Sponsored

Tool Kit to keep in the back - SAE or metric is better for the sockets and wrenches?

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning to add to/replace some of the tools in the glove box tool kit. I'm skeptical of the quality. I'm thinking a good Torx set and few metric sockets, 10mm, 12mm, channel locks, etc.

Any other suggestions? I'm not looking for a full on trial kit, just a quality kit while out and about.
Get some Torx Plus as well.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning to add to/replace some of the tools in the glove box tool kit. I'm skeptical of the quality. I'm thinking a good Torx set and few metric sockets, 10mm, 12mm, channel locks, etc.

Any other suggestions? I'm not looking for a full on trial kit, just a quality kit while out and about.
If you’re planning the replace the star socket bits in the Bronco tool kit, you should know that they are stamped “IP” next to the numerical size. “IP” stands for “Internal Plus”, which means they are Torx Plus socket bits that fit inside the recess of the fastener heads (as opposed to “EP”, which are “External Plus” sockets that’s fit over the outside of the fastener head). So make sure you buy Torx Plus replacements.

Last edited:

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Second the Metrinch recommendation …….. don’t know that I’d try an engine rebuild with them but they are quality metallurgy and engineering.
(carry a set in my Caterham Seven - an astounding mix of SAE and Metric)

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was planning on a set of sockets, wrenches and pliers. Not in a massive rush to buy anything as I usually pull all the tool bags out of the trucks and go through them. Some times I use it as an excuse to upgrade.

I mostly carry tools for doing odds and ends handy man stuff. When you can fix things people always seem to ask if I have my voltmeter.
Sponsored