Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Right now, I can personalize my Wrangler to my heart's desire, which is a big deal for me. The Bronco is still kinda ugly unless it's the squash 2 door
The 2dr squash is nice.
Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One of the early ones with the welds that would break? lol
It was in Sept. 2019, so it wasn't an early one. I was just surprised that brand new, basically right off the trailer, the steering would be that bad, but apparently I wasn't the only one.
I'm definitely looking forward to finally getting a test drive in the new bronco at some point, but I expect the steering will be much better since it uses a modern rack & pinion instead of the antiquated recirculating ball setup that jeep still uses.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm excited to see the Bronco out in the wild. The thing about the 4x4 community is its so welcoming in person compared to the street racing community I came from originally. When we are out and I see anybody out there it doesn't matter if it's a wrangler, Nissan, Toyota, other Jeeps, or whatever it may be we always wave or help each other out and shoot the shit.
I sure hope you are right. This is one of the reasons I'm so excited to get involved more with the off road community.

But the Bronco isn't even out yet and we seem to be jumping on people even on this board, we pick on what someone in a video is wearing, and we complain about every flipping thing, and God forbid you mention you think Jeeps have something to offer.

I hope the Bronco Community develops a much higher acceptance of all because I don't want to be treated like the step kid simply because I chose a Bronco.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I sure hope you are right. This is one of the reasons I'm so excited to get involved more with the off road community.

But the Bronco isn't even out yet and we seem to be jumping on people even on this board, we pick on what someone in a video is wearing, and we complain about every flipping thing, and God forbid you mention you think Jeeps have something to offer.

I hope the Bronco Community develops a much higher acceptance of all because I don't want to be treated like the step kid simply because I chose a Bronco.
I won't be treating you like that and the group that I ride with certainly won't. There have been plenty of times I got out solo and end up helping a group of Toyotas and they invite me to tag along and vice versa. I also hope that Bronco community doesn't get a snobby attitude similar how people who got the JL did right when it came out. Were all out there having fun doing the same thing! Can't knock on each other for that! That the reason I'm joined this forum I just like having conversations with like minded people not to argue which rig is better.

Lucas718

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Toyota Tacoma SR5 Trail Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I owned a 2008 Wrangler Unlimited. Was fun for a while but after about 3 years lots of issues started to show. The worst being it losing a quart of oil every thousand miles. Then the engine problems started ultimately needing cylinder head replacement at 48K miles. Got rid of it after that. Despite its rugged image, I found it to be quite fragile. Ironically it was the only vehicle I’ve ever owned that left me stranded. Never again.

Sponsored

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I won't be treating you like that and the group that I ride with certainly won't. There have been plenty of times I got out solo and end up helping a group of Toyotas and they invite me to tag along and vice versa. I also hope that Bronco community doesn't get a snobby attitude similar how people who got the JL did right when it came out. Were all out there having fun doing the same thing! Can't knock on each other for that! That the reason I'm joined this forum I just like having conversations with like minded people not to argue which rig is better.
Bronco snobs are nothing new.

I have never had a dog in the fight, but I have felt bad for my BII brethren.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It's because, with the Bronco not available yet, we're like pent up virgins in school just picking on every little detail like saying who we'd never hook up with despite being virgins. We're frigging annoying right now. On the trail, it's going to be a bunch of people who all love the outdoors and pushing their rigs. Only a few will still be morons out in person.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t, but they weren’t Broncos.

I’m not trying to bunch anybody’s panties here. I’m trading one of my wranglers in on a bronco, but jeep will always have a longer history. Period. It’s just fact.

It sucks for us, but the most history most randos on the street know about Bronco is OJ.
Jeeps are a fun vehicle which have history, but that is sales/marketing speak, not something tangible.

I believe the Jeep, and the desire to compete with the Jeep, made the Bronco that much better. I expect the jeep will be forced to improve with the coming of the Bronco.

It will be fun to see.

Tommy

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I never liked the Wrangler just didn't,t catch my eye> Jeep has had years to get it right and still lacking> No imagination ...they stalled on the hill> Time for a change. Ford is doing the right thing in listening to the people that matter.My only complaint is the terrible rollout of the Bronco. The response to the new Bronco says it all. Time for change ...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably a laughable apples-to-oranges story here, but felt it fit somewhat.
I've owned two Jeeps in my life.
Both were a barrel of fun when they did what they were designed to do. A pain when they didn't.
The first one was a 1980 or 81 CJ5 with the iron duke 4. Fun and more fun. Basket case of rust and wiring issues, I found it quite funny the roll bar (that it was) was simply bolted to the rear inner wheel houses with a small reinforcement plate underneath. Did the best my 17 yr old mind could put it through with mud. Never got it stuck. Never rock crawled it, only the back-woods NC mudding trips teenagers did back then.
2nd one was a 1990 YJ with the HO 258. It had a 6" lift on it, disconnect SB, 35" ProComp MT. It was a blast to drive in the mud when it worked and the red clay mud wasn't too slippery (Slid down more than one hill against my will).
Many issues with the weird hybrid carb with computer controls, broke many U joints (pinion angle issue) and two separate transfer cases. Finally got tired of it sitting needing repair more than having fun so I sold it at a loss.
Soft top was loud, windows all yellowed and hazy. Insanely cold in the winter, drafty.
But it was this rough-and-rugged beast of a vehicle I always had a grin driving with the top off. I enjoyed it when it worked. To be fair some of the mechanical issues were of either my fault or the prior owner who modded it without a good balance of parts that worked with each other.
I know a lot has changed since the design and tech of 1990 (man that dash and gauge setup was horrible!). I've only rode in a newer JL a couple of times and was impressed with the improvements since the YJ, but it still to me felt too cheaply made to be a $40-50k vehicle.
But I can assure anyone that on the trails/mudholes I'll be enjoying the company of many different makes and will help/share a cold one with anyone, regardless.
I can't wait.

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
1. If you’re afraid of a new/first model year this is a concern but not for me.
2. Agree. The Wrangler look is iconic.
3. This needs more research and testing to prove.
4. Meh. I like the look of the new Bronco. And I think the interior and tech blow away the Jeep.
5. I don’t want diesel or v8 so this is a non issue.

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1. I’m sure in 64 1/2 you would prefer the Corvair over the Mustang.
2. Bronco makes the Jeep look 78 years old.
3. Jeep’s handle like shit, and the bronco will handle like a car.
4. Try to buy a first gen bronco, a 70s Jeep isn’t worth shit.
5. Jeep’s diesel cost 6,000 and tows less than their weak V6. The hemi V8 in a Jeep’s is a roll over waiting to happen.
6. The light weight V6 EcoBoost has 400 foot lbs of torque and when tuned can make much more power with a boost increase.
7. The Broncos ten speed auto is world class, the only thing worldly about a jeep is the fiat headquarters that own them.
8. When you take the doors off a Jeep you lose your side mirrors.
9. You can get 35 inch tires with the Sasquatch package.
10. Jeep stole their design from American Bantam during WWII.
11. Ford built Jeeps in WWII and kicked Italy’s ass, now they want us to buy crap fiat shit.
12. You should buy a gutless V6 Jeep’s and put a huge fiat flag on the hood and enjoy it forever

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it's too early to say anything for certain with the Bronco. Looks good but won't know for a while. If I needed something in the next few months I'd get a Wrangler and not look back. I'm not going for hard core off road, just want something capable for some exploring when I retire. Towable behind motorhome is main reason for a Bronco or Wrangler. Getting seriously tempted by the Wrangler 4xe because I can get over $9k from my fellow taxpayers. Would be nice to get something instead of paying for everyone else all the time. Given that I'll spend more time on than off road I suspect the Bronco will be better. Wranglers have a good selection of engines, good transmissions (excellent 8-speed auto), good suspension and a decent interior. I've had my problems with Fords (Ranger, F-150 and 3 Expeditions) so none are perfect.

kimmnen

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect & '22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
Don't need a new vehicle. Planning on keeping my current vehicle. The top 5 reasons do nothing to impact my choice, Ford Bronco. I know the first ride will bring the same smile and feeling I had riding in a white '66 roadster 55 years ago. Maybe it will end up being 56 years but the wait will be worth it.
Sponsored