Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the same thing and tried to switch. My dealer told me "Yes it may delay you a bit but trust me, you want to keep this hardtop. WHEN you will be able to get one, it will be crazy expensive." It may have delayed me 5 months but I'm so glad I stuck with the hardtop.
I wish I had your dealer, lol.
Sponsored

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That stinks. The water leaking leaking from the same spot (out of the A pillar trim) the TSB is supposed to address or somewhere else?
Yes, leaking from the seal at the front of the windshield, which is also the same seal that goes down the "A" pillar. no water intrusion on the sides near the top, so can only think it is coming from the very front and then drips from where the Side air bag seal is. Passenger side is worse, as it is getting behind the "A" pillar, and dripping at the bottom of the glove box.
The TSB was supposed to fix this, but the new seal is worse than the old one...... another 3.5 hours to change.... F*CK !!!

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Phil, on my old build sheet for 2021 the 2 tops MIC + soft top was $1795. Are you saying that the aftermarket hard top is $10K? From Ford? Thanks
Try to build a vehicle buying only aftermarket part and it will cost 10 times more than buying a new vehicle. It's the same concept.

I don't think the entire hardtop will cost that once they are able to sell it as they said in 2023 (if we are lucky enough to get by that date), my best guess is that it will cost similar to counterpart Mopar.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be honest, it fell right together, we didn’t adjust anything. Rained like crazy yesterday and no leaks. Taking a road trip today and we’ll see what the wind does.
What I really need to do is start going up the parts chain of command to see if there’s some sort of plan in the works for a “kit”. I hope they don’t run it through accessories because they are just a middleman.

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, leaking from the seal at the front of the windshield, which is also the same seal that goes down the "A" pillar. no water intrusion on the sides near the top, so can only think it is coming from the very front and then drips from where the Side air bag seal is. Passenger side is worse, as it is getting behind the "A" pillar, and dripping at the bottom of the glove box.
The TSB was supposed to fix this, but the new seal is worse than the old one...... another 3.5 hours to change.... F*CK !!!
They need to use a seam sealer on the foam gaps instead of the window ribbon crap.

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wish I had your dealer, lol.
I really lucked out. They truly do care for their customers.
This was a few months ago but they got a canceled bronco order and instead of marking it up, they called a person next on the list with a similar build and sold it to them at MSRP.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my top replaced and looks better than the 1.0.
Still has some of the same issues, but looks better/more uniform.
For giggles I googled the part numbers used.

M2DZ-7850196-AB Kit-Hard top roof
M2DZ-7829700-A Quarter Glass
M2DZ-7829701-A Quarter Glass

The site below has it at around 5200, prior to shipping, glass installation and tax.
I don't think you could actually order these, and there would be some other parts needed.
(liftgate, wiper motor, wiper)

https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-hard-top-roof-m2dz7850196ab
https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-glass-quarter-window-m2dz7829700a
https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-glass-quarter-window-m2dz7829701a

bhb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the same thing and tried to switch. My dealer told me "Yes it may delay you a bit but trust me, you want to keep this hardtop. WHEN you will be able to get one, it will be crazy expensive." It may have delayed me 5 months but I'm so glad I stuck with the hardtop.
Wish I had taken this advice. I wanted mine for summer. Not prepared to spend this kind of money on a hard top, so we'll see...

plogan1379

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got my top replaced and looks better than the 1.0.
Still has some of the same issues, but looks better/more uniform.
For giggles I googled the part numbers used.

M2DZ-7850196-AB Kit-Hard top roof
M2DZ-7829700-A Quarter Glass
M2DZ-7829701-A Quarter Glass

The site below has it at around 5200, prior to shipping, glass installation and tax.
I don't think you could actually order these, and there would be some other parts needed.
(liftgate, wiper motor, wiper)

https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-kit-hard-top-roof-m2dz7850196ab
https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-glass-quarter-window-m2dz7829700a
https://www.oemfordpartsfast.com/oem-parts/ford-glass-quarter-window-m2dz7829701a
I am wondering...does that kit come with everything needed except for the side and rear glass?

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That kit number (M2DZ-7850196-AB) is for the recall only and not available as a service part. At least not yet or could be the prelude for an accessory "kit" they offer in the future. It's a huge crate that has to go truck line and I'm not sure if the other panels are in there or shipped in individual boxes.

clos.hndz10

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dang, so the dealer saying we’ll honor the 695 price if you switch to a soft top is out. Lol
Sponsored