. I guess a brick in the wind is a brick in the wind.
Just bring your grandchildren when you drive and they'll help you with the tech stuff