Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I actually saw the Northern Lights for the first time in my life! It was a bucket list item that I thought I would have to travel somewhere far north to see.
My first AK trip, I had always assumed that the Aurora was there every night so I picked a random day to fly to Fairbanks. The taxi told me that they hadn't seen it in weeks and I was pretty bummed, but somewhere in the -40F temps up at Murphy Dome at 3am, I got this on my GoPro:
Ford Bronco Toronto to Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon and Back in The Hulk Badlands Bronco GOPR1692.JPG

And this one a stranger took for me:
Ford Bronco Toronto to Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon and Back in The Hulk Badlands Bronco DSC01759.JPG

What tailgate kit did you install?
From what I understand, most are capable of holding 40" tires, and by the looks of it you're on 35s so you could easily carry 7 gallons with you on the tires.
All you'd need is one of these to use on your current mount, and one of these to combine the 2 gallon tanks on 1 side.

I currently have the 3 gal on the tailgate and two-2 gal waters on the side... might have to add 1 more fuel tank with an extension, just in case.
Hoping to drive up to Banff and back down to LA in November.
Ford Bronco Toronto to Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon and Back in The Hulk Badlands Bronco PhotoGrid_Plus_1662327305363

But might try to follow your path once I get up there...

I gotta say, those amber DRLs are so awesome. I think the combo white halo/amber DRL looks 100x better than all white, and 110x better the all amber!
Sponsored

CA.BRONC

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What a trip!

25k+ miles! Impressive man.

I wish my wildtrak could run the ambers as running lights like yours.

Happy adventuring

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After my "warmup" trip through Labrador and Newfoundland in July, it was time to really see what the The Hulk and I can really handle. Had some butt puckering moments along the way but 16 days, 14671Km later, we both survived and got back in one piece.

Trip counter rolled over:
Ford Bronco Toronto to Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon and Back in The Hulk Badlands Bronco PhotoGrid_Plus_1662327305363

Banff area:

Spray Lakes area(Highway 742)

I'm happy to say, this was really the only damage I suffered through out the whole trip (so far as I can tell so far). I was also expecting these to cause me some trouble. I had noticed that these M&R fog lights had come loose from some previous high speed off-roading. I was going to fix this issue before I left on the trip but didn't have the time. I did come prepared and quickly fixed it with some zip ties and tape. Two of the other lights were loose as well.

Canmore:

Cline River:

Ice Fields Parkway:

At the Athabasca Glacier viewing area all by my self (around 7 am). Not a single person showed up till about 30-40 mins after I got here. I had the whole place to my self. It was a little eerie but peaceful.

Bear Glacier:

Stewart, BC:

Salmon Glacier:

Yellowhead Highway:

Dempster Highway/Tombstone Territorial Park
This place was simply gorgeous. I don't know what it looks like during summer but I feel like I picked the perfect time to visit. I didn't want to leave...

This is as far as I went. I wish I had 3-4 more days of vacation so I can drive all the way up to Tuktoyaktuk and dip my feet in the Arctic ocean.

A reminder that this highway is not to be taken lightly.

Thankfully Jasper opened up on my way back. The Chetamon wildfires had caused power outages and I had to avoid staying here on my way to the Yukon.

I have a large amount of videos/drone footage to go through. Hopefully ill update this thread with a video.
Wow! That must've been fun! How long did it take for you to upload those pics? 🤣

OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first AK trip, I had always assumed that the Aurora was there every night so I picked a random day to fly to Fairbanks. The taxi told me that they hadn't seen it in weeks and I was pretty bummed, but somewhere in the -40F temps up at Murphy Dome at 3am, I got this on my GoPro:

And this one a stranger took for me:

What tailgate kit did you install?
From what I understand, most are capable of holding 40" tires, and by the looks of it you're on 35s so you could easily carry 7 gallons with you on the tires.
All you'd need is one of these to use on your current mount, and one of these to combine the 2 gallon tanks on 1 side.

I currently have the 3 gal on the tailgate and two-2 gal waters on the side... might have to add 1 more fuel tank with an extension, just in case.
Hoping to drive up to Banff and back down to LA in November.

But might try to follow your path once I get up there...

I gotta say, those amber DRLs are so awesome. I think the combo white halo/amber DRL looks 100x better than all white, and 110x better the all amber!
That looks amazing! I kind of regret not getting out of the car and taking some better videos/photos but I couldn't find a safe spot to stop.

I think I might get the extension as you suggested. My worry is not so much driving on normal roads but the pothole ridden, washboard like roads that create a crazy amount of vibrations (like the ones that caused the fog lights to come loose).

Love the colour combo on your Bronco btw. That thing looks ready to go anywhere!

OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What a trip!

25k+ miles! Impressive man.

I wish my wildtrak could run the ambers as running lights like yours.

Happy adventuring
25k km so far and about 21k of that has been from trip to Newfoundland & Labrado and this Yukon trip :)

You should do the FORScan mod if you feel comfortable. If you are somewhat tech savvy it will be very easy to do and well worth it. I turned off the annoying double honk, enabled sport mode (even though I never use it) and enabled the amber DRL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! That must've been fun! How long did it take for you to upload those pics? 🤣
I had over a 100gb of photos and videos between my phone/drone/GoPro that I uploaded as soon as I got home. That did take a while and I still haven't gone through all of them :(

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That looks amazing! I kind of regret not getting out of the car and taking some better videos/photos but I couldn't find a safe spot to stop.

I think I might get the extension as you suggested. My worry is not so much driving on normal roads but the pothole ridden, washboard like roads that create a crazy amount of vibrations (like the ones that caused the fog lights to come loose).

Love the colour combo on your Bronco btw. That thing looks ready to go anywhere!
I'm all show, no go... Completely stock minus the aesthetic add ons! Honestly, just wanted to see what I needed to upgrade as I hit trails and so far, nothing seems to get in my way so I've been quite content with the stock Sasquatch suspension and tires. It's definitely the most capable vehicle out of the box.

What I might suggest is to air down the spare a bit and tighten the straps as much as you can, and take it for a spin on some bumpy dirt roads, see if they rotated at at all. I suspect they won't, with only about 20 lbs per each side of the tire added.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The jerry can mount is an EZ Rack from Rock slide Engineering (https://rockslideengineering.com/product/ez-rack-kit/) with 2x RotopaX 2 gallon FulepaX + 2x DLX fuel mounts.
I'm trying to put something together but I'm a complete noob when it comes to video editing. It will take a bit of time.
[/QUOTE]
If you are using a Mac, go with final cut Express or iMovie. If you are using PC go with premier. All three are super capable and real user friendly.

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely beautiful scenery.👍

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic trip & photos. Well done.

May I inquire how you manage to fit / sleep inside the vehicle? Even with a rear seat delete that’s gotta be snug.

I’m waiting on a nearly identical build. I dropped the mod bumper many months ago hoping to receive a build date. Like so many others, no luck yet. Here’s to 23.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you are using a Mac, go with final cut Express or iMovie. If you are using PC go with premier. All three are super capable and real user friendly.
Thanks!

May I inquire how you manage to fit / sleep inside the vehicle? Even with a rear seat delete that’s gotta be snug.

I’m waiting on a nearly identical build. I dropped the mod bumper many months ago hoping to receive a build date. Like so many others, no luck yet. Here’s to 23.
I'll get a photo of the setup so you can see how it is but yeah a bit snug. I'm only 5'7" so I sleep perfectly fine :) I was supposed to have a roof carrier so that I can have more room inside but the roof rails didn't come in until I was on my trip (waited 3.5 months!).

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After my "warmup" trip through Labrador and Newfoundland in July, it was time to really see what the The Hulk and I can really handle. Had some butt puckering moments along the way but 16 days, 14671Km later, we both survived and got back in one piece.

Trip counter rolled over:

Banff area:

Spray Lakes area(Highway 742)

I'm happy to say, this was really the only damage I suffered through out the whole trip (so far as I can tell so far). I was also expecting these to cause me some trouble. I had noticed that these M&R fog lights had come loose from some previous high speed off-roading. I was going to fix this issue before I left on the trip but didn't have the time. I did come prepared and quickly fixed it with some zip ties and tape. Two of the other lights were loose as well.

Canmore:

Cline River:

Ice Fields Parkway:

At the Athabasca Glacier viewing area all by my self (around 7 am). Not a single person showed up till about 30-40 mins after I got here. I had the whole place to my self. It was a little eerie but peaceful.

Bear Glacier:

Stewart, BC:

Salmon Glacier:

Yellowhead Highway:

Dempster Highway/Tombstone Territorial Park
This place was simply gorgeous. I don't know what it looks like during summer but I feel like I picked the perfect time to visit. I didn't want to leave...

This is as far as I went. I wish I had 3-4 more days of vacation so I can drive all the way up to Tuktoyaktuk and dip my feet in the Arctic ocean.

A reminder that this highway is not to be taken lightly.

Thankfully Jasper opened up on my way back. The Chetamon wildfires had caused power outages and I had to avoid staying here on my way to the Yukon.

I have a large amount of videos/drone footage to go through. Hopefully ill update this thread with a video.
Continue to rock sir. 🤘

OP
OP
thehulk

thehulk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E63S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope this helps. That's a 4" thick foldable mattress on top of a small platform I built to match the height of the folded down seats. I have the seat cushions removed to make things perfectly flat. One of the few times being short is actually beneficial :)
Ford Bronco Toronto to Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon and Back in The Hulk Badlands Bronco sleep2

Ford Bronco Toronto to Tombstone Territorial Park, Yukon and Back in The Hulk Badlands Bronco sleep1

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was camping (sleeping in truck) every other day.
This being a 2D, curious as to what your setup was. Did you remove back seats and possibly passenger seat to get enough space to stretch out? Thanks for posting. Looks like an a great trip.
Sponsored