Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I like non-flashy on my daily drivers which is what this bronco will be, so carbonized gray and 4 door for practicality. Although, I did briefly flirt with rapid red and cactus gray(back when we all thought it was a minty green tint). If it's a play toy, I like flashy as hell. If I could've afforded bronco as a toy, I would've went cyber orange and 2 door.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The metallic flakes in the cyber paint look like they’re gonna be really nice in the sun.
And I should be able to find it even in the dark..

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being colorblind I prefer white, black, grey, and silver over more vibrant colors. There's nothing more frustrating than driving down the road and seeing some awful bright color which causes you to spend the rest of the day thinking about what color it might of been.
I am in the same boat...color blind. 100% agree. White for me.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone has to do what they think is best. I know a huge reason why I don't want to wait to get a Bronco from a dealer lot besides having to wait until 2023 is when I was window shopping for a 2-door Wrangler, all I could find was black, silver and white.

No 2-door yellows, reds, or greens within 100 miles of me.

So anyone who bought one of these boring colors just to help the resale lost a potential customer.

Me, I have a blue F150 which I will be unloading in 4-7 months to welcome a Cyber-Orange Bronco. The only 'investment' here is in 'fun' and 'living'. If I was worried about money and recouping it, I'd buy a Toyota instead.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
White, black, and silver arent the the top picks for the Bronco. :)

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Cars reflect the people that buy them. Not everyone can afford new cars. So basically the middle and upper class people are just boring these days. However they will twll you how special and unique they are. Even though they bought a white hellcat and dont know who Kowalski is.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I agree with a lot of what everyone is saying here. It has to do with dealers wanting to push more cars and going with safe colors. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the german car companies only make like white, black and silver. Occasionally other colors?

When the middle man (dealers) finally get cut out, I think that's when you'll start seeing greater number in colors. Probably why you see a higher number of cars with color in them for Bronco orders.

Funny timing on this post, because I was driving around yesterday, and was literally saying to my wife, every car on the road is either white, black or some shade of gray/silver.

part of me, for that reason thought about going Cyber Orange. Fun color. But I feel in line and am going Cactus Gray. Still light, but different.
And blue also for the German car companies. I live just a few minutes from the BMW plant and this is one I see around this area sometimes:

Ford Bronco Top Car Colors of 2020 (78% White, Black, Gray, or Silver) vs Bronco6G Member Ordered Colors 1C3B61E9-640E-4601-BE6A-0B0BBE688563

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's funny when I see discussions about fun colors on vehicles many people say that others buy fun vehicle colors because they want to draw attention themselves. I love fun colors but could personally careless what anyone else thinks. Hell I'd rock a cool shade of purple on a Bronco and not give a damn.

It's depressing sometimes driving and looking around at other vehicles. White, black, gray, silver and boring shades of burgundy.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally I would go nuts for a Caribbean Turquoise or Lunar Green new Bronco among an automotive sea of gray, black and white. We have become a lifeless, spineless society.

Ford Bronco Top Car Colors of 2020 (78% White, Black, Gray, or Silver) vs Bronco6G Member Ordered Colors 1C3B61E9-640E-4601-BE6A-0B0BBE688563
Yes! I'm getting VB, but at some point, I expect to get this color vinyl wrapped on my Bronco.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But the stats on this forum show that, even when given choice, the majority opt for the more subtle shades. I imagine the dealers order into the trends as shown on their historical data...and of course on what may be cheapest to buy from the manufacturer.
I'd say the forum stats deviate significantly from the NA data in the OP.

First, consider that only CO lies outside of the white/gray/silver/black + blue/red options. So again our choice is limited. Then consider that there are a lot more on the forum choosing in the blue/red than the white/silver/black, plus the popularity of CG could be due to it being less of a boring gray (in theory).
Then you have a lot of people on the forum asking for a green or a true orange.

I'm not saying there's no demand for grayscale colors, but I don't think it's nearly as prevalent as manufacturers and dealers think. We're still limited by the options on the lot.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually liking that my Iconic Silver be the rarest of the rare. IMO A51's and cactus gray are going to be so common as to be "boring". ;). Would still prefer Silver Spruce though.

josephs6392

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1940 Ford roadster pickup, 1947 Ford 5W coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Totally agree. If you add up the blue hues, Antimatter Blue, Velocity Blue, Lightning Blue, and, yes, you must add Area 51, (It is just light blue. Regardless of the photos, those who have seen it like myself will tell you it is light blue.), the total is 40.5% on the B6G chart.
The neutral shades with no color quality-Shadow Black, Oxford White, and Carbonized Gray total 28.7%.
Cactus Gray has color quality (Green) and should not be included with the other neutrals in my opinion. If you look at it that way, blue is by far the most popular on this forum.
Sponsored