skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, very much thanks! Very clear on those two power supplies, which should be able to be used for this or even other purposes (for constant hot).

Also, is C4099 the 7-way connector itself or is it a different one near near the back ? I'm looking at it more and it looks like it is just the 7-way, everything comes from C201 but the reverse wire which comes from C105, which must be a big one.

The park signal is deadheaded at the trailer module connection @flip shows, but it looks like the reverse goes somewhere, just part of a big connector. You'd think that would be deadheaded somewhere easier also as that single wire has to get back to the trailer connector from C105 by itself
Sponsored

Last edited:

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Definitely. Do you have the connector diagram that shows where connectors C105 & C201 are? C105 should have the reverse wire in it and we need to probe the car end of C201 to see if there is continuity to C4397C at the TRM. If there is, we'll just need the correct P/N for the harness that goes between C105/C201 and C4099 to complete the wiring part of the project. We also need to check out if the Trailer Reverse Relay is present and functional in the BJB. Then it is down to obtaining an OEM TRM and programming it for a 100% OEM solution. The settings in the IPC, BCM and ACM to enable control and display are already present in the plaintext section of ForScan's Module Configuration tabs.

Last edited:

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, very much thanks! Very clear on those two power supplies, which should be able to be used for this or even other purposes (for constant hot).

Also, is C4099 the 7-way connector itself or is it a different one near near the back ? I'm looking at it more and it looks like it is just the 7-way, everything comes from C201 but the reverse wire which comes from C105, which must be a big one.

The park signal is deadheaded at the trailer module connection @flip shows, but it looks like the reverse goes somewhere, just part of a big connector. You'd think that would be deadheaded somewhere easier also as that single wire has to get back to the trailer connector from C105 by itself
C4099 should be a standard Pollack RV style car end connector for a 7-pin trailer plug.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip, are those two 12V+ at the middle trailer tow module connector fed directly and dedicated from the fuses? do you have a diagram showing the power from fuses to connector?

Would you recommend taking power for the converter from one of the pins (and reducing the fuse to 15A up front) and then taking the other one for the constant 12V+ on the 7-pin?

At this point I'm planning:
1. Use the Curt or Tekonsha plug and play that's coming out now
2. Powering its converter from the plug you have shown (replace fuse with 15A)

Then possibly, or maybe in the future:
3. Grabbing the other circuit from your plug to use as hot 12V+ for a future 7-way (and pull the fuse if not being used)
4. Stabbing a reverse wire on the Curt PnP harness to drive a relay for future 7-way reverse (will a standard automotive relay work for this?)

The addition of reverse and 12V would allow for the future use of a wireless brake controller if necessary, no brake wire needed.
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 1634561388609

As far as powering the tail light converter, I used one of the VBATT wires for power and put in a 15A fuse. You can use the other for a 12V+ for breakaway battery charge or lights.

I don't know about the reverse signal. If you have halogen then you can probably get away running a relay. If it's LED, you'll need some sort of PWM converter like is used for the tail/turn lights. Someone may have posted a possible solution further down in the thread but I haven't messed with this yet. Curt or Reese may have something out there too. If you do get it figured out, please add it to this thread or DM me so I can put in my notes.

What is the PNP harness you're speaking of?????

TT conn power.JPG

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good deal. Looks like they're using the plugs outside of the body instead of the larger ones inside.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

General question, maybe for flip: I am getting the Curt PNP which of course still needs 12v. Instead of running all the way up to the battery would it be possible and maybe easier to tap the 12v outlet on the passenger side cargo area?

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
RPF, More pictures and two pdf's of the connectors.
3 door
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 3 door C201 C105

5 door
Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside 5 door C201 C105

Attachments

Last edited:

skoorb76

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Your Bronco Model
Base
3 door

5 door
C105 doesn't look like one I'd want to mess with.

So, the trailer reverse, just a regular 12V power wire, comes from a relay in the BJB through huge connector C105 straight to the back trailer hitch connector without any other connector in between and in no way going through the trailer tow module hardware and connections... Is that wire and relay then not installed at all in a vehicle without trailer tow? It's looking like an entirely different base body wiring harness for trucks with trailer tow vs. without if that is the case

Same questions with the park wire from C201.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
General question, maybe for flip: I am getting the Curt PNP which of course still needs 12v. Instead of running all the way up to the battery would it be possible and maybe easier to tap the 12v outlet on the passenger side cargo area?
No, don't do this. There is likely not enough current available. Do what Flip did earlier and tap one of the 2 12V lines where the TRM would have been installed on the left side of the vehicle. SBB91/SBBA7 in connector C4397A. These are both BU-RD.

These do have fuses installed, even when TT isn't ordered and can supply up to 30A each. Just replace the 30A fuse with whatever amperage Curt specifies (I believe it is 20A).

Sponsored

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3 door
3 door C201 C105.jpg

5 door
5 door C201 C105.jpg
What I don't get is that the wiring diagram shows the turn/batt charge circuits coming out of the TRM and from there going through only 2 connectors to the trailer plug. It does not show the circuits going back to the BCM, which is what seems to be implied with the location of C201/C105.

So what is going on at the rear of the vehicle. Does the connector diagram show C4099 to be a standard Pollack style trailer plug connector and if so, is it really part of the main body harness? Or is this some other plug back by the BCM. I guess we need to take a look at 151-23 & 151-24 because this isn't making any sense,

Last edited:

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any recent updates to report? I'm quite interested in the 7-pin harness as my vehicle didn't come with the tow package. Debating on buying the hitch now or waiting for the 7-pin to be diagramed out (and hopefully a kit) with the hitch.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Any recent updates to report? I'm quite interested in the 7-pin harness as my vehicle didn't come with the tow package. Debating on buying the hitch now or waiting for the 7-pin to be diagramed out (and hopefully a kit) with the hitch.
I picked mine up on Wednesday. Checked my fuse block and all of the fuses are present for all of the tow functions. Was thinking about what I said back in Post #222, and I think it is likely that C201/C105 are harness to harness connectors and not harness to module connectors so I'll peek under there next time I have a chance and try to see what is going on with it.

hollapm

First Edition
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition, 2021 Ranger, 2024 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I picked mine up on Wednesday. Checked my fuse block and all of the fuses are present for all of the tow functions. Was thinking about what I said back in Post #222, and I think it is likely that C201/C105 are harness to harness connectors and not harness to module connectors so I'll peek under there next time I have a chance and try to see what is going on with it.
Thanks!
What parts have you currently procured and do you think you will need anything else (excluding finding the right wire to connect to?

How much do you likely have tied into this so far?
I'm thinking I'll likely go with the Ford hitch vs Curt so that I can have a factory looking 4/7 pin connector at the hitch.

RPF

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks!
What parts have you currently procured and do you think you will need anything else (excluding finding the right wire to connect to?

How much do you likely have tied into this so far?
I'm thinking I'll likely go with the Ford hitch vs Curt so that I can have a factory looking 4/7 pin connector at the hitch.
Haven't bought anything yet as I just got mine and with all of the issues with delivery, ADM, etc didn't want to "jinx" anything :ROFLMAO:

I currently have the TRM module, OEM hitch and OEM wiring plug/mounting plate on my list for when the 220K FordPass points hit. For much of the same reasons you mention, so that I have as stock of a final solution as possible. Dropped the Ford 4-pin adapter harness from the list after the Curt one came out that didn't require splicing wires. Ideally I'll be able to get the OEM TRM to work but will use the Curt module as backup if necessary. I need the +12V line and reverse line as well as the flat-4 wires for my trailer. Don't need the brake line as I'm using the Curt Echo BT brake controller.
Sponsored