Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No click bait, just some recommendations. A lot of folks seem to be dropping their tow package and I have read and watched a lot of folks vidoes on installs for the bolt on hitch and plug and play harnesses. Thanks to all who have posted those. There are multiple threads so figured posting this indepently would reach more folks.

Now this may have already been mentioned as I didn't read through every post in every thread but for those running power lines under your rig I would advise putting some type of wire loom over the power wire running to the front battery terminal. Lot's of places for it to rub and get hot down below. I saw more than one being done this way with raw power wire zip tied to random components and I would not recommend it. It would be beneficial to run that power wire through the cab, under the side trim plastics instead of under the truck. Maybe a fused 8 gauge from the battery to the back and then a small power distribution block so you can use that power for other things in the future as well.

I also saw multiple videos with the wiring being run from light to light OUTSIDE the vehicle. You can route the harness inside the Bronco, coming out by the tail lights through the back side and wire up your control box behind the panels so it is out of the elements and away from the exhaust. Since it's a single wire running across the back that would be no problem to tuck under a plastic trim piece and plenty of room behind the side panels for the controller.

Just a quick bit of advice for long term hassle free wiring.
Sponsored