Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
1. Consistent failure you mean.

I tried to test drive a brand new jeep once. The engine blew before I could actually test drive it?...

2. Who buys a vehicle for serious offroading giving a crap how it looks?

3. We don't know that yet.

4. The Bronco failed to adequately adapt. That is why it failed before.

5. V8 and Diesel only matters if you need it. You don't truly need a v8 to off road. The 6th gen Bronco is primarily an offroader not suv.

Go back to the jeep forums and whine there...

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Jeep is available today. That’s it. Otherwise delete this thread. No value added and a waste. Wait until the Bronco comes out and people put it through the ringer and can compare it to the Jeep. Hands down the Bronco looks better than the Jeep (in my opinion, and imagine most on a Bronco forum). Capability will tell after we all put it through individual tests to our own certain degree of strength. Depends on use and application. Outside of DuDeS ThAt NeEd a v8, I just don’t understand why a V8 is truly needed by anyone nowadays or would be a deal breaker. Equipment, reliability, and technology is much different now then it was 15-20+ years ago. I think a V8 is a great marketing scheme to bump up costs for, again, DuDeS ThAt NeEd a v8. I don’t think anyone NEEDS a V8 for anything they plan to do in a Jeep or a Bronco.

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your premise is that jeep is better than bronco. As to number one, because jeep has been made for several years and this is the first year of the re-introduction of the bronco somehow that makes the jeep better. Nothing in that point indicates that bronco is inferior and in fact, the years long track record of wrangler's painfully incremental progress, if even that, and a fairly pedestrian vehicle reflecting no inspired motivation until now to keep jeep at the top of their game. The roll out of bronco will be highly appreciated by off road enthusiasts because bronco is designed to address many of the unnecessary shortcomings of wrangler. So much for point one, Point two is purely taste and not substance. But that said, I have always thought the gen one bronco and now the 2021 is a much better looking vehicle than jeep, and your comparing the bronco to a car in appearance is a bit odd. I don't know what cars look like in Mississippi but in the rest of the country, cars and broncos bear no resemblance. Point three, I will let others more acquainted with this address it. Point four the bronco came, went and now returns while the jeep was consistently here. True and unfortunately the way ford handled the bronco was similar to the thunderbird. Originally introduced as a competitor to corvette, it morphed and became a bloated monstrosity through the 60s and 70s. Point five is that jeep offers so much more in engine selection. True-for the time being only because the bronco is just now returning, But given a few years, it will offer hybrid, full electric, diesel maybe. Oh and that V8 that you cited that jeep almost has now-thank bronco for it because that and many other long overdue things from jeep are going to come to pass for one reason and one reason only-market pressure and good old American red, white and blue competition. In my humble opinion.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

Come at me!!!
I see your trolling and offer one of my own: Jeep has more parts availability, because they've been the same forever, so every part ever made fits every vehicle ever made. ?

The way I figure it, if the Jeep was so great for me, I would have bought one already. I don't know if the Bronco will be as great as I hope, but I feel like it has a really good chance. Enough that I'm essentially buying one sight-unseen. :)

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't Fiat just give it to somebody else ? Is it really even a Jeep anymore ?
FCA and Peugeot want to merge.

I'm sure Jeep will reap the benefit of the synergies of Italian reliability and French design.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I love Jeeps- at least the TJ's - I have had 4 of them, including my 97 I own now. i never liked the bigger JK's. Tried out a Gladiator and the steering was so loose and responsive, my TJ felt tight by comparison. And for 55K, no way.

I have had 5 Broncos- a 1971, 1970, 1982 and a 1985. I also had a 66 that I tried very recently to restore that ended up being a disheartening disaster.

But.....of all the above vehicles the 1970 and 71 Broncos would go through anything- mud, snow, sand, hills, etc. They were unstoppable and out performed a K5 Blazer and a Toyota Land Cruiser back in the day. I know- I piloted the Broncos up the steepest hill climbs, the nastiest trails where everyone else got stuck. I had my 1970 Bronco and drove it in the Blizzard of 78- rescuing people, pulling cars and trucks out of the snow and snow banks. They were the most awesome vehicles I ever owned. They are Iconic to me and I just has had to have one of these new ones- especially after my 1966 failed restoration effort.

My 1980's Broncos were not bad- just a little too big and heavy but good people movers back in the day. I love my current 97 TJ- it's my favorite out of all of them I owned. I will keep it and own it, alongside my 2021 or 2022 new Bronco.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OP is so right, everyone cancel their reservation now!

Then I can easily take delivery next summer of a poor imitation of a Jeep called Bronco.

I'll post some pics of my inferior Bronco so you will all know you did the right thing by getting a Jeep instead.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I personally love all them door bolts on the Jeep in combination to the exposed hinges. Nothing says $50k rig like an exposed hinge, framed door and needing secondary mirrors.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After owning 3 I mean 4 different Jeeps I can attest to the fact that they are fun junk. They are a fortune to keep running and properly maintained. My CJ7 was junk, my 1994 Wrangler was junk, my 2005 Wrangler Unlimited was junk, my Jeep Cherokee was junk. Electrical, rust, transmissions, transfer cases, vacuum leaks, O2 sensors . You name it, it failed. The worst junk I have ever owned other than the Durango which of course was also made by Chrysler. That was a total disaster of a POS. Meanwhile I had very little in the way of repairs in any of my 3 Broncos, my 3 Ford vans, my Focus or my Mustang GT. I am not a kid and can afford to take care of my vehicles and I could not keep up with keeping any Jeep ready for the road.