Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read a report from a Ford rep the stated that they had 100,000 firm orders to date, not sure how accurate that is, but it is a heck of a lot of orders for a vehicle that isn't even in consumers hands yet.

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not converted my reservation into an order since I was informed by Ford my vehicle was already placed in the MY22 slot. I was told to wait until the 22 options, colors etc are announced and then order. I was told my place in the “ mysterious “ line will be maintained.
Any idea when the MY22 options will be released?

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any idea when the MY22 options will be released?
No, but MY22 change over will occur in early December, so they'll need enough lead time for all of us to update our leftover orders to the MY22 options, and have them in the queue early enough to schedule and start production right away in mid December.

My money is sometime in the late Fall, when the last of the MY21 orders have have all been scheduled so those people are locked into their builds when the MY22 options announced.

Sponsored

bigjwalt

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, but MY22 change over will occur in early December, so they'll need enough lead time for all of us to update our leftover orders to the MY22 options, and have them in the queue early enough to schedule and start production right away in mid December.

My money is sometime in the late Fall, when the last of the MY21 orders have have all been scheduled so those people are locked into their builds when the MY22 options announced.
So I guess it is safe to say, if you place a MY21 order and MY22 has a color you like better, you will NOT be allowed to change your order?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I guess it is safe to say, if you place a MY21 order and MY22 has a color you like better, you will NOT be allowed to change your order?
If you place an order for MY21, but they don't get to your build by the time MY22 ordering opens, you'll be able to / be required to, resubmit your order... including any options that become available in MY22.

No different than changing your order now to any options that are available in MY21.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have an actual total of how many Bronco reservations Ford has received as of April 2021? I just read an article where Ford expects to only produce 33% of reservations in the model year 21. Full production appears to be designated for August. I am guessing 65,000 units by the end of December at best. That leaves a whole bunch of us in the MY 22 line if this is indeed the case.
Ford is reporting Q1 earnings TODAY after market close - imagine they'll have something about Bronco in that report.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I saw around 130k or so converted orders...maybe someone has a better number. One guy speculated they can build 139k by december if all goes well. Right now its anyones guess.
They can only build 160k per year at MAP that is running at full steam ahead!
Neither of those numbers is correct. :)

Ford cannot build 139K Broncos by December. The exact math is a bit complicated, with the exact start date unknown, the exact end date before cutover to MY'22 unknown and that there is a planned ramp-up from 350 units per shift to 600 units per shift (full production) from May to August. And that doesn't consider any supply constraints.

Though there will be two shifts and an expected 600 units per shift at full capacity, we must remember that Ford will need to produce >100,000 Rangers annually on that production line, which is a significant portion of one of those shifts. If Ford can build half of the Broncos that @hemiblas stated, that would be an excellent outcome.

Conversely, Ford's capacity is currently about 150K units annually at MAP, but it is adding a second shift for Bronco, so total production capability will double (again, not considering any supply constraints). This suggests that Ford should be able to fill all backorders and provide dealer stock in MY'22. There's no real way to know how many people who would like a '21 will get a '22 since Ford encouraged people who wanted a '22 to place an order. So the "more than 100,000 orders" that Ford has quoted includes a significant number of '22s.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont even know what "my place in line" means anymore🤪
It means you have a slightly better chance than someone who does have a place in line.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is reporting Q1 earnings TODAY after market close - imagine they'll have something about Bronco in that report.
No Bronco profit without Bronco Orders and fulfillment. Only in gov't mystical accounting could you book the encumbered 'income'....lol

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
All I know is I have a reservation, and my local dealer thinks I "might" be able to order in September.

You are not supposed to be able to order unless you did so by the 3/19 cutoff, but apparently some folks are able to?

Or is this a dealer allocation thing? My two closest dealers got 160 allocations each, and around 450 reservations.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last I saw around 130k or so converted orders...maybe someone has a better number. One guy speculated they can build 139k by december if all goes well. Right now its anyones guess.
Ford already gave us the estimate on the number of Broncos they can build in MY21. It was in the chart someone posted on the priority orders. The chart said 3,104 broncos is 5.1% of MY 21 allocation.
A little math, which I think is correct, get's you to a more realistic number that has been thrown around here before, ~60,000.
100%/5.1%=19.6
3104*19.6 = 60,862 MY21 broncos

I'm guessing commodity restricted Bronco reservations will be built all through Q1 of '22, maybe even Q2. Non-commodity restricted Bronco reservations will be competed before then, so we'll see dealer stock (of builds commodity restricted reservation holders don't want) on lots before all reservation holders have purchased their Broncos.

As for our 'place in line' with respect to reservation timestamp, the reality is that is a minor factor into when you get your Bronco built. Besides commodity constraints, you have a scheduling system that has to take into account trim, options, colors, and region. Our reservation timestamp will only put us in front of a small percentage of other reservation holders, not all 100k+ across the country.
Ford said this, but not very well. They glossed over the scheduling system and emphasized the Broncos will be build in order of reservation timestamp. Honoring the reservation timestamp is still a good thing, as it takes away the ability of not-so-honorable dealers of entering Bronco orders in order of who pays the most, or who is a VIP customer. To make up for this, Ford gave (most? some? all?) of the first month of Bronco builds to dealer VIP's.
Actually, the second month (June). The first month (May) goes to dealer demo units.

Last edited:

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont even know what "my place in line" means anymore🤪
To carry on the restaurant analogy, some people are a party of 10 waiting on a table, and getting mad when a couple that showed up after them gets put at a 2-seater quicker.

The restaurant going strictly in arrival order would mean that tiny 2-seat table sat open for a long time, needlessly.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To carry on the restaurant analogy, some people are a party of 10 waiting on a table, and getting mad when a couple that showed up after them gets put at a 2-seater quicker.

The restaurant going strictly in arrival order would mean that tiny 2-seat table sat open for a long time, needlessly.
That's not a good analogy. We're all, or the vast majority of us, are waiting patiently in line for one vehicle. The goal posts keep getting moved and the field keeps getting longer.
Sponsored