First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah and talk about the one inside. There was a debate as to if the LEDs have an actual brake switch due to variable voltage. So when I saw that fuse I thought maybe it led to something that could be used to tap in for brake lights instead of trying to tap into the LEDs in the back. But who knows
If this was a roulette wheel, my money is a 12 volt brake circuit. The brake switch is the same on this and a 2010 Ford explorer which uses a conventional bulb on the back end.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the key to solving by part numbers will be comparing the 2 door non LED (Base Harness) to the most stripped down 2 door LED Harness with no tow package. That will eliminate the options If you have service diagrams available, I could tell you from them.
That's part of the problem, it doesn't call out the differences. I'm down to connector level comparison. Unfortunately, the parts system shows multiple rear options, with and without tow. By that, I'm assuming the main running from the front does not include wiring that would have fed the factory tow module. Will be easy to figure out when I can actually put my paws on one.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this was a roulette wheel, my money is a 12 volt brake circuit. The brake switch is the same on this and a 2010 Ford explorer which uses a conventional bulb on the back end.
Turn, stop and park lights all come straight out of the BCM, body control module under the left side of the dash, through a few connectors and splice to the rear lights.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Turn, stop and park lights all come straight out of the BCM, body control module under the left side of the dash, through a few connectors and splice to the rear lights.
Ford has done it this way for many years, it's nothing new. Both the Low and high(LED) lighting packages should be wired that way. The low lighting package is a bulb\socket design. Those use 12v lights.

randym

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the tow package come with a transmission cooler?

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the tow package come with a transmission cooler?
From what I've seen so far, cooler is same on tow and non-tow. Parts list may not reflect differences yet but all I can see is one for 2.3 on the trans and the 2.7 under the radiator area.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The 4/7 pin plug is made by Pollak and can be found cheaper than the Ford one, if you don't care about having the Ford logo on it. Here is one example from Amazon.

I have a couple of extra 4/7 pin plugs from my SuperDuty as the Camera/TPMS kit includes a new plug to replace the regular 4/7 pin one. But I have used the one in the link above before and it is an exact match with the exception of the logo.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4/7 pin plug is made by Pollak and can be found cheaper than the Ford one, if you don't care about having the Ford logo on it. Here is one example from Amazon.

I have a couple of extra 4/7 pin plugs from my SuperDuty as the Camera/TPMS kit includes a new plug to replace the regular 4/7 pin one. But I have used the one in the link above before and it is an exact match with the exception of the logo.
This is my plan less the 4/7 not shown. Ford trailer light converter, Amazon Pollak whip, tap into rear lights and go down through a body grommet on the left rear corner.
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside trailer lights

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is my plan less the 4/7 not shown. Ford trailer light converter, Amazon Pollak whip, tap into rear lights and go down through a body grommet on the left rear corner.
trailer lights.jpg
Thank you for all the research and information you have provided!!

A thought: T harness in-line, connected into the taillight harness? (leave the 12v and brake controller signal just terminated if needed) so this becomes a plug-n-play solution?

Peter

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And comes with a bracket! Bonus. Just gotta wait a little for a aftermarket hitch and we’ll really get the price down!

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for all the research and information you have provided!!

A thought: T harness in-line, connected into the taillight harness? (leave the 12v and brake controller signal just terminated if needed) so this becomes a plug-n-play solution?

Peter
If I can come up with a simple solution to tap into the molex connectors, yes. If not, will just have to use a t-tap on the wires to the rear lights. I hate cutting/piercing factory wires but this would be the easiest solution for folks that aren't real proficient with wire splicing and soldering.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If I can come up with a simple solution to tap into the molex connectors, yes. If not, will just have to use a t-tap on the wires to the rear lights. I hate cutting/piercing factory wires but this would be the easiest solution for folks that aren't real proficient with wire splicing and soldering.
I am not very keen on splicing or tapping my factory harness either. I'm sure someone will throw some instructions together eventually. I would be happy to, except my reservation is mid November, so I probably won't be getting my vehicle anytime soon.

Again, Thank you for everything!

Peter

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here's the plan. The red circled area is the left tail light connector inside the vehicle, there is one on right side. Would need to tap into both sides to get signals. Blue circle is where the factory trailer tow module would sit. If the wiring is there I can get power for battery charge and ground. Will also be a good spot to mount the light module. Wires would then be snaked down through a body plug in the approximate area where the black circle is.

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 1623963489177
Sponsored

Reactions: R11