First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Appreciate the help. MY23 has a different connector with 12 total pins and different pin locations for the OEM wiring harness. Shown below as Pins 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12. I verified again that they are in the right slots.

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 20230721_143219
Sponsored

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll have to recheck Forscan in the non As-Built modules and run a search for tow/trailer/etc and just enable everything.

FordTorino93 - Did you run into any errors when you mass enabled? Were there things that you may have had to disable afterwards as they caused issues/errors?

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'll have to recheck Forscan in the non As-Built modules and run a search for tow/trailer/etc and just enable everything.

FordTorino93 - Did you run into any errors when you mass enabled? Were there things that you may have had to disable afterwards as they caused issues/errors?
I can't remember if it was the trailer or something else I enabled but I had to do the module resets. Do to an abs and Collison fault. I just reset every on I could until faults went away.

DarthLincoln

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 BMW M coupe, 2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did anyone here install the Ford hitch kit MB3Z-19D520 and does not need the included mounting plate for the 4-pin harness because they installed a 7/4-pin harness? I am interested in buying one.

I was following this thread and planning to make similar modification, then I decided all I needed was a 4-pin and no trailer brakes. But my dealer sold me just the hitch (MB3Z-17D826) that doesn’t include the 4-pin mounting plate. And apparently the 4-pin plate is not available by itself.
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside IMG_1569

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did anyone here install the Ford hitch kit MB3Z-19D520 and does not need the included mounting plate for the 4-pin harness because they installed a 7/4-pin harness? I am interested in buying one.

I was following this thread and planning to make similar modification, then I decided all I needed was a 4-pin and no trailer brakes. But my dealer sold me just the hitch (MB3Z-17D826) that doesn’t include the 4-pin mounting plate. And apparently the 4-pin plate is not available by itself.
I can look and see if I saved mine tomorrow night.

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Appreciate the help. MY23 has a different connector with 12 total pins and different pin locations for the OEM wiring harness. Shown below as Pins 7, 8, 9, 10 and 12. I verified again that they are in the right slots.

I also have a 2023 and will be tackling this shortly. Did you ever get this working. I found some forscan instructions from the other DIY thread.

Also did you find a diagram for the connector or did you just attempt to match the colors to the other end of the connector? Want to make sure I get the pins right.

Thanks for any help!

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They provide two sets of wire labels, one for each connector type. I also did not do the forscan as built changes as they messed with the 2.3L MT settings and I had to reset them. I only enabled the text description items and now everything works great including the brake controller.

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They provide two sets of wire labels, one for each connector type. I also did not do the forscan as built changes as they messed with the 2.3L MT settings and I had to reset them. I only enabled the text description items and now everything works great including the brake controller.
I'm assuming then the extra wires are for the older (pre 22) connectors?

Trueblue772

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302 Laguna Seca, F-250 PSD, Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ended up setting up a trailer hitch assembly from amazon.com, as the original Ford order was cancelled and subsequently backordered without an estimated time of arrival. This was due to a change in part number.

In addition, I managed to install the official trailer wiring harness and the brake controller purchased from Ford Accessories. Delivery of these parts was surprisingly faster than the ones ordered from my Ford Dealer. As a result, I decided to cancel the dealer's parts order and stick with the ones from Ford Accessories.

The brake controller installation wasn't too challenging, despite not adhering to the instructions on the module or control. Instead of setting it up next to the window switches between the driver and passenger seats, as suggested, I wired the control to the headlight switch panel located on the left of the steering wheel. A hole was drilled to fit the control knob. The brake controller module was directly mounted to the support bracket beneath the steering wheel, concealed behind the same panel. I drilled a few holes in the bracket and utilized locknuts to secure it, resulting in a neat and tidy installation.

Installation of the wiring harness, however, was a tad complicated. The instructions provided are predominantly visual, making it somewhat tricky to determine the precise point of view. Moreover, the wiring harness modification behind the driver-side front fenderwell featured a different harness than the one depicted in the instructions. This necessitated me to guess the pin configuration as it didn't align with the instructions (for instance, I placed the blue wire in pin 7, instead of pin 19 as directed). Regardless, the installation is now complete and all that's left is some Ford programming to enable everything.
I ordered this but the box did not include the module pictured. It only has the wiring harness and the 7 pin connection. Do I need the module? Mine is a MY 2023

Sponsored

Lucky23BadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 2.7L Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Did you find one of these brackets? I have one I can mail.

Tooold

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 FB, transit awd duel sider, flex 3.5L, BaseManS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If looking for the 7/4 mount, why not use the Curt receiver and this LOD Offroad connector bracket?

https://lodoffroad.com/products/2021-bronco-trailer-hitch-plug-mount
I just looked under the bronco with a factory plastic bumper. There is no room for the LOD trailer hitch plug mount bracket between the cross member and the bumper. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the info! Wasn't sure if the base had a harness or not, but I will give it a look!
I have a my22.5 base model. I can confirm that the factory harness that accepts a brake controller is there.
Sponsored