First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Can't photoshop itself in front of an imaginary charge station? I don't get it.
1. You need to have a since of humor, because it’s a joke.
2. You need to know about the strange monoliths appearing and disappearing around the world. Just search the net for mysterious monoliths.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why does FCA keep making these plug in hybrids? I've heard recently that Europe and most likely California will be banning plug ins. Why not just charge it off the engine?
I hate green power. I make electricity with natural gas for my job. Politicians are making green power appear everywhere.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1. You need to have a since of humor, because it’s a joke.
2. You need to know about the strange monoliths appearing and disappearing around the world. Just search the net for mysterious monoliths.
By research do you mean watch Ancient Aliens with this guy?

824641b6f4b4a70eb6992b0f45a3d5b9.jpg

texex

Badlands
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love jeeps. I've had 3 two door wranglers and currently drive a Grand cherokee. I'm getting a new bronco because its NEW! Jeeps are so iconic but because they are such great vehicles you see a ton of them. They are no longer exciting. Maybe I'll feel different after the bronco has been in production for 5-10 years but for now it's refreshing. 2 door Wildtrak for me.

Sponsored

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Consistent failure you mean.

I tried to test drive a brand new jeep once. The engine blew before I could actually test drive it?...

2. Who buys a vehicle for serious offroading giving a crap how it looks?

3. We don't know that yet.

4. The Bronco failed to adequately adapt. That is why it failed before.

5. V8 and Diesel only matters if you need it. You don't truly need a v8 to off road. The 6th gen Bronco is primarily an offroader not suv.

Go back to the jeep forums and whine there...
I am going to have to respond to point #4. Totally false.
Bronco was eliminated by Ford executives decisions because of the introduction of the Explorer. GM also went this route eliminating the Blazer that morphed into the Tahoe. The development and popularity of the Explorer and , later came big brother expedition, drove the extinction of the Bronco. Just look at sales trends of explorer vs bronco after Explorer was released.
Market trends, customer demands and so on steer the market.
Had nothing to do with adaptation.
This is currently playing out in the sedan market. Auto manufacturers realize public demand for SUV’s is far greater than sedans.
SUV options is increasing in companies portfolios across the auto manufacturing spectrum, while sedan options decreasing.

Lexx

Big Bend
First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This thread delivers lol!

IMO 95% of the folks who buy either a Bronco or a Jeep, are mall crawlers. There just aren't that many folks who are going to take their $60k vehicle out on the Rubicon or Moab and get it all scratched up. I will be the first to admit, that although I live only an hour away from the Rubicon, I have no intention of driving my brand new Bronco through that and get it all bashed up.

I do however intend to use the Bronco as an exploration vehicle when we go camping. It'll get us down fire trails and into some light backcountry so we can hike and fish.

I could just as easily do the same with a Jeep Gladiator but the problems with Jeep IMO are:
1) There are no rear or side airbags. I have 3 kids and I'm not keen on the risk without airbags.
2) I had a late 1980's Jeep Cherokee that was the single most unreliable vehicle I've ever owned. It would break down just sitting in the driveway, it was that bad.

There are some things I do like about the Gladiator. It's got that military transport look and has literally a zillion aftermarket parts. I'd be perfectly happy with a Sport S with a Magnussesn supercharger, 35's or 37's and some other aftermarket mods. BUT it doesn't have rear air bags or side curtain airbags so it's a no go.

Black Bronco Convertible

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
amzn.to
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
After looking forward to a bronco and getting a JLU, I feel that the 4dr wrangler looks way better than the 4dr bronco, but the 2dr bronco beats everything hands down

Wveddy

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU with LS, 79 F100, 73 Cuda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, lots of hating going on here. Is the new bronco cool - yes. Do i have a reservation- yes. Is the wrangler a little out dated- yes. Why this thread turned into a FCA bashing zone, I don’t know. FCA makes some really nice vehicles and probably has an equal or better global sourcing model than Ford. That aside, Wrangler does have several advantages over the bronco.
  1. Solid axle is a big one. Can swap 1 tons if i wanna get crazy. tons of gear & carrier options
  2. huge aftermarket- from lifts to hemi swaps- can buy a part a day for the rest of your life
  3. affordable in the used market- anyone can go buy a JK or JL today for a lot less than a bronco
  4. cult like following- tons of jeep clubs, events, outings. and jeep really enables this group. jeep wave- never heard of a bronco anything
  5. can run as big of a tire as i want- have to wait and see what happens to the bronco with 37s or bigger (yes i know big tires mean lots of parts changes, but you can order everything to do it)
Where the wrangler fails for
me is drive ability. Steering as everyone has pointed out and just ride/interior comfort. its just dated. My Grand Cherokee is super comfortable and ford honestly has nothing that competes with it IMO. Why they can’t put those seats in a damn wrangler is beyond me. We don’t know that the bronco is actually better. we are just guessing at this point. the seats don't look great. i know ifs drives better than solid axle, but be nice to drive a Sasq Badlands and feel first hand.

Last point, most jeeps are customized. So really not fair to compare on issues that are caused by modification. We have no idea how the bronco will drive with a 3” lift and big tires either.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, lots of hating going on here. Is the new bronco cool - yes. Do i have a reservation- yes. Is the wrangler a little out dated- yes. Why this thread turned into a FCA bashing zone, I don’t know. FCA makes some really nice vehicles and probably has an equal or better global sourcing model than Ford. That aside, Wrangler does have several advantages over the bronco.
  1. Solid axle is a big one. Can swap 1 tons if i wanna get crazy. tons of gear & carrier options
  2. huge aftermarket- from lifts to hemi swaps- can buy a part a day for the rest of your life
  3. affordable in the used market- anyone can go buy a JK or JL today for a lot less than a bronco
  4. cult like following- tons of jeep clubs, events, outings. and jeep really enables this group. jeep wave- never heard of a bronco anything
  5. can run as big of a tire as i want- have to wait and see what happens to the bronco with 37s or bigger (yes i know big tires mean lots of parts changes, but you can order everything to do it)
Where the wrangler fails for
me is drive ability. Steering as everyone has pointed out and just ride/interior comfort. its just dated. My Grand Cherokee is super comfortable and ford honestly has nothing that competes with it IMO. Why they can’t put those seats in a damn wrangler is beyond me. We don’t know that the bronco is actually better. we are just guessing at this point. the seats don't look great. i know ifs drives better than solid axle, but be nice to drive a Sasq Badlands and feel first hand.

Last point, most jeeps are customized. So really not fair to compare on issues that are caused by modification. We have no idea how the bronco will drive with a 3” lift and big tires either.
Ya clicked on the title "Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco" and you're surprised by the dialogue?

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Vehicles to me are like a box of chocolates. Got to try different ones to figure out what ones you like.
I liked caramels until a tried a buttercream. Then I tried a pecan turtle, love em.

I have bought 45 vehicles that I can remember. Different vehicles suited different needs and life events. Had Broncos, Jeeps, K5 Blazers, Expeditions and Suburbans. Can't say any thing bad about any brand that I have owned.

If you want to stick with caramels so be it, but don't be bothered if someone enjoys buttercreams.

Last edited:

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an '18 JKU and I really liked it. I am tempted by the 4XE Rubicon to hold me over to the Warthog since with tax credits, a fully loaded one comes in substantially less than my ideal Badlands build. I do have some concerns about the new hybrid drivetrain, but issues like the top leaking and stuff like that should be sorted on the JL. Expect minor stuff like that to go on for a while with the Bronco since it is totally new. On the other hand, the Bronco doors are smaller (more like Wrangler half doors), the mirrors stay on, and the hard tops seem to be of a superior design. Also, factory Squatch crushes factory Rubicon. Also, with MGV and washout floors, I think the Bronco wins, keeping in mind I am comparing two vehicles which no customer has even driven yet.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just gonna wait and see what's left of you in the morning. Godspeed pal.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands