Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
So had this shit blow thru over night...
Ford Bronco Torrential downpour and MIC 2.0 Screenshot_20211211-041647_MyRadar

Could not see ANY water on the inside! 👍🏻
On my drive to work however, I noticed a few drops of water land on the inside of the rear window....
🤷
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you removed the top since you got it? My dad is one of those old heads that thinks if you remove t-tops or any kind of roof it automatically leaks afterward. He won't remove the top to his Vette so the first thing I do when I get it for a year while family is in Thailand is pull the top off. It's sitting in garage now topless, lol.
IMG_20210418_162509.jpg

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you removed the top since you got it? My dad is one of those old heads that thinks if you remove t-tops or any kind of roof it automatically leaks afterward. He won't remove the top to his Vette so the first thing I do when I get it for a year while family is in Thailand is pull the top off. It's sitting in garage now topless, lol.
Ford Bronco Torrential downpour and MIC 2.0 IMG_20210418_162509
Interesting how the first thing you do when your father trusts you with his corvette is betray that trust ;)

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s a Bronco. A few drops will be ok.

Maybe check the rear window seal for dust just the same and keep an eye on it. Also check the floor / carpet in the back in case it needs to be dried.

Hoss360

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had no issues while driving in the rain, but it rained when it was parked at work... I believe a little puddled on the roof. As soon as I started moving forward, it started dripping at my aux switches

20211206_153458.jpg

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rain stopped... Now we have wind! Up to 90km/h gusts 😩
I feel like I have the same storm going thru on the left coast right now. Lol Mind you, all it does here is storm lately. 😬

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think that part of the charm and uniqueness of owning a bronco or jeep or any convertible off road vehicle is that your going to get wet, dirty or, otherwise uncomfortable because you are able to go somewhere your wife’s Lexus can’t go.

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We had one hell of a downpour last night here in Wentzville, MO. My soft top bronco is still at the local rail yard with about 20 others. Very curious to see how they all did. Lol.

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t gotten my hands on an actual Bronco with an MIC top yet, but I assume the seams must seal with gaskets in some fashion.
From my experience with dive gear I’ve learned that the smallest pieces of debris can cause catastrophic failure in an o-ring or gasket.
I doubt the roof panels will be as susceptible, but I would suggest that when reinstalling your roof panels you check the seams to make sure nothing is undermining the seal.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Torrential downpour and MIC 2.0 20211206_153458

I was afraid of that too, but mine is now a fair amount quiter since removing and reinstalling all the panels. Trying a car wash today.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was afraid of that too, but mine is now a fair amount quiter since removing and reinstalling all the panels. Trying a car wash today.
That's actually what I think many of the rattle or noise complaints stem from is either the factory or owner half assing installing their tops.
Sponsored