Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have had all three white, black, silver. ordered a boring 50 shades of carb gray Bronco. I got this.
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most people follow the herd. Safe hair styles, safe clothes, safe car colors...most people would rather not separate themselves from the herd. Most people are not peacocks.

Manufacturers and retailers want to sell products, so they play it safe.
Stay in the herd...where’s “Zebra” in the colour choices? 😝

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those "Bold" buyers of Cyber Orange, you may want to do a little research into tricoat metallic paints and the nightmare of repairing even simple scratches. The 3 coat process, plus the top coat makes it nearly impossible to fix even the smallest scratch. If your Bronco is going to be used hard and put away dirty then these scratches will add character to your Bronco, but if you don't plan on doing much off-roading, I hope the occasional scratch in the paint will still make you feel like your bold choice was the right one. I'm by no means a paint expert but maybe Lab00Rat, who did a phenomenal job with the CG paint debate, could weigh in.

Ya gotta tag him to get his attention @Lab00Rat

This is very true. Paint touchups for pinstripe scratches are not possible. There would need to be an area to blend into the pain for matching the tri coat. This is the one main reason I'm getting a single coat color. I want to get out and mix it up and not worry about the paint too much. The CO color is a really awesome color and would be happy to have it on a Mustang or Explorer, but the Bronco, to me, intends to get up and personal with nature.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is very true. Paint touchups for pinstripe scratches are not possible. There would need to be an area to blend into the pain for matching the tri coat. This is the one main reason I'm getting a single coat color. I want to get out and mix it up and not worry about the paint too much. The CO color is a really awesome color and would be happy to have it on a Mustang or Explorer, but the Bronco, to me, intends to get up and personal with nature.
Agreed! Some user here who lives in Hawaii is getting a cyber orange Bronco. That locale is perfect for that color. That thing is going to be the Belle of the ball on that island....!

Last edited:

IndyBoswell

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered white because I like white. To each his own.

1613321003564.png
That white with roast (or other tan trim option) and black accents, in my option, is probably the best visually appealing combo. If I can order a 2nd without my wife leaving me, I’d pick an OW Base 2dr manual to join my OBX A51 4dr in the garage.

Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered white because I like white. To each his own.

1613321003564.png
I was set on a white 2-door OBX (same white as my 2020 Ranger). But I felt like I was being "safe" for all the reasons stated and decided to go with a less popular color Rapid Red. I know there will be very few Broncos on the road for a couple of years and mine will be unique among them. But, I'll always wonder about Oxford White...

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a dumb jock, that's the reason I own a yellow Escape. Can't lose it in a parking lot, unlike the blue/black Saturn or light blue Civic I used to own. Am going with Velocity Blue since this is a more unique color for the Base Bronco. Interesting that yellow is a popular color choice for used cars. Hint, hint, Ford, hint, hint.

OP
OP
Sampsonrustic

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was set on a white 2-door OBX (same white as my 2020 Ranger). But I felt like I was being "safe" for all the reasons stated and decided to go with a less popular color Rapid Red. I know there will be very few Broncos on the road for a couple of years and mine will be unique among them. But, I'll always wonder about Oxford White...
That rapid red is so nice! Especially on the 2 door.

nomnom

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Basequatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As much as some may not want to admit, the "safe" colors are good for resale. I plan on accenting my boring grey with some color.

maybe even some headlight eyelashes, fuzzy steering wheel, and sparkle chrome license plate frame.

Sascrotch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetpack
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm usually not a fan of white cars -- I used to think I'd never buy a white vehicle since they're so basic -- but I love it on the Bronco. I think the contrast with the roof looks great and makes it still look unique color-wise.

Though I would choose either A51 or Cactus Gray over white, but those don't come on the base.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer told me A51 will push you out to MY22. Let’s talk about it.

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer told me A51 will push you out to MY22. Let’s talk about it.
It may be for your specific case, but likely it's higher risk for ending up as MY22 or late availability. A51 (at least from this forum's polling) is the most popular color choice. As such Ford will likely not meet demand for A51 MY21 orders. Most of the late availability items are due to high demand causing supply shortages and not manufacturer delays. Choices such as leather, lux, sasquatch are all higher demand than they will be able to supply.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Most people follow the herd. Safe hair styles, safe clothes, safe car colors...most people would rather not separate themselves from the herd. Most people are not peacocks.

Manufacturers and retailers want to sell products, so they play it safe.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It may be for your specific case, but likely it's higher risk for ending up as MY22 or late availability. A51 (at least from this forum's polling) is the most popular color choice. As such Ford will likely not meet demand for A51 MY21 orders. Most of the late availability items are due to high demand causing supply shortages and not manufacturer delays. Choices such as leather, lux, sasquatch are all higher demand than they will be able to supply.
It was a joke...
Sponsored