Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Took mine off here in Denver Saturday..put it back on Sunday….snow coming Wednesday. It’s awesomely easy!
A50913D9-9D18-4688-A1D3-33CA172B73BD.jpeg
Is the rear sittig higher then the front or is it just the camera angle? Mine sits basically flat so im curious
Sponsored

smahones

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is the rear sittig higher then the front or is it just the camera angle? Mine sits basically flat so im curious
Mostly camera angle but it does have the factory lift still that dips a tiny bit

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The bronco offers 2 safes. One in the center console. And one in the back of the truck where a spare tire is kept on a car. In the trunk. Lift up carpet scenario
And I have both 👍

Sponsored

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have been a Jeep owner since 2011. That being said - my Unlimited JK hardtop spends 6 months out of the year doorless and topless. On and off road, 60 mile + trips, you name it.

The weather finally permitted me to drop the top and pull the doors off my 4 door Badlands this last weekend and I drove the $#!t out of it.

The ease of door removal - both are very straight forward, the Jeep is a little easier with exposed hinges. The Bronco wasn't difficult , just restricted by the door. Still a quick transition and the Bronco doors are lighter and easier to carry. Ford also provides tools for removal - Jeep does not.

I can't compare tops, Badlands is a soft top and Jeep is a hardtop (I use a hoist).

Driving the completely open Jeep you experience a lot of turbulence from the almost 90 degree windshield. It's strong enough that at moderate speeds it's impossible to keep a hat on(cowboy or trucker). Conversation levels also have to be louder due to this issue. The Bronco has a much more aerodynamic windshield compared to the Jeep. The wind turbulence is minimal (even at 90MPH) - no losing trucker hat at all. Conversations can also be maintained at a normal level. My Jeep has an upgraded stereo so music at any speed is clear with full range of tones- Bronco however is not. At low speeds the Bronco (non lux) is okay - but road and tire noise does overwhelm it. The mirror situation is quite obvious - Jeep bring your own, Bronco has you covered.

The Wrangler does have a security option that I hope the Bronco adopts. A few companies offer an under front seat security drawer large enough for two handguns, $10,000 cash, and two extra handgun magazines. Unfortunately, the under seat vents in the Bronco might impede this type of security option.

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend of open vehicle driving in the Bronco and to be honest- everything is still off!!

tempImage2j1qCJ.png
Who carries $10 000 in cash! Post Covid.
Thanks for the comparisons.

Cheers

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And I have both 👍
do you like them how easy would it be to pull them out as a thief??

i have been eyeballing them thinking of buying but idk anyone who has em

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was out yesterday for about 200 miles without a top on and I was amazed at how calm things seemed inside while driving 75-80 mph.

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

do you like them how easy would it be to pull them out as a thief??

i have been eyeballing them thinking of buying but idk anyone who has em
the console safe you would have to destroy the console to remove it. Unless it’s unlocked.
the rear is better made than I thought it would be from ford but enough time or a pry bar it would probably pop open. A true thief is gonna get into to anything. But your average smash and grab and wants to move on I’m hoping will see these and pass.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds a lot easier than done. Had to take off my factory soft top to install the Bestop. It's a much heavier lift than it's played out to be and there isn't much margin of error to take it off without scraping paint (any more than it already does). My wife and I regularly work out and while we could take it on and off on a whim, I'm not sure I'd want to.
I think the big advantage of soft top is going topless without having to completely remove it. I know it will block rear view, but the side mirrors work really well. I've had my Bronco for thee weeks and have yet to unhook the top, looking forward to trying it out when the weather gets nicer.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can confirm it doesn't suck. Luckily, we get a week notice before it rains in SoCal. Got her buttoned back up. Drove around in a downpour to test the top after removing it and putting it back on. No leaks.

Best thing about no top and doors in SoCal???

Seeing the kids in the back of Teslas stare at my kid in the back of the Bronco with envy. Dads pretend not to look. Must be something more interesting on the "big screen" than having the entire world to look at. :ROFLMAO:

Ford Bronco Topless Doorless Experience Comparison Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler (by owner of both) PXL_20220325_235329654_2

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base