First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This may have worked before but are you sure it will work in the future? Once the Bronco comes out, I would expect an increase of used Jeeps on the dealer lots. There is a chance that it could effect used Jeep prices. Just something to think about.
Can't predict the future, but I don't see Jeep pricing going down that much. None of my friends that have Jeeps are getting rid of them to get a Bronco. It would be interesting to know how many people are getting rid of a Wrangler to get a Bronco.
I get the feeling that a huge percentage of Bronco buyers are getting their first "off-road" vehicle. I could be very wrong, wouldn't be the first time. We will see in about 10 months.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shit man glad you’re ok! I’m about to go buy an old beater Jeep Wrangler or XJ to tide me over until my Bronco arrives. And to just have a beater off-roader for the future.

I had the same thought last year when buying my wrangler and figuring I’d trade it in. The problem is that you get hosed one way or another. If you trade it in to the dealership you save on taxes but get screwed on the value. (Jeeps especially have a huge disconnect between trade value and private value. My Jeep is $9k trade in $15kish private) or if you sell it private party, you both can’t have it financed (I paid mine off with a personal loan to get the title) and you also have to pay taxes twice. So that’s why I’m just cutting my losses and stacking cash until then.

Last edited: