First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
An unlucky young lady failed to yield to stop sign at a t intersection a few weeks ago and I couldn't evade. Grateful for no critical injuries but bronco was a total loss

Insurance appraisal was fair and I expect to be funded in next few days

My frugal side says buy a Kia and keep the ADM I didn't have to pay last year when my reservation came in

But sentimental side says get another bronco

In stock options are slim locally, (overpriced), and at some point insurance will cut off the rental

Not looking for sympathy but what say ye; any tips?

20220906_125511.jpg
20220906_125555.jpg
Ford Bronco Totaled my favorite truck ever horse-woman
You got knocked off your horse you get back on that pony..........!!!!
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only way it would make sense is if you had a lift, access to parts at cost, technical knowledge, and frame machine at your disposal.
This and more. Not everyone lives where they can have a project like that. I in a retirement community where some have garages, but most have carports and the rules are, no working on your vehicles in the carports; I'm not even allowed do an oil change in my own carport. Can I get away with an oil change if no "busybody" sees me, sure, but bring in a project like that and security would be all over it.

My last home had only 140 sq ft "motorcycle/snowblower garage" but not big enough to store and work on a project like this. So, you need to consider if you can even store and work on such a project.

It still really bothers me that I had to get rid of my beloved Tacoma when it's engine failed , I was moving from my home (too many things to deal with) and had no place to store it while I figured it out. Add that the truck (at the time) was valued at about $5,500 running, but the engine replacement was going to be $6,500. I was going to have to pay $6,500 to end up with a $5,500 truck.

Fast forward to months later, and due to the used car market going crazy, that same truck was worth $10,000; adding insult to injury.

Last edited:

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My plan would be to get a hold over car that won't lose too much value or is cheap that I will turn in or sell later. While I'm waiting for order banks to open up, I'd start looking for a dealership that has a good order/allocation ratio. This might take some research to figure out cause it's not exactly publicized but you might be able to find places that recently had orders that were fulfilled really quickly and sold at MSRP. That's where I'd put my order down.
I'm not paying an admin for a Bronco. Everyone says that the market value is high but I'm part of the market and I say they're not worth that much so in a way I've helped the price stay lower. :LOL: Sooo..... we should stop paying that much....everyone.... just don't pay that much. Stop it.

Ford Bronco Totaled my favorite truck ever stop-it-help-meme

Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Glad to hear no one (Human) was injured, just totally bummed out to hear your Bronco was!!
I bought a VW Golf 4-door 6-speed to drive while I waited 14 months for my bronco to be built.
I am another vote for ordering a Bronco the way you want it & am in agreement to buy a commuter car until it gets here. I am now actually thinking of ordering a BD with the advanced 4wd non-Sasquach option? If I do there will eventually be another Base model out on the used market? Crazy times are for crazy people like me! :p

Always remember: 'Life is short, but Broncos are cool!'

frdfan

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB Sasquatch HPRM
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A coworker contacted local area dealers to see if they had any stock units on order and if they'd be open to earmarking it for him, they did and they let him add/change some of the options. He did this at the end of August and already has a build week for mid-October.

It could be worth the leg work if you did some calling of area dealers. Just throwing it out as a possible solution.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still waiting to hear what "Buy Back" number they give you........

Havok

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

An unlucky young lady failed to yield to stop sign at a t intersection a few weeks ago and I couldn't evade. Grateful for no critical injuries but bronco was a total loss

My frugal side says buy a Kia and keep the ADM I didn't have to pay last year when my reservation came in

In stock options are slim locally, (overpriced), and at some point insurance will cut off the rental

20220906_125511.jpg
20220906_125555.jpg
Your insurance is obligated to settle a total loss for what it costs to buy the same model/mileage as yours. MSRP of a new one one has no bearing in this. So you need to provide them with comparables for sale in your area and they need to match that. So shouldn’t be a choice you have to make. Lot of other unknowns here but I work in insurance and that’s what I’d be doing with my carrier if mine were totaled.

Good luck with getting a proper settlement.

Sponsored

titleistforged

Base
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base, 2015 991.1 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man that sucks. If I had to re-buy a similar vehicle more easily, it'd have to be a Jeep. and It won't be the same.

Mariposap75

Wildtrak
First Name
Chanelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Totaled my favorite truck ever 1664559852573
Ford Bronco Totaled my favorite truck ever 1664559852573
Bummer! Glad to hear everyone was okay. I always said if this happened to be, F150 all day or get a nice used car and try to order the Braptor or another Bronco. The problem is the WT won’t be like the ‘21 models and no FE’s available, unless you get lucky. If you get the Kia, go with the Telluride, the blacked out one; those were nice or a 4Runner! No it’s not a Bronco but those were my choices before my Bronco arrived. Good luck to you and let us know what you ended up getting!

BroncoForU

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend