First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco just survived its first rain storm, but I had leaking on the driver side. Was dripping out of the the side curtain airbag area on the sport bar between A and B pillar.

Sounds like yours is doing better than mine!
Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think that part of the charm and uniqueness of owning a bronco or jeep or any convertible off road vehicle is that your going to get wet, dirty or, otherwise uncomfortable because you are able to go somewhere your wifeā€™s Lexus canā€™t go.
Noā€¦this notion that an off road vehicle should lack quality and be uncomfortable is unacceptable imo, esp when some of these vehicles cost $50k-$60k. Sorry but there is nothing charming or unique abt a $60k vehicle with a rattling leaking, deteriorating top.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco just survived its first rain storm, but I had leaking on the driver side. Was dripping out of the the side curtain airbag area on the sport bar between A and B pillar.

Sounds like yours is doing better than mine!
Report that to Ford directly & your dealer.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just replaced the mic 1.0 with the "upgraded"mic2.0 at work yesterday,going on a 500km roadtrip today should be a good test.(-10c but at least no more snow today:))

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The roof on the Bronco is designed to leak to give you the outdoor, back to nature feel. The rattles are for the retro feel.

Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Noā€¦this notion that an off road vehicle should lack quality and be uncomfortable is unacceptable imo, esp when some of these vehicles cost $50k-$60k. Sorry but there is nothing charming or unique abt a $60k vehicle with a rattling leaking, deteriorating top.
Itā€™s not a quality issue. They have to design them to flex and bend. Hate to see what you say after 100 miles in open desert. I attended all of the bronco events. Off roadeo. Bronco mtn. And bronco test drive. They were all dirty noisy and still wonderful to drive. If I were you Iā€™d stick with the Lexus suv

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s not a quality issue. They have to design them to flex and bend. Hate to see what you say after 100 miles in open desert. I attended all of the bronco events. Off roadeo. Bronco mtn. And bronco test drive. They were all dirty noisy and still wonderful to drive. If I were you Iā€™d stick with the Lexus suv
Itā€™s definitely a quality issue. Ford decided to go with a cheap top and these are the results. If it was supposed to be that way, there wouldnā€™t be a 2.0. I will keep my Lexus, get a Bronco and continue to point out areas where I think Ford can do better, b/c if we keep excusing them theyā€™ll keep serving us BS on a platter.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are two extremes on these forums, people who think every flaw can be overlooked because "it's an off-road vehicle" and people who expect rolls royce build quality because a bronco costs 60 grand.

I don't believe expecting a roof to keep the elements off of you is an unreasonable expectation.

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are two extremes on these forums, people who think every flaw can be overlooked because "it's an off-road vehicle" and people who expect rolls royce build quality because a bronco costs 60 grand.

I don't believe expecting a roof to keep the elements off of you is an unreasonable expectation.
A leaking roof is not a surprise if you have ever been in the jeep community. This is the segment. Itā€™s incredibly difficult to build this roof. But hey keep arguing.
https://jeepkingdom.com/how-to-stop-your-jeep-wrangler-roof-from-leaking/

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The roof on the Bronco is designed to leak to give you the outdoor, back to nature feel. The rattles are for the retro feel.
Funny, but leave the old ones out of it. The only rattle my '75 has is the rear hatch handle if I don't lock it. The top itself has always been solid and has no leaks.

Sponsored

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So had this shit blow thru over night...
Screenshot_20211211-041647_MyRadar.jpg

Could not see ANY water on the inside! šŸ‘šŸ»
On my drive to work however, I noticed a few drops of water land on the inside of the rear window....
šŸ¤·
Might need to add a trigger warning to the title of this thread. "MIC 2.0" sets people off. šŸ˜‚

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I remember before deliveries started when people here were saying the Bronco would be so much better than all those leaky Jeeps šŸ˜‚
Sponsored