First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
Jeep sucks.
Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Inside an old jeep beats the heart of an unkillable donkey ,now we are getting twin turbos what could go wrong ?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I was thinking of getting a Jeep Wrangler until I saw the Consumer Report on it :( Oddly enough, Wranglers still get great owner satisfaction, but I can kind of see why when there are no issues.

Jeep .png
Consumer reports will hate on the Bronco too. They have no idea what they are testing / think they are testing against a Honda Passport, and pronounce the Bronco too expensive and not refined enough, then pile
on black marks for the one or two recall/quality issues that are bound to happen.

My JKUR used to be actually comfortable on long trips. My current shocks and tire combo have messed that up. I did have death wobble - it was scary - bushings wore out over 100K miles that needed replacing.

The quality issues have really been: the bottom corner of the front engine cover on the 3.8L minivan V6 leaked and had to be replaced, and that same 3.8L is running 15 degrees hotter than it was designed for on thinner oil to improve fuel economy, and it burns oil.

The thing is, it is a Jeep, and you get used to how it rides and put up with it, because it can go almost anywhere, and that capability is why you bought it (whether you use it or not).

Oh, and the mall crawling crowd are still buying them too.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a hillbilly alignment on the cj used 2 4' sections of angle iron ,test drive worst death wobble ever i swear my eyeballs were turning to butter.
Came home adjusted and was fine .

Smalldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am getting a Bronco, but currently in a JKU, with almost 100k and no major problems. However, the interior build for the cost is pretty cheap. I think the JL improved the interior a but, but I hope the Bronco is a step above.

Sponsored

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
All true. Plus, vast aftermarket and factory new and used parts widely available. Traveling in the Yukon my 2018 JKU took a rock through the windshield. Next small town glass shop (home mirrors, windows, and car windshields) had me back on the road with a new Jeep factory windshield in four hours at a cost of $365 Canadian. But, if Ford can stay the course they could be a real game changer. One thing I noticed throughout my travels in the US and Canada and even Alaska, is the abundance of small Ford Dealerships in small towns [probably thanks to the F150, and now the Ranger] and the limited number of Jeep/RAM dealerships.

Last edited:

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Serious question, how does lane keep assist handle death wobble? It seems like a terrifying experience all around.
A factory stock Jeep does not experience “Death wobble” unless something is seriously misaligned, worn and/or broken.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After owning 3 I mean 4 different Jeeps I can attest to the fact that they are fun junk. They are a fortune to keep running and properly maintained. My CJ7 was junk, my 1994 Wrangler was junk, my 2005 Wrangler Unlimited was junk, my Jeep Cherokee was junk. Electrical, rust, transmissions, transfer cases, vacuum leaks, O2 sensors . You name it, it failed. The worst junk I have ever owned other than the Durango which of course was also made by Chrysler. That was a total disaster of a POS. Meanwhile I had very little in the way of repairs in any of my 3 Broncos, my 3 Ford vans, my Focus or my Mustang GT. I am not a kid and can afford to take care of my vehicles and I could not keep up with keeping any Jeep ready for the road.
The trick is to sell/trade your Jeep before it hits 40K - 45K miles.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would not own a jeep ... or Ram (etc). Three things we can already count on are that the Bronco will have a better ride, will have more interior space and tech. All things I intend to utilize on my 4 door Lux Wildtrak - I’ve had great luck with the 3.5 ecoboost and look forward to putting the miles on as soon as I take delivery (whenever that may be) ... and within a couple years the Ford dealerships will be overrun with traded-in wranglers!!

Sponsored

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I expect bronco to be several generations ahead of wrangler in terms of vehicle design technology, in general an all around better vehicle

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have nothing against Jeep. In fact I considered getting one. The Rubicon is the only trim I'd consider getting as the other trims offer marginal 4wd systems. Better is a relative term. Better at what? If I was looking for the best rock crawling rig, the solid axle makes perfect sense for the most extreme off roading. I think very few of these vehicles will be used in that fashion. After that point, nearly everything falls in Broncos favor. The best on road vehicle will no doubt be the Bronco with the IFS. It appears that Ford engineers put a lot of thought into addressing the little things that bug many Jeep owners. Sasquatch at any trim, the modularity, etc were key selling points for me. I have no concerns keeping up in any off road situation. The after market will catch up in no time.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have nothing against Jeep. In fact I considered getting one. The Rubicon is the only trim I'd consider getting as the other trims offer marginal 4wd systems. Better is a relative term. Better at what? If I was looking for the best rock crawling rig, the solid axle makes perfect sense for the most extreme off roading. I think very few of these vehicles will be used in that fashion. After that point, nearly everything falls in Broncos favor. The best on road vehicle will no doubt be the Bronco with the IFS. It appears that Ford engineers put a lot of thought into addressing the little things that bug many Jeep owners. Sasquatch at any trim, the modularity, etc were key selling points for me. I have no concerns keeping up in any off road situation. The after market will catch up in no time.
I know so many people who buy rubicons because they are the top of line on the wrangler. They never go offroad, which is no big deal, its their money after all, they can spend it how they like. but i did have a laugh when he told me he took it off road. I asked where, he goes, "a dirt road".

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DEATH roll, whatever jeep owners been screaming about for years with no fix ... I'm good and want no part of that! ...
Death wobble. Could not drive my jku over 55. Scary af
Sponsored