Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's funny how many people worry about top speed. I mean if this were a Lambo or Porsche maybe, but lets be honest, Unless you live in Montana there are not many places left in the US your gonna get any car up past 90. And you take a Sasquatched Bronco over 100 your crazy. The center of gravity will be high and a rollover at 100 no matter the boron steel rollbar is gonna be fatal unless your really lucky.
I was over 90 on my 5 mile commute to work yesterday, in San Francisco. ??‍♂
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Chartman, sorry my friend, I just don't agree. Here in the bay area, 80 is a typical highway speed, 90+ not uncommon. Many less urban areas of California can be driven well over 90 for long periods when there's little or no traffic. No, not a 35" tire vehicle, but for most modern typical vehicles, it's not an issue.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
My vw GLI had one at 140 If I remember correctly, did get it up to 145 on a slight downhill once.
The 2007 Audi RS 4 I all-too-briefly owned (god I miss that car) was limited at 188; only ever hit it twice (once on a track, once to catch up to an ambulance my wife was in after a car accident at 2am). Fun fact: at 188, toll booth transponder cameras don't even register you're there.

cal jammer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2007 Audi RS 4 I all-too-briefly owned (god I miss that car) was limited at 188; only ever hit it twice (once on a track, once to catch up to an ambulance my wife was in after a car accident at 2am). Fun fact: at 188, toll booth transponder cameras don't even register you're there.
had a friend with a rs4 years ago. an absolute blast of a car to drive. Hope the wife was ok!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks ..
Some says that 100 mph is enough, no it's not speed limits in some street in my country is 100 mph so to pass someone in some situation you need to go faster !!
Speed limits in the USA is a big No it's from the 70s .. visited many states drove many times nice roads but 50% of drivers well not respect the speed limits (I don't blame them)
Passing from the right is like drinking water !!
Compare to other countries driving in USA is not fun at all ..
We are in 2020 until today no speed camera !!! Police waiting for you every where ..
This system need a new refresh 100 mph is normal speed if not that's fine 87mph is a normal speed in 99% over the world ..

driving slow is also dangerous and cause crash USA in % is one of the biggest very strange !

I know many well disagree, but this is the fact cheapest insurance here is $180 every 13 month if full coverage add 1k, depends on car value in normal situation no body pay more than 4k for full insurance .
Drive the Taconic parkway in NY. It's like the wild west. If you are driving slow in the am you are the dangerous one.

Sponsored

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
had a friend with a rs4 years ago. an absolute blast of a car to drive. Hope the wife was ok!
Thanks! She ended up needing some spinal surgery after the accident but she's 100% now (the accident was about 7 years ago). That said not a single day goes by that I don't miss that car. Unfortunately the previous owner was a bit of a dirtbag and hadn't disclosed that it had been shoddily supercharged as well as having been in a flood caused by Hurricane Sandy when he'd traded it in. He had removed the crappy supercharger and returned it to stock prior to him trading it in (I ended up digging around some forums and figured out who the previous owner was through VIN). After only 10 months of ownership it started burning crazy amounts of oil to the point every drive was a smoke show. Borescope inspection revealed 2 scored cylinder walls that couldn't be sleeved and at the time the cheapest short block I could find after weeks of searching was an engine from a wrecked RS 4 that was going for $17k which I couldn't afford so I had to sell it.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drive the Taconic parkway in NY. It's like the wild west. If you are driving slow in the am you are the dangerous one.
I grew up down that way - you're not kidding. Minimum 75 mph, bumper to bumper, with basically no shoulder, and stone walls just a few feet from traffic.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I grew up down that way - you're not kidding. Minimum 75 mph, bumper to bumper, with basically no shoulder, and stone walls just a few feet from traffic.
2 years ago I drove that way down to New Rochelle for college and it's nuts. Could always tell the people that never drove on it before cause they would ride your ass and not realize that break checking the crap out of someone is normal in that part of NY :ROFLMAO:

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Damn I guess we ain’t sending it in the Broncos then

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Touche! But they did only make 1,383 of those
Pretty limited run, but a very cool car
I am not to sure about that. I have owned a couple of BMWs and installed tunes (piggyback type - Juicebox) and some do remove the limited speed on them. Miy regular run of the mill M4 was set at 155...

Sponsored

Brnco2.7

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks as though I will never find out what my limiter is set at.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks as though I will never find out what my limiter is set at.
I'm with you. the older I get, the faster vehicles I purchase and the slower I drive. None of my vehicles will see triple digits, I am sure they can, but driving fast on straight road is not particularly exciting to me and if I need to be someplace, I can leave earlier rather than burn down the highway stressed about cops or being late. I routinely run 500 mile days (occasionally double that), set the cruise to a few over, stay to the right, reduce speed and wait for an opening if I need to get in the passing lane as opposed to cutting people off. Low stress, good MPG, will run with traffic to avoid bottlenecks though. (my Subaru will get an honest 500 miles out of a tank if I set the cruise to 75 and just lean back to enjoy my tunes and cigars.) I get passed by the same people running 85 plus all the time, then they pass me again later after they stop for fuel and food and fall behind. Sometimes on a long trip, I will notice them blowing past me a third time (obviously major routes.) Someone might have a 30 minute shorter trip over 500 miles, but I leave an hour earlier then them, so...

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do the American manufactures add governors? Every Chevy and Ford I have owned has had one. Yet all the foreign cars I own, nothing....
My 2008 BMW 335 had an electronic governor.
Sponsored