First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright I keep going back and forth, originally I was going to get a 4 Door Big Bend, it won’t be used for much more than beach driving and maybe some really light trails. I know I didn’t need BL or WT and OBX is out of my price range. But after pricing out a BD and having the MGV and hose out interior would be nice and it doesn’t seem to be that much more than the BB. Any thoughts on the black diamond? The BB seems pretty straight forward and I did a lot of looking into it before I found this forum but might as well open it up to all y’all now.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alright I keep going back and forth, originally I was going to get a 4 Door Big Bend, it won’t be used for much more than beach driving and maybe some really light trails. I know I didn’t need BL or WT and OBX is out of my price range. But after pricing out a BD and having the MGV and hose out interior would be nice and it doesn’t seem to be that much more than the BB. Any thoughts on the black diamond? The BB seems pretty straight forward and I did a lot of looking into it before I found this forum but might as well open it up to all y’all now.
I was on BB until I discovered that BD interior and heard how great it is. That was the deal for me.

OP
OP

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was on BB until I discovered that BD interior and heard how great it is. That was the deal for me.
Yeah, my girlfriend heard about the interior and basically said “get that one” we have 2 dogs who we take to streams a lot, I’ll have this car long enough kids will eventually be involved, and I’ll be using it on the OBX a few times a year so being able to hose it out is a HUGE plus.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

MGoMike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same. I've been a BB from the beginning, but I think I'm coming around to the BD. I'm definitely trying to keep costs as low as I can and still have everything I want/need, but the more and more I think about it, it just seems that whatever the small amount extra per month its going to be, it'll be worth it to just go BD. I'm not someone who generally dwells on things, and it doesn't take much to make me happy, but I think I would feel like I'd always kind of wished I went BD.

I haven't been impressed much with any of the interiors (not counting the leather that isn't in my budget anyway), but the MGV seems like the best. I'd prefer a carpeted interior but I don't have one now in my Ranger, so whatevs. Im intrigued by the steelies, I like the option of the advanced 4x4, and since I'm not going squatch, I think I like the stance of the BD a little better. I'm not knocking the Base or OBX for those who like those, but the BB's posture seems a lot like those and it just isn't quite my taste. I know the BD isn't a whole lot different but to me it just seems a little more 'rugged'.

I do really like the BB grille though, but I'll try to get one later I guess. Its been a long road to get to BD, but I think I'm there at this point.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BB v BD .. No interest in sig lights, nice tho. The MGV is a must have for me unless better color options become available at the update ... other than interior ,wheel options, grill color and sig lights ... cant think of anything else that separates the 2 ...

OP
OP

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was torn between the 2 as well... once I was done. for the $ this was the perfect build for ur needs. cause they exactly like mine. Jersey Shore Beaches & a lil muddin... here u go..

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/exterior/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|322A.E5D..NE...96B.AAMBA.47B.D5HAB.60R.63C.RET.EMT.99P.64H.]?intcmp=fv-modselect-bb-bpconfig-bronco
that’s a pretty decent build, I do want a hard top, and actually like the Steelies but other than that I’m leaning towards something similar for sure!

OP
OP

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same. I've been a BB from the beginning, but I think I'm coming around to the BD. I'm definitely trying to keep costs as low as I can and still have everything I want/need, but the more and more I think about it, it just seems that whatever the small amount extra per month its going to be, it'll be worth it to just go BD. I'm not someone who generally dwells on things, and it doesn't take much to make me happy, but I think I would feel like I'd always kind of wished I went BD.

I haven't been impressed much with any of the interiors (not counting the leather that isn't in my budget anyway), but the MGV seems like the best. I'd prefer a carpeted interior but I don't have one now in my Ranger, so whatevs. Im intrigued by the steelies, I like the option of the advanced 4x4, and since I'm not going squatch, I think I like the stance of the BD a little better. I'm not knocking the Base or OBX for those who like those, but the BB's posture seems a lot like those and it just isn't quite my taste. I know the BD isn't a whole lot different but to me it just seems a little more 'rugged'.

I do really like the BB grille though, but I'll try to get one later I guess. Its been a long road to get to BD, but I think I'm there at this point.
Yeah cost is the big thing, right now I’m thinking BD with MIC top, and Mid package (those are my must haves) my B&P basically brought the BD with those options and the 2.3L to the same price as the BB but with the 2.7. So I just need to decide if I want to spend that extra on the 2.7 which, I probably do. I drive a 6MT car now and love it but I’m ready for a regular automatic trans at this point.

MGoMike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah cost is the big thing, right now I’m thinking BD with MIC top, and Mid package (those are my must haves) my B&P basically brought the BD with those options and the 2.3L to the same price as the BB but with the 2.7. So I just need to decide if I want to spend that extra on the 2.7 which, I probably do. I drive a 6MT car now and love it but I’m ready for a regular automatic trans at this point.
Yeah that's basically what I've come down to, whether or not I want the 2.3 or 2.7. I'm AT either way. Of course I'd like the 2.7, but I'm not sure it is as important to me as some of the other factors. If I had to have the 2.7 I'd probably go BB.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah that's basically what I've come down to, whether or not I want the 2.3 or 2.7. I'm AT either way. Of course I'd like the 2.7, but I'm not sure it is as important to me as some of the other factors. If I had to have the 2.7 I'd probably go BB.
Isn’t it only a 300 dollar difference at that point? AT is 1595 and the 2.7 which automatically adds the AT and IIRC I don’t think it adds 3k doing that.

WillyS

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I reserved a BB but will order a BD. Steel bumpers, the MGV interior and the steelies make the difference. Not a fan of the BB wheels. I would have to replace @ $200+ per wheel. I can like the steelies forever.

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
that’s a pretty decent build, I do want a hard top, and actually like the Steelies but other than that I’m leaning towards something similar for sure!
Cant just pull hardtop back & cruise in the sun like soft top. Steelies look good
. but those High Gloss look awesome...

MGoMike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Isn’t it only a 300 dollar difference at that point? AT is 1595 and the 2.7 which automatically adds the AT and IIRC I don’t think it adds 3k doing that.
Doesn't seem to be on the B&P? Maybe there is still a bug or something? I think this came up in some threads a while ago. On my B&P, the AT is included w/ the 2.3 and its another $1895 to go to the 2.7. If that's an error then the 2.7 makes a lot more sense.
Sponsored