Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By that screenshot, I calculate only 28.5% on this forum chose something other than a color that's basically 50 shades of boring.

Ford Bronco Top Car Colors of 2020 (78% White, Black, Gray, or Silver) vs Bronco6G Member Ordered Colors l1IY0HjaJSFZGVpxC
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
By that screenshot, I calculate only 28.5% on this forum chose something other than a color that's basically 50 shades of boring.

Ford Bronco Top Car Colors of 2020 (78% White, Black, Gray, or Silver) vs Bronco6G Member Ordered Colors l1IY0HjaJSFZGVpxC
Ford Bronco Top Car Colors of 2020 (78% White, Black, Gray, or Silver) vs Bronco6G Member Ordered Colors 1613351500153

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's a different take on the greyscaling of vehicles today: with few exceptions, vehicles have never had fewer attractive curves...have never been boxier bricks.

Colors that would 'make' a vintage vette or old TR7 would mostly fail on a refrigerator with 2 axels

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd get Lightning Blue in a heartbeat but I'm not getting a FE. I've never really liked Velocity Blue on any vehicle I've seen. Maybe if I could see more pics of it on a Bronco I could be convinced. But as soon as they started building some the stig got outed and I haven't seen it since. Going with Carbonized Gray for now. I actually like how the paint pops in the sun. I wanted to like Cyber Yellow but it looks like a taxi cab on the 4 door. I'm going to own this thing for 10+ years so I don't want to get tired of a loud color after the first few years.

This is the picture that sold me on Carbonized:

Ford Bronco Top Car Colors of 2020 (78% White, Black, Gray, or Silver) vs Bronco6G Member Ordered Colors carbonized

Last edited:

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I only got LB because it's LE on a FE. All colors being equal, I would have gotten black (which wasn't even a FE option).

Sponsored

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder what the data would look like without fleet/rental vehicle data included. I suspect that fleet vehicles account for the majority of white vehicles and rentals boost the black/gray/silver vehicle numbers.
I also think if what people order (i.e 2021 bronco) probably has a greater variance of colors vs what people buy just because it's available on the lot.

And the OJ connection is probably suppressing more than a few white bronco orders. I really like how the 2021 looks in white, but my better half nixed that color due to not wanting to deal with the OJ jokes.
then you have me intentionally making a huge OJ joke

2E37F5DD-AB09-4C78-B210-3DBB060DC3E8.jpeg

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What I would like to know is customer ordered colors, vs dealer inventory ordered colors.

Either way, I think the vast majority of people are too worried about risk in a major purchase and pick vanilla because of it.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I saw this a while back. A dealer had a customer that they had done business with numerous times. They wanted a purple Bronco Sport so the dealer had it wrapped.

Purple Sport.jpg

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered Iconic Silver because I've actually seen it in person and like it. I am actually surprised that Silver is only 10% in NA, seems like I see quite a lot of silver vehicles out there.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wanted to like Cyber Yellow but it looks like a taxi cab on the 4 door.
You nailed it for sure.

Debating between "School Bus" or "Taxi" motifs for mine!

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

interesting to me that when you take the colors which are 1. closest to a classic bronco color and 2. not available on other ford models (except the bronco sport) -Area 51 and Cactus Grey, you account for 36%. 2 retro colors. When you add in the cyber orange, that's 44% - suggest to me that many, many folks want a classic bronco color, or a bright color, yet most available bronco colors are what you would find on virtually every other vehicle on the market.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to stay away from the popular colors so badly but I do not like the the “Unique Colors” offered. I have agonized over this from the day B&P went live till the order date and I ended up with White. I just think the Black Diamond will look good in white.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
many, many folks want a classic bronco color, or a bright color, yet most available bronco colors are what you would find on virtually every other vehicle
I believe once Ford realized 70 thousand-odd buyers would buy literally Any color, they decided to hold the good stuff back for a coupl'a years

Cap10Alden

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those "Bold" buyers of Cyber Orange, you may want to do a little research into tricoat metallic paints and the nightmare of repairing even simple scratches. The 3 coat process, plus the top coat makes it nearly impossible to fix even the smallest scratch. If your Bronco is going to be used hard and put away dirty then these scratches will add character to your Bronco, but if you don't plan on doing much off-roading, I hope the occasional scratch in the paint will still make you feel like your bold choice was the right one. I'm by no means a paint expert but maybe Lab00Rat, who did a phenomenal job with the CG paint debate, could weigh in.
Sponsored