Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, BMW M850i - both green /love
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey, anyone from the Raptor owners can share what is the top speed limit? With my current Wildtrak, I'm hitting the limiter at 163 kph (~101 mph), and to be honest, it's surprising how stable the car is given the 35" tires... it would easily go faster. So I'm curious what is the top speed on 37". Thanks
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
F150 raptor with 37s top speed is 112 mph. I assume the warthog would be under this due to a smaller engine

OP
OP
Bojler

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
F150 raptor with 37s top speed is 112 mph. I assume the warthog would be under this due to a smaller engine
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I don't think it's an engine limitation, but rather the tires limitation. Even the Wildtrak at that 101 mph would not have a problem going faster.

I will get my Raptor in about 4-5 weeks, so I will then test it and report back.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
As a rule of thumb do not go faster than what the tire is rated for. It does not matter what the drive train and engine will do if the tires can’t handle it.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I will get my Raptor in about 4-5 weeks, so I will then test it and report back.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It may be simply speed limited and not revs My OBX with 32's tops out at the same 101 mph

And, agree with you how stable and feeling not much different than 81 it is

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since I grew up when muscle cars made their debut my first thought would be how to defeat the speed limiter. Back then the speedo's went up to at least 120 and some up to 160 and you always attempted to bury them. My first car was a 59 ford with a police interceptor engine and it easily buried the speedo at 120. That was on bias tires, no seat belts, no air bags and so on.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tire rating has everything to do with what a manufacture limits top speed to.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bojler

Bojler

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you must speed, please do it responsibly, on the track.
I’m from Europe and testing this in Germany on no-limit highways. It’s not about driving like this under standard situations. Broncos are not build for this purpose. It’s out of curiosity, interesting to see the differences in comparison to the tires. In fact, I was expecting that it will go slower on 37”, not faster.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m from Europe and testing this in Germany on no-limit highways. It’s not about driving like this under standard situations. Broncos are not build for this purpose. It’s out of curiosity, interesting to see the differences in comparison to the tires. In fact, I was expecting that it will go slower on 37”, not faster.
Understand, when I saw you were from Europe, I understood your question only applies in context if you are running the Autobahn in Germany. In my travels though the UK, Italy, France and Germany, I never saw any other high speed roads.

But to get the context of the Darwin awards, we have people here in the US thinking the freeway is fine to run at 90-100mph. Their entertainment comes at the expense of the innocents they hit and kill. Regardless, if you want to speed, outside of the Autobahn, please visit you local European drag race track, it's a great sport to watch and/or participate in, NHRA here in the US.

car-crash-bridge.gif

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since I grew up when muscle cars made their debut my first thought would be how to defeat the speed limiter. Back then the speedo's went up to at least 120 and some up to 160 and you always attempted to bury them. My first car was a 59 ford with a police interceptor engine and it easily buried the speedo at 120. That was on bias tires, no seat belts, no air bags and so on.

That was back when crashes weren't as dangerous, playgrounds were paved and we all drank Tab....... :cool:

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it is electronically limited by the speedometer, I would think using Forescan to program in 30" tires, would be worth a shot.
Sponsored