First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well they do that to prevent lawsuits... Not everyone understand the speed rating letter on the tires.

Not just America. My wife's 2018 Audi S4 is electronically limited to 155MPH. If all season tires option is picked from the factory, the car then is limited to 130MPH and there is no way to change it, even dealer can't.

As for American cars, ECU is usually easy to crack.
I assume a tune should unlock the speed limiter. But you will risk voiding the warranty entirely..

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know there isn't much new to talk about when a thread talking about the Bronco's top speed is created. ?

OP
OP
Weld3z

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll fill you in on a little secret. It won't be long after the Bronco comes out that aftermarket tuners will begin to support them. I have an SCT tuner with custom 5star 93 octane tunes I use with my Ecoboost F150, which I hope will eventually be able to be paired with my Bronco through an update. You can disable both the speed and rev limiters through the tuner interface. Disclaimer: Using an aftermarket tune on a vehicle still under warranty will sometimes void the warranty if the dealership notices the changes on an OBD scan. Best not to use a tuner until the powertrain warranty has expired unless you don't care about the warranty. But, tuning an Ecoboost really wakes up the potential these engines have, if done within safe parameters from a reputable custom tune shop. Also stick below the speed ratings of your tires or you can possibly run into trouble.
Thanks ..
Some says that 100 mph is enough, no it's not speed limits in some street in my country is 100 mph so to pass someone in some situation you need to go faster !!
Speed limits in the USA is a big No it's from the 70s .. visited many states drove many times nice roads but 50% of drivers well not respect the speed limits (I don't blame them)
Passing from the right is like drinking water !!
Compare to other countries driving in USA is not fun at all ..
We are in 2020 until today no speed camera !!! Police waiting for you every where ..
This system need a new refresh 100 mph is normal speed if not that's fine 87mph is a normal speed in 99% over the world ..

driving slow is also dangerous and cause crash USA in % is one of the biggest very strange !

I know many well disagree, but this is the fact cheapest insurance here is $180 every 13 month if full coverage add 1k, depends on car value in normal situation no body pay more than 4k for full insurance .

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My E46 M3 was limited to 155mph. Have bounced off it numerous times at road courses with long straightaways. :cool:
i'm guessing you didn't have a current race license at order time so it wouldn't be governed.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm guessing you didn't have a current race license at order time so it wouldn't be governed.
That was the car that got me interested in high-speed road courses. Traded it in for an E36 after a couple of years. The E36 is fully gutted, custom cage, etc. Definitely not street legal anymore.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It doesn't have to do with racing licences, it's just a gentleman's agreement between manufactures so that too speed didn't become a pissing match.

I've ordered a few BMWs and I've never seen or heard anything about an option to remove the limiter, maybe if you are ordering a non street legal race chassis I guess.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

multiple reasons for the limiter. safety, tires, and aerodynamics. crumple zones on most cars aren't made for things over 200kph. tires are also a limiting factor including balanced wheels and wheels that can handle the rotating pressures. then aerodynamic play a roll too. remember the first gen audi tt? recall happened because at the limiter the rear of the car would float around. they had to make a spoiler for it. reasons why there are limiters.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

multiple reasons for the limiter. safety, tires, and aerodynamics. crumple zones on most cars aren't made for things over 200kph. tires are also a limiting factor including balanced wheels and wheels that can handle the rotating pressures. then aerodynamic play a roll too. remember the first gen audi tt? recall happened because at the limiter the rear of the car would float around. they had to make a spoiler for it. reasons why there are limiters.
Lawyers. US lawyers are the reason we have so many rules.

There are some good rules. There are even more terrible rules.

But for most Americans, if it works out it was because you were awesome and if it fails it was someone else's fault.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's funny how many people worry about top speed. I mean if this were a Lambo or Porsche maybe, but lets be honest, Unless you live in Montana there are not many places left in the US your gonna get any car up past 90. And you take a Sasquatched Bronco over 100 your crazy. The center of gravity will be high and a rollover at 100 no matter the boron steel rollbar is gonna be fatal unless your really lucky.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't have to do with racing licences, it's just a gentleman's agreement between manufactures so that too speed didn't become a pissing match.

I've ordered a few BMWs and I've never seen or heard anything about an option to remove the limiter, maybe if you are ordering a non street legal race chassis I guess.
i couldn't find the original source, so wikipedia

for the non-NA M3 CSL

"The top speed was electronically limited as standard, but buyers with a current motorsport licence could order the CSL with the speed limiter removed"

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i couldn't find the original source, so wikipedia

for the non-NA M3 CSL

"The top speed was electronically limited as standard, but buyers with a current motorsport licence could order the CSL with the speed limiter removed"
Touche! But they did only make 1,383 of those
Pretty limited run, but a very cool car
Sponsored