Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is the module but there is also wiring missing. Since your vehicle wasn't made with TT, you won't be able to download the software for the module to make it compatible with your vehicle. No, using a part from a vehicle with it won't work because the module with have a different VIN id'd to it and cause problems with the network.

Can someone really good with coding and programming to make it work? Possibly but I don't know what type of specialty stuff work be needed or who even does that type of stuff.
Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That is the module but there is also wiring missing. Since your vehicle wasn't made with TT, you won't be able to download the software for the module to make it compatible with your vehicle. No, using a part from a vehicle with it won't work because the module with have a different VIN id'd to it and cause problems with the network.

Can someone really good with coding and programming to make it work? Possibly but I don't know what type of specialty stuff work be needed or who even does that type of stuff.
I believe FORD Performance needs to find that answer for the Bronco Community. They could make it work I am sure, including being able to configure the module at any FORD dealership service department, or at least that is what I want to believe.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe FORD Performance needs to find that answer for the Bronco Community. They could make it work I am sure, including being able to configure the module at any FORD dealership service department, or at least that is what I want to believe.
Not possible with FDRS. I spoke with some folks at Lumen who supply the current controller and they might be putting a complete kit together for later this year. Has to get approval from Ford but would be everything needed to install tow with braking.

beauseef

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2015 Expedition, 2018 Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Is this a required component? Doesn’t this only give you the “sway control” in the dash? Seems like it mates perfect with the wires in the rear:
27ECAB24-871D-4E8A-97EC-3BB128A573E7.jpeg
Yes that module is required, the wires from that module go to the front drivers fender, then a harness needs built to take those wires to the hitch. I’m not 100% sure but the trailer sway is controlled by the epas and rcm to help you counter steer the sway. From what I know the trailer sway is standard, just needs turned on in the apim to allow the option to disable it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this isn't helpful, but I said F-it and added tow back to my order. Dang near every Bronco I see on the road or in dealer stock (around me) has Tow.

If Ford can't stop giving tow to everyone else and continues to not build my week 1 reservation, I'll keep my Jeep.

Sponsored

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 1500, Kawasaki Versys 300x
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking for your opinions and if I've got this right having read through this multiple times. I currently have the curt hitch installed and the 4 way plug per the curt instructions. (I did swap the pins for my big bend and all working fine.)
I'd like to add the redarc tow pro liberty and a 7 pin capability. I've read this adapter harness is the one I need.

https://redarcelectronics.com/produ...t-ford-lincoln-tph-007?variant=15913126199409

Even though I don't have the towing package, it should plug right in and power up.
So I will need to get the brake signal from the controller to the hitch. This is the blue wire as I'm understanding. (Output from the controller only right?) Should I run this to the hitch right from there (splice into the adapter harness?Option 1) Or option 2. This wire goes from the brake controller to the front fender? And send it back from there.
12v power ill get from the rear as stated earlier in this thread. Reverse lights really needed? I think I could skip that. Just wire this all up into a universal 4 to 7 adapter. Am I missing anything?

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking for your opinions and if I've got this right having read through this multiple times. I currently have the curt hitch installed and the 4 way plug per the curt instructions. (I did swap the pins for my big bend and all working fine.)
I'd like to add the redarc tow pro liberty and a 7 pin capability. I've read this adapter harness is the one I need.

https://redarcelectronics.com/produ...t-ford-lincoln-tph-007?variant=15913126199409

Even though I don't have the towing package, it should plug right in and power up.
So I will need to get the brake signal from the controller to the hitch. This is the blue wire as I'm understanding. (Output from the controller only right?) Should I run this to the hitch right from there (splice into the adapter harness?Option 1) Or option 2. This wire goes from the brake controller to the front fender? And send it back from there.
12v power ill get from the rear as stated earlier in this thread. Reverse lights really needed? I think I could skip that. Just wire this all up into a universal 4 to 7 adapter. Am I missing anything?
I don't think I would buy that harness. All you are looking for is the brake signal, power, and ground.. That harness sends CAN Signals to the Tow Module which you do not have.
What I'm going to do is just back probe that plug where this harness plugs in and find the brake signal, power, and ground. Then just use 3 connectors and wires from there to the Tow Pro module.

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not sure I understand. Isn't the plug only 4 wires? 12v power, ground, brake pedal signal to the controller, and the brake output signal which I would run to the rear 7 pin. To my understanding that output wire dead ends anyway. What are these can signals you speak of. Sorry dumb question?

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not sure I understand. Isn't the plug only 4 wires? 12v power, ground, brake pedal signal to the controller, and the brake output signal which I would run to the rear 7 pin. To my understanding that output wire dead ends anyway. What are these can signals you speak of. Sorry dumb question?
I thought I read somewhere where the connector was B+, Ground, Brake, and CAN (Controller Area Network) Anyway before purchasing the harness I would make sure the signals are there using a voltmeter. They may not be there because the Tow Module isn't installed. If the signals are there then the Harness would make a clean installation. I'm going to check my connector probably on Friday when I have some spare time.

JGloss

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was just going off this posted earlier
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside Screenshot_20220722-155431_Chrome

Sponsored

Jimmiee

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was just going off this posted earlier
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside Screenshot_20220722-155431_Chrome
I missed this post. I thought I had read all the replies the other day. Looks like the harness is the way to go. Thanks for pointing this out!

gkorgood

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2DR, Base, Mansquatch, Mod, Aux, Safe
Your Bronco Model
Base
Known problem. The Bronco specific 7/4 trailer plug comes with it's own special bracket that's not available from Ford individually. I got one of 3 of these that were in the depot and have not seen any since. If you buy the Ford accessory trailer hitch kit it comes with the hitch, 4 bolts and bracket for the flat 4 pin. See the pic below..

You can buy a Pollak 7/4 trailer plug with a bracket, it just won't be the right bracket and you'll have to figure out how or where to mount. Could just zip tie the thing to the factory hitch if you don't mind sneers and jeers from Bronco TT purists.
Sorry to necro this thread, but was there ever any luck getting the pollack-bronco specific bracket aftermarket, either made or bought? I know it comes with the plug from Ford (M2DZ-14A666-B) but if I already bought a plug from O'Reilly am I just SOL unless I return it and get the blug and bracket from Ford? I know you had mentioned getting cad for it and getting some lasercut @flip...

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry to necro this thread, but was there ever any luck getting the pollack-bronco specific bracket aftermarket, either made or bought? I know it comes with the plug from Ford (M2DZ-14A666-B) but if I already bought a plug from O'Reilly am I just SOL unless I return it and get the blug and bracket from Ford? I know you had mentioned getting cad for it and getting some lasercut @flip...
If you buy the Ford one it comes with the bracket. They're readily available but the bracket still isn't offered by itself. Didn't follow up on the laser cut ones since supply is plentiful and wouldn't be worth the investment at this point. I'm sure Pollak or Curt will eventually offer their own version with bracket.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak