First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a Wrangler and currently have a Gladiator. Both came with tools for removing the doors.

I will say this. With both of my Jeeps, both hardtops, the ride with the freedom panels out and the doors off is for lack of a better term unpleasant. It's like driving though a hurricane. When I test drove a soft top Bronco there was no turbulence at all. Very smooth open air experience.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait, you roll around with $10k in your Jeep's lockbox under the driver seat??? If you lived anywhere but Texas I would offer to "test" the security of that box...
The lock box wouldn't o you any good around here. They'd just take the Bronco, scrap it for parts and tax the lock box.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been wondering...what happens when there's a flash rainstorm? Just pull over and get the top on as quickly as possible? Does a lot of water make it into the car with no doors (with roof on)?
you get wet

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Honestly you’re the smarter one here. The cop in me cringes when I see someone say they keep a gun and $10k in their open vehicle, safe or not.
Not sure why you'd leave the gun the locked in the car safe, might as well leave it at home. kind of defeats the purpose.

crazynova

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure why you'd leave the gun the locked in the car safe, might as well leave it at home. kind of defeats the purpose.
Agreed. The number one way criminals get guns is by stealing them from vehicles. Plus, if you think you have time to unlock a safe and retrieve your firearm, you don’t actually need it.

Sponsored

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want the open air experience I think there's two necessities. One is a washout floor. Two is a Bimini top. Then you can go completely naked, er, topless and doorless and then whip on the Bimini if you get rain.

Sponsored

RickEcon

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent Saturday and Sunday of last weekend with my four doors off and hardtop off (Badlands, lux, Sasquatch, 2.7L). I've never owned a Jeep Wrangler, but I love that there are two sets of removable hardtop panels over the first two rows of seats. Then the hardtop over the back is 10 bolts, and an easy washer fluid and electrical connector. Back doors were easy to remove (about 40lbs each), but front doors were quite a bit heavier. Still was straightforward to remove the doors myself. Top removal will be easy as soon as I install my hoist.

I absolutely loved driving the Bronco with the top and doors off. I love that there is no cross bar across the B pillars in the top of the frame. Huge open air above in the four-door. Sound was good. Loved it.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

FlyingScot

Wildtrak