First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I received an email from TopLift Pros this afternoon indicating that their Bronco 2dr top lift was not compatible with my installed Tuffy 2dr enclosure w/fixed lid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the RollnJack and a tight parking spot as well. With the top on, I typically back in the garage. But with it removed, I just pull in with the top up over the front of the Bronco. I'll post a photo next time I remove the top. Right now, Mother Nature won't let me. In the meantime, here are some photos removing the top. I preferred this over the Toplift for the design, ease of use, and it was slightly cheaper.

20230425_180941.jpg

20230429_135603.jpg

20230429_135617.jpg

20230429_135628.jpg

20230429_135727.jpg
Added photo in the garage for storage
Ford Bronco TopLift Pro vs. RollnJack 20230602_202558

drewski

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2012 Ford F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked at both. Watched some videos on the Rollin Jack and seemed there was a lot of cranking involved to get the top up.....a lot. Vs the Top lift which is just a push down and it's off. Liked the price of the Rollin Jack but not the mechanics. Bought a Top lift off FB market place for half price and looks new. Very happy with it, works slick.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Top lift is different for the 2dr. The arms need to be folded out in the vehicle between the roll bar and roof…a tight fit, especially by the satellite/gps antenna. It works well.

bsquatch

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Base Squatch, 22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had the RollNJack for my Wrangler and it was worth every penny having a hard top. I popped it on and off in 5-10 mins every time and was able to store it right in my driveway.

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here are a couple of pics. Looks like it might be a tight squeeze because of the fixed lid.

Sorry for the late reply got busy getting ready to go out of town. I dont think the tlp is gonna work with that lid.

20230602_182835.jpg

20230602_182841.jpg

20230602_182833.jpg

20230602_182844.jpg

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ended up getting the top lift pro - found a good deal on a used one. I was not sure about spending so much on the top lift pro, but at half price of new I decided to go for it. I have to say it works very well and i am super glad I bough it it.

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry for the late reply got busy getting ready to go out of town. I dont think the tlp is gonna work with that lid.

Ford Bronco TopLift Pro vs. RollnJack 20230602_182844

Thanks for the pics. Yeah, I don't see it working for me. I'm leaning towards a Harken hoist now. See if I still retain any high school woodshop skills from over 40 years ago.

8oncoPete

Raptor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor and 2024 BMW i7 / 2019 BMW X5m
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have the top lift and the reason I went with it over the RollNJack was the fact that the rear window can close on the top lift pro. On the RollNJack the back glass has to stay open taking up more space in the garage. Raptor with the standard top lift works just fine. I also have the slipstream and taking the lid off the security enclosure is simple and easy and can remove the top easily. I used to have the ford security cargo cover, and not as easy and pretty much needed to remove the whole thing in order for the top lift to function properly. The lift needs to start low in the cargo area.

mattsmeesh

Heritage
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I only have the RollnJack, but I really like it. My roof will not work for a hoist, and my wife has a bad shoulder so cannot help lift the back off.

I timed myself taking my roof off this weekend, and it took 9:38 to fully remove all of the pieces. The cranking up takes a minute, but it's not bad.

My only 2 complaints/observations:
1 - I have an aggregate driveway, so sometimes the jack wheels can get stuck on a rock and it shakes quite a bit while I pull it over.
2. I have the Mabett speaker pods, and I was rubbing the arms against the pods, which kinda scraped. I know to be careful now and it's not a problem, but just a heads up.

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I only have the RollnJack, but I really like it. My roof will not work for a hoist, and my wife has a bad shoulder so cannot help lift the back off.

I timed myself taking my roof off this weekend, and it took 9:38 to fully remove all of the pieces. The cranking up takes a minute, but it's not bad.

My only 2 complaints/observations:
1 - I have an aggregate driveway, so sometimes the jack wheels can get stuck on a rock and it shakes quite a bit while I pull it over.
2. I have the Mabett speaker pods, and I was rubbing the arms against the pods, which kinda scraped. I know to be careful now and it's not a problem, but just a heads up.
I think these would apply to the TLP as well. I do everything in my garage, so no issue with shaking. I have bumped it on the stock speaker pods before. Now I use those to get it lined up.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the toplift pro and got it $250 less than retail as they ran a special for Black Friday or Christmas (I can't remember). I can tell you that it's worth its weight in GOLD. I don't need any help removing or replacing the top. Now that center piece is kind of a two person thing, but I make do. Wait for a special and snag one. My 2 cents.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like $150 off the 4-door version right now...

Ford Bronco TopLift Pro vs. RollnJack tl

Jebster

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use the Venture Pro (https://topliftpros.com/products/venture-pro) and am able to angle one pair of the casters at almost 180 degrees so that the lift can get closer to the garage wall, and then drive/park the hood of the Bronco under the lifted rear cap, in order to fit comfortably into the garage and close the garage door.
You cant close the rear window, correct? So you can only get the cab as close to the wall as the open window allows? I like the version but for my garage I have to be able to park with the front of the bronco under the lifted top but the garage is also not deep.

Levinds

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cant close the rear window, correct? So you can only get the cab as close to the wall as the open window allows? I like the version but for my garage I have to be able to park with the front of the bronco under the lifted top but the garage is also not deep.
cannot close while on the lift.
Sponsored