First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Magic Schoolbus was never meant to be a mall crawler. I picked it up last Wed and after about 1,500 road miles I had the chance to take it out on the trails.

I took my son with me and we hit Hidden Falls Adventure Park outside Marble Falls, TX. I've been here several times in my old built 2000 Grand Cherokee (4.5" long arm lift on 33's with auto-lockers front and rear, wheeled hard from Texas to Moab), so it was a great comparison to what I'm used to. I continue to be impressed with how easily this thing walks up obstacles completely stock & can't wait to see where it takes me over the years as I build it up.

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211114_114732

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211114_110906

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211114_111703

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211114_110414

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211114_110941

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211114_132709

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211115_142504

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211115_111556

Ford Bronco Took the Magic Schoolbus FE to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in TX 20211115_085219
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome pics. I am thinking about (ie, trying to convince Mrs.BlueBronco) stopping by Hidden Falls on the way back from SA to DFW over Thanksgiving. Already downloaded the map and color coded the trails by rating. A couple of questions for you, what was the hardest trail you felt comfortable doing with your FE? Would you have done more difficult trails if it wasn't brand new?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering waiting for ppf on the fenders/doors before hitting the trails…any issues with pinstriping from the bushes?

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the EBs let you play with them while you were there?

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looked like fun

Sponsored

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am curious since I live down in San Antonio. Watching this thread for more info.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do places like this offer recovery services? Since Bronco doesn’t have a great winch solution yet that seems important.

OP
OP
MysteryCamper

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Awesome pics. I am thinking about (ie, trying to convince Mrs.BlueBronco) stopping by Hidden Falls on the way back from SA to DFW over Thanksgiving. Already downloaded the map and color coded the trails by rating. A couple of questions for you, what was the hardest trail you felt comfortable doing with your FE? Would you have done more difficult trails if it wasn't brand new?
I ran most of the 3-diamond trails (Turkey Creek, North Pole, North Peak) and only bypassed a few of the bigger climbs/drops because I was out by myself, didn't have a spotter, & don't have a winch yet. The cameras are amazing, but can't replace a good spotter when stepping down a big ledge.

If it wasn't brand new and I had someone with me I would (and will) for sure push it harder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MysteryCamper

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do places like this offer recovery services? Since Bronco doesn’t have a great winch solution yet that seems important.
Not here, but there are usually a lot of friendly people out that can help if you're in a bad spot. It's best to go out with a group and to have good self-recovery options, but if you're really in a bind you can usually barter for some good will (I've leant out tools to people on the trail who brought them back to me at my campsite later).

I'm sure plenty of Jeep owners would love to recover a new Bronco just for the story... 😂

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it wasn't brand new and I had a spotter I would for sure push it harder.
Good to know. I figured I would be fine on the 3 diamond trails and might try my luck on some 4 diamonds if I can convince someone to meet up. My build for reference: BL-manual-dirt logic coilovers-37's-bumpers-winch-some other goodies

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm just here to approve of the name of your Bronco. All 4-door Cyber Oranges will only be referred to as such by me from now on.

OP
OP
MysteryCamper

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was considering waiting for ppf on the fenders/doors before hitting the trails…any issues with pinstriping from the bushes?
I was SUPER careful going through the trees and on a few off-camber spots not to pinstripe it. Had my son fold the passenger mirror and hold a tree branch back one time just to be safe. In a few years I won't worry about it so much, but I'll keep it show quality as long as I can.

OP
OP
MysteryCamper

MysteryCamper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

...if I can convince someone to meet up.
No need to convince me. Let me know if you want to head out sometime and I'm happy to go with you. There are also plenty of bypass areas and room to turn around if things get too sketchy.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just here to approve of the name of your Bronco. All 4-door Cyber Oranges will only be referred to as such by me from now on.
And the Decal makes it that much cooler, in my honest opinion.

OP, thanks for this. I'm checking that place out now, seeing if I am going to make it a part of my trip through TX next week now. Looks fun!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No need to convince me. Let me know if you want to head out sometime and I'm happy to go with you. There are also plenty of bypass areas and room to turn around if things get too sketchy.
10-4. We will be driving back to DFW the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I will let you know if we decide to hit Hidden Falls for a few hours on our way home.
Sponsored